Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Cross-Community / General Topics

Please include "Plenary" in your Topic Proposal Title to help with Table of Contents filtering

Plenary: Welcome and Opening Comments

Plenary: Intro to Open Source and LFN

Plenary: EUAG and Software Defined Networks

  • Short Description:  LFN EUAG meets with ODL and TF and discusses the priorities of SDNs for the operators

  • Detailed Description: Brief project overviews by ODL and TF, followed by round-table discussions of SDNs in general in current day operator networks

  • Topic Leader(s): Ahmed El Sawaf

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. name1, name2

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): name1

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.

  • Expected duration: 1 hour

  • Minutes: Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts
  • Slides: EUAG and SDN v1.pdf
  • Recording: If a topic is recorded it should be linked here at the conclusion of the event.

Plenary: The role of the Telecom Operator in driving Innovation in the Open Source community

  • Short Description:  How LFN EUAG serves as the "voice of the customer" within the LFN community

  • Detailed Description: There has been some community thinking about where and how innovation feeds into the community.  Traditionally, the operators have relied on Vendors to drive innovation, but that is changing as more operators prefer to contribute directly to projects.  The process for pulling in requirements appropriately into a community that expects code as requirements needs to accommodate both approaches.  The EUAG can fill that role.

  • Topic Leader(s): Beth Cohen Lei Huang

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. name1, name2

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Ahmed El Sawaf 

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  Ahmed El Sawaf

  • Expected duration: 1 hour

  • Minutes: 2020-10-14 - The role of the Telecom Operator in driving Innovation in the Open Source community Notes
  • Slides: Topic Leader should attach slides here at the conclusion of their presentation, or prior to, if available.
  • Recording: If a topic is recorded it should be linked here at the conclusion of the event.

Plenary: XGVela Cross Community Collaboration

  • Short Description:  Discuss about aspects of XGVela could collaborate with the other opensource / SDO projects in the Teleco industry.

  • Detailed DescriptionMany vendors and telco operators are moving towards cloud native network after the popularization of NFV. In this session, we would introduce the topic of the integration ideas of XGVela with other opensource (ONAP, OPNFV, CNTT...) and SDO (GSMA, ETSI, 3GPP, TM Forum...) that are being discussed w.r.t XGVela and the roadmap around this. The intention of this presentation is also to discuss with a broader forum on the ideas around the integration and take inputs as a stepping stone for this journey. 

  • Topic Leader(s): Qihui Zhao Seshu Kumar M Liu Ying @khemendra

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. name1, name 2

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): name1

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.

  • Expected duration: 30min

  • Minutes: https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/display/LN/2020-10-14+-+XGVela+Cross-Community+Collaboration
  • Slides: 
  • Recording

Plenary: EUAG and Industry Initiatives Fragmentation

  • Short Description: How the industry and LFN in particular can formally work harmonize their initiatives to avoid some of the current
    fragmentation. Can EUAG represents the CSPs vision on this topic within the LFN?
  • Detailed Description: The openess and disaggregation allows for accelerated innovation and agility towards faster TTM of new services/products while reducing overall TCO. But when systems are disaggregated, they must then be re-integrated to work as one. To simplify the re-integration, there is a need for an agreement within the industry regarding the ecosystem interoperability. One of the topics included in the "ONAP Consumption Models" is the initiatives fragmentation and the difficults it generates. The lack of industry consensus, interoperability and the complexity of re-integration undermines the success of disaggregation and realization of its primary business benefits. The complexity of re-integration impacts the agility, increases the TTM and also the cost of adoption of disaggregated solutions, which in turn impacts the TCO thus nullifying the business benefits further. The Initiatives fragmentation and proliferation in the industry seems to be not coordinated, many of them are distributed across SDOs, open source and/or several nature communities, vendor solutions, primary service integrations and the CSPs. This initiatives sometimes overlaps, definitions diverge, evolution path disintegrates and a lack of holistic industry vision and a clear future perspective emerge across and all of them. All these aspects prevent CSPs to fully realize the benefits of disaggregation and different solutions from being harmonized to achieve a consolidated systems. This issue induce that instead of accelerating the pace of innovation it can slow it down. Due to this fragmentation, the CSPs are faced with the dilemma of multiple positions and proposals and which of these proposals will pass the test of time and prevail thus ensuring the investments in the medium-long term. This leads to delays in the transformation process and innovation as CSPs wait for a clearer picture to make the decision. This also leads to some CSPs opting for point solutions that threatens a convergent short, medium and long term strategy of disaggregation benefits realization, faster TTM and lowering TCO driven roadmaps.
  • Topic Leader(s): Javier Ger
  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event. Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. name1, name2
  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Ahmed El Sawaf 
  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions): 
  • Expected duration: 1 hour
  • Minutes: Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts
  • Slides: Topic Leader should attach slides here at the conclusion of their presentation, or prior to, if available.
  • Recording: If a topic is recorded it should be linked here at the conclusion of the event.

Plenary: CSPs requirements in 5G and intelligent network

  • Short Description:  In the current development process of 5G, solving the problems of operators' application and deployment requires the introduction of network automation and network intelligent technology. In order to better find out common requirements of CSPs in 5G and intelligent network, we've initiated relevant survey in EUAG. We hope that through this sharing,  we can discuss with you the future development prospects of 5G and the integration with intelligent networks.

  • Detailed Description: Discuss prospects of 5G and intelligent network from CSPs common perspective.

  • Topic Leader(s): Lei Huang

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. name1, name2

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Lei Huang

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  Lei Huang

  • Expected duration: 1 hour 

  • Minutes: Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts
  • Slides: Topic Leader should attach slides here at the conclusion of their presentation, or prior to, if available.
  • Recording: If a topic is recorded it should be linked here at the conclusion of the event.


Plenary: CN OVP - Roadmap for First CNF and Cloud Native Infrastructure Badging

  • Short Description:  Cross-community (ONAP, CNTT, CNCF) discussion focused defining the schedule, deliverables, and any open issues to launch the initial badges in 2021.

  • Detailed Description: Review the plans and deliverables across the various conformance projects to there is alignment on what can be expected and when for the launch of community badging. 

  • Topic Leader(s): Trevor Lovett Marc Price

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items):  Marc Price

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Trevor Lovett

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  Trevor Lovett

  • Expected duration: 1 hour

  • Minutes: https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/x/yoG-Ag
  • Slides: Topic Leader should attach slides here at the conclusion of their presentation, or prior to, if available.
  • Recording: If a topic is recorded it should be linked here at the conclusion of the event.

Plenary: Analysis Report of EUAG NFV Testing Automation Survey

  • Short Description:  A sharing of analysis report on EUAG NFV Testing Automation Survey to CVC/OVP 

  • Detailed Description:  EUAG will share the analysis report of NFV Testing Survey which launched this year and provide CVC/OVP with some inputs from operator's automation requirements to find out  what is expected for operators. and have some open discussion. 

  • Topic Leader(s): Lincoln Lavoie Yan Yang Lei Huang

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items):  name1

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): name1e

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  name1

  • Expected duration: 40min

  • Minutes: Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts
  • Slides:
  • Recording: If a topic is recorded it should be linked here at the conclusion of the event.

Plenary: Creating Trust Through Communications

  • Short Description: This session will discuss the value of building trust in organizations and review methods of establishing trust through communications.

  • Detailed Description: Detailed description of topic

  • Topic Leader(s): Scot Steele , name 2, ...

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. name1, name2

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): name1

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.

  • Expected duration: 1 hour

  • Minutes: Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts
  • Slides: LFN Building Trust Thru Communication.pptx
  • Recording: If a topic is recorded it should be linked here at the conclusion of the event.

Plenary: Building Cloud-Native Network Functions - Outcomes from the GW-Tester NSM implementation 

  • Short Description: Deep dive session for sharing lessons learned during the testing and Network Service Mesh (NSM) implementation in the GW-Tester project.

  • Detailed Description: The GW-Tester project is a set of tools created for testing GPRS Tunneling protocols. During the last Virtual Event, the journey to transform the GW-Tester to a Cloud-Native architecture was presented. In that session, we discussed some considerations from the Container's design to the CNI multiplexer implementation details. This session covers lessons learned and discovered during the Network Service Mesh (NSM) implementation. NSM offers a different approach compared to Multus and DANM to manage multiple network interfaces and this may result in Architectural changes on the CNF. The audience will get familiar with some considerations to take at the moment to consume NSM SDK. People from the ONAP, OPNFV and CNTT communities might find this information relevant to their projects.

  • Topic Leader(s): Victor Morales 

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. name1, name2

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): name1

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.

  • Expected duration: 1 hour

  • Minutes: Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts
  • Slides: Topic Leader should attach slides here at the conclusion of their presentation, or prior to, if available.
  • Recording: If a topic is recorded it should be linked here at the conclusion of the event.


ONAP Topics

Please include "ONAP" in your Topic Proposal Title to help with Table of Contents filtering

ONAP Security Subcommittee Kanban

  • Short Description:  Working session for Security Subcommittee to discuss completed, ongoing and planned activities

  • Detailed Description: Agenda to be set before hand.

  • Topic Leader(s): Pawel Pawlak Amy Zwarico

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. Pawel PawlakAmy Zwarico

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time):  Pawel Pawlak

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  Pawel Pawlak

  • Expected duration: 1 hour

  • Minutes: Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts
  • Slides: 

  • Recording: If a topic is recorded it should be linked here at the conclusion of the event

ONAP Requirements Subcommittee Backlog

  • Short Description:  Working session for Requirements subcommittee to discuss backlog from the previous releases and what remains candidate for Honolulu

  • Detailed Description: Agenda to be set before hand.

  • Topic Leader(s): Alla Goldner  

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. name1, name2

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time):  TBD

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  TBD

  • Expected duration: 1 hour

  • Minutes: Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts
  • Slides: Topic Leader should attach slides here at the conclusion of their presentation, or prior to, if available.
  • Recording: If a topic is recorded it should be linked here at the conclusion of the event

ONAP Requirements Subcommittee - new requirements for Honolulu

  • Short Description:  Working session for Requirements subcommittee to discuss new requirements proposals for Honolulu Release

  • Detailed Description: Agenda to be set before hand.

  • Topic Leader(s): Alla Goldner  

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. name1, name2

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time):  TBD

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  TBD

  • Expected duration: 2 hours

  • Minutes: Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts
  • Slides: Topic Leader should attach slides here at the conclusion of their presentation, or prior to, if available.
  • Recording: If a topic is recorded it should be linked here at the conclusion of the event

ONAP EUAG priorities

  • Short Description:  Working session for EUAG to present their Honolulu Release priorities to the Requirements subcommittee 

  • Detailed Description: Agenda to be set before hand.

  • Topic Leader(s): Lei Huang  Alla Goldner  

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. name1, name2

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time):  TBD

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  TBD

  • Expected duration: 1 hour

  • Minutes: Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts
  • Slides: EUAG CSP Top Priorities (Release H).pdf
  • Recording: If a topic is recorded it should be linked here at the conclusion of the event

ONAP Control Loop Subcommittee Requirements

ONAP Modeling Subcommittee Release 8 planning

  • Short Description:  Working session for modeling subcommittee to discuss release 8 Requirements

  • Detailed Description: Agenda to be set before hand.

  • Topic Leader(s): Andy Mayer Hui Deng

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. name1, name2

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Andy Mayer Hui Deng

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  Andy Mayer

  • Expected duration: 1 hour

  • Minutes: Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts
  • Slides: Topic Leader should attach slides here at the conclusion of their presentation, or prior to, if available.
  • Recording: If a topic is recorded it should be linked here at the conclusion of the event

ONAP: An Overview of the ONAP Frankfurt Release

  • Short Description:  An overview of the ONAP Frankfurt release for audience members that might be new to ONAP

  • Detailed Description: In this presentation, we will provide the main highlights of the ONAP Frankfurt release. The presentation will cover an overview of ONAP, the main use case blueprints, functional and non-functional highlights of the Frankfurt release, and how to get involved.

  • Topic Leader(s): Amar Kapadia

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): Amar Kapadia

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Amar Kapadia

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  Amar Kapadia

  • Expected duration: 1 hour

  • Minutes: Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts
  • Slides: Topic Leader should attach slides here at the conclusion of their presentation, or prior to, if available.
  • Recording: If a topic is recorded it should be linked here at the conclusion of the event.
  • Amar Kapadia the Zoom meeting link not included https://teamup.com/ksgw6qzqcmg9zbzsfq

ONAP Policy Framework Guilin Demos

ONAP Docs: Hackathon/reviews 

  • Short Description: Guilin Hackathon/reviews    

  • Detailed Description: The docs project will start to review content for the Guilin Release. We also encourage people to join to work on release related content, bring questions or feedback or support with reviews. 

  • Topic Leader(s): Sofia Wallin

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. name1, name2

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Sofia Wallin

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  Sofia Wallin

  • Expected duration: 2 hour

  • Minutes: Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts
  • Slides: Topic Leader should attach slides here at the conclusion of their presentation, or prior to, if available.
  • Recording: If a topic is recorded it should be linked here at the conclusion of the event

ONAP - New A&AI User Interface Targeted for Honolulu

ONAP  - Write the Docs

  • Short Description: Tips & Tricks how to write better documentation for  ONAP ReadTheDocs

  • Detailed Description: This presentation will cover topics like automatic migration from Confluence to ReadTheDocs, how to test documentation and what fancy things ReadTheDocs offers. Goal is also to collect new ideas from the community.

  • Topic Leader(s): Jakob Krieg

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. name1, name2

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Michal Jagiello

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions): Michal Jagiello

  • Expected duration: 30min

  • Minutes: Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts
  • Slides: 
  • Recording: If a topic is recorded it should be linked here at the conclusion of the event

ETSI ZSM - ONAP architecture collaboration

  • Short Description:  Bringing together ETSI ZSM and ONAP technical communities
  • Detailed Description: The ETSI ZSM architecture has previously been presented to ONAP and possible collaboration topics were discussed at the 2019 ONAP Joint Subcommittee Meetings Antwerp. ETSI ZSM has identified Network Slicing and Closed-loop automation as potential collaboration topics. Presentations and open discussion.
  • Topic Leader(s): Magnus Buhrgard
  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. name1, name2
  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): name1
  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions): You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.
  • Expected duration:1 hour
  • Minutes: Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts
  • Slides: Topic Leader should attach slides here at the conclusion of their presentation, or prior to, if available.
  • Recording: If a topic is recorded it should be linked here at the conclusion of the event.


ONAP TCC Network Management

  • Short Description:  Update on TCC Generic Network Management
  • Detailed Description: Presentation of ONAP related items from SDOs and other standards related organizations in the area of Network Management
  • Topic Leader(s): Magnus Buhrgard
  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteername1, name2
  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): name1
  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions): You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.
  • Expected duration:45 minutes
  • Minutes: Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts
  • Slides: Topic Leader should attach slides here at the conclusion of their presentation, or prior to, if available.
  • Recording: If a topic is recorded it should be linked here at the conclusion of the event.

ONAP Configuration & Persistence Service Project Proposal for ONAP R8 Honolulu Release

  • Short Description: Configuration Persistence Service (CPS) Project for ONAP Release 8 (Honolulu).

  • Detailed Description: ConfigurationPersistence Service (CPS) creates a data layer for micro-services to store & manage network element data. This session will give an Context for C&PS, Overview of the (C&PS) Project, the Model Driven C&PS PoC, evolution of the State Management PoC (integration to C&PS project), and the roadmap into ONAP Release 8 (Honolulu). The presentation will also go over the project proposal as a stand-alone project for R8.

  • Topic Leader(s): Benjamin Cheung Tony Finnerty

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): Toine Siebelink

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Benjamin Cheung

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  Benjamin Cheung 

  • Expected duration: 1 hour

  • Minutes: Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts
  • Slides: ConfigurationPersistenceSvcDDF_202010Oc15v13.pdf
  • Recording: 202010Oc15-CPSDDF_Talk-Demo.mp4

ONAP Control Loop in TOSCA PoC and Rel H evolution 

  • Short Description:  Control Loop in TOSCA Demo
  • Detailed Description
  • A PoC  has been progressed in ONAP Rel G timeframe to show the introduction of an abstract definition of a control loop and its components using a common format and language (i.e. TOSCA) and a common catalogue. 
  • A demo will be shown followed by an open discussion about ONAP added value, future applications and next steps.

ONAP Honolulu - CNF Task Force Requirements 

ONAP Honolulu - What Should We Improve?

  • Short Description:  After 7 Major releases (including Guilin) and several maintenance releases, what are the areas that the ONAP TSC should improve?

  • Detailed DescriptionWe are about to finalize the implementation of our 2020 TSC priorities. A lot of great accomplishments have been made this year with the ONAP Community i.e. ONAP Cloud Native Journey; New Release Cadence; Delivery of 1 Major release (Frankfurt) and 2 maintenances releases (El-Alto and Franfurt); implement of our project review/lifecycle and more. What will be our TSC focus in 2021? During this session, we would like to gather your inputs.

  • Topic Leader(s): Catherine Lefevre  & ONAP TSC

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): Catherine Lefevre

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Catherine Lefevre  

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  Catherine Lefevre

  • Expected duration: 30 mins

  • Minutes: 2020 October Virtual Technical Meetings Daily Summaries
  • Slides: ONAP Honolulu - What Should We Improve.pdf
  • Recording: If a topic is recorded it should be linked here at the conclusion of the event.

ONAP: E2E Network Slicing - Honolulu release Scope and Future Roadmap

  • Short Description:  Sharing the draft H-release scope for E2E Network Slicing use case, and proposed future roadmap topics to seek feedback & inputs from the community

  • Detailed DescriptionThis session aims at sharing the draft scope for E2E Network Slicing in H-release, as well as the roadmap for this use case going forward. We want to seek feedback and inputs from the community on the various potential topics that will be part of the roadmap (a multi-release effort), in particular:

    1. Functional enhancements of existing work: Deployment options; Slice LCM functionality; Resource Discoveries (endpoint information, etc.); KPI Monitoring, Closed Loop and AI/ML
    2. Alignment with standard organization and opensource community w.r.to workflow, interfaces and modeling : 3GPP, TMF, IETF, O-RAN
    3. Interaction with other use cases in ONAP: CCVPN, MDONS, IBN, CPS, Mobility Standards Harmonization
    4. New features/capabilities in H-release and beyondSlicing in roaming scenarios; E2E traffic flows on control and data plane
  • Topic Leader(s): LIN MENG Swaminathan S

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): LIN MENG Swaminathan S

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): LIN MENG Swaminathan S

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  LIN MENGSwaminathan S

  • Expected duration: 1 hour

  • Minutes: See 2020 October Virtual Technical Meetings Daily Summaries.
  • Slides: 
  • Recording: https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/download/attachments/40372472/E2E_Network_Slicing_use_case_Oct_13.mp4?api=v2

ONAP: 5G OOF SON use case - Honolulu release requirements, dependencies and roadmap

ONAP: Hands-on session on ONAP Optimization Framework (OOF)

ONAP: O-RAN ↔ ONAP Collaboration and Alignment

  • Short Description:  This sessions is to share and discuss the areas of collaboration and alignment between O-RAN and ONAP.

  • Detailed Description: This session will cover the following topics, with the objective of finalizing the details of collaboration/liaisoning with O-RAN.

    • Overview of known ONAP use cases which are concerned with O-RAN interfaces/functionality
    • Outlook of collaboration and alignment areas in H-release and beyond: discussion topic
    • Immediate priorities and milestones
    • Potential joint ONAP and O-RAN demos (e.g., plug fests, LFN events)
    • Collaboration with and leveraging ORAN-SC: For e.g., simulators
    • Regular cadence of meetings and topics to be discussed (with O-RAN folks, and internally in ONAP - for e.g., 5G use cases call)
    • Sharing updates to the TSC, Requirements Sub-committee and the ONAP community in general
    • Wiki page, documentation and tracking
  • Topic Leader(s): Swaminathan S Alla Goldner

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items):  Swaminathan S Alla Goldner

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Swaminathan S Alla Goldner

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions): Swaminathan S Alla Goldner

  • Expected duration: 1 hour

  • Minutes: See 2020 October Virtual Technical Meetings Daily Summaries.
  • Slides: 
  • Recording: https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/download/attachments/40372472/ONAP_ORAN_Liaison_Oct_15.mp4?api=v2

ONAP: A1 Policy enforcement with Non-RT RIC

  • Short Description:  This session will cover presentation and demo how to use ONAP Non-RT RIC to enforce A1 Policies.

  • Detailed Description: This session will cover presentation and demo how to use ONAP Non-RT RIC to enforce A1 Policies:

    • Components used to build A1 Policy enforcement loops

    • Idea of R-APPs

    • Handover simulator
  • Topic Leader(s): Pawel Slowikowski , Krystian Kedron, Konrad Banka

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. name1, name2

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time):  Pawel Slowikowski , Krystian Kedron, Konrad Banka

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):   Pawel Slowikowski , Krystian Kedron, Konrad Banka@

  • Expected duration: 45 mins

  • Minutes: Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts
  • Slides: 
  • Recording: If a topic is recorded it should be linked here at the conclusion of the event.

ONAP Python SDK: from version 1.0 to... 7.0


ONAP : CSPs requirements in Network intelligence

  • Short Description:  Share the analysis report of EUAG network intelligence survey and find out the CSPs common requirement in Netwok intelligence

  • Detailed Description: Python ONAP SDK new release description: new features and plans for future

  • Topic Leader(s): Lingli Deng

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): Lingli Deng

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Lingli Deng

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  Lingli Deng

  • Expected duration: 30 mins

  • Minutes: Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts
  • Slides: Topic Leader should attach slides here at the conclusion of their presentation, or prior to, if available.
  • Recording: If a topic is recorded it should be linked here at the conclusion of the event.

ONAP: Guilin CNF improvements overview

  • Short Description:  Provide overview of changes related to CNFs handling in Guilin release and their affect on example CNF usecase - vFW_CNF_CDS

  • Detailed Description: The main focus of the presentation it to describe the mian features that are introduced for CNF Day0/1 isupport n Guilin release. REQ-341 that covers the scope of this work intruduces such changes like native onboarding of Helm package and its orchestration by SO, improved support for Helm enrichment/customization performed by Controller Design Studio or capability of fetching status information of k8s resources. In the end, there will be presented shortly plans for further extensions to REQ-341 for Honolulu release.

  • Topic Leader(s): Seshu Kumar M Lukasz Rajewski Konrad Banka,

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): Konrad Banka

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time):Lukasz Rajewski

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  Lukasz Rajewski

  • Expected duration: 45 mins

  • Minutes: Minutes
  • Slides: CNFO Guilin
  • Recording: Recording

ONAP: Architecture Subcommittee update: Guilin Reviews perspectives and what's new for Honolulu

  • Short Description:  Share a summary/perspectives of the Guilin Architecture Reviews and highlight some of the minor changes for the Honolulu-R8 upcoming reviews

  • Detailed Description: Will be added shortly

  • Topic Leader(s):  Chaker Al-Hakim

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. name1, name2

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): TBD

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.

  • Expected duration: 1 hour

  • Minutes: TBD
  • Slides: Oct 2020 vDDF -ONAP Architecture Subcommittee Presentation
  • Recording: TBD


ONAP: Service Mesh PoC

  • Short Description:  Share a status and next steps for Service Mesh Proof of Concept

  • Detailed Description: Will be added shortly

  • Topic Leader(s):  Krzysztof Opasiak

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. name1, name2

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): TBD

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.

  • Expected duration: 1 hour

  • Minutes: TBD
  • Slides: TBD
  • Recording: TBD

ONAP: Demo of Free5GC CNF orchestration via the K8s plugin/EMCO

  • Short Description:  Onboarding and orchestration of open source Free5GC 5G core network functions

  • Detailed Description: This session explains how ONAP components can be used to onboard and orchestrate CNFs (container network functions) built from Free5C core project. 

  • Topic Leader(s): Sriram Rupanagunta Vivekanandan Muthukrishnan

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. name1, name2

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): TBD

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.

  • Expected duration: 30 minutes

  • Minutes: TBD
  • Slides: TBD
  • Recording: TBD

ONAP: Demo of O-RAN-SC O1 interface simulator configuration via CDS

  • Short Description: Configuration of O-RAN-SC O1 interface simulator by using CDS

  • Detailed Description:  The O-RAN-SC has developed an O1 interface simulator. We will use CDS "configure" it using NETCONF.

  • Topic Leader(s): Sriram Rupanagunta Vivekanandan Muthukrishnan

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. name1, name2

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): TBD

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.

  • Expected duration: 30 minutes

  • Minutes: TBD
  • Slides: TBD
  • Recording: TBD

ONAP Multi Tenancy - Demo of Guilin work and Roadmap

  • Short Description Current work done so far on the Multi Tenancy and the demo to showcase the work. Discuss the roadmap of how to take it forward.

  • Detailed Description: Introduction of the work done in Guilin around the runtime scope of the multi tenancy. Showcase the current feature developed through a video demo in the Bell Labs  ONAP integration env.

  • Topic Leader(s): Olivier Phénix Mike Elliott @Neil Seshu Kumar M 

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. Olivier Phénix Seshu Kumar M

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time):  TBD

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  TBD

  • Expected duration: 30 mins

  • Minutes: https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/x/TIO-Ag
  • Slides: ONAP-Multi_Tenancy_Guilin.pptx
  • Recording: TBD


ONAP Docs: Impact of the current ONAP release- and branching strategy on documentation

  • Short Description: Impact of the current ONAP release- and branching strategy on documentation. Discussion of the problems and possible solutions.
  • Detailed Description: Due to the current situation, the DOC team is facing problems to create proper release documentation (index page that points to the documentation for all release-relevant (sub)components). We want to describe the situation, the problems we are facing and we want to discuss and agree on a solution for this.
  • Proposed Participants: Release Manager (David McBride), OOM Team Representative (?TPL), Doc TPL (Sofia Wallin), Doc Team (Andreas Geissler, Thomas Kulik, Eric Debeau, and more), TSC Lead (Catherine LeFevre), LF Release Engineering / Tech Support (Jessica Wagantall, Aric Gardner, …)
  • Topic Leader(s): Andreas Geissler, Thomas Kulik
  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. name1, name2
  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Andreas Geissler, Thomas Kulik
  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  Sofia Wallin
  • Expected duration: 1 hour
  • Minutes: 2020-10-14 - ONAP: Impact of the current ONAP release- and branching strategy on documentation
  • Slides: 
  • Recording: https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/download/attachments/40372472/Impact%20of%20the%20current%20ONAP%20release-%20and%20branching%20strategy%20on%20documentation-2020-10-14.mp4?api=v2

ONAP: ONAP installation in IPv4/IPv6 dual-stack network environment

  • Short Description:  Adapting ONAP installation to run on IPv4/Ipv6 dual stack networking environment, to prepare for 5G RAN integrations.
  • Detailed Description: In order to prepare ONAP to become a reference ORAN SMO, IPv6 support is needed on ONAP`s external interfaces. We address this challenge in ONAP Guilin/Honolulu.
    A short presentation on different options, recommendation on a option to pursue, summary of work done in Guilin, summary of work planned in Honolulu.
  • Topic Leader(s):Damian Nowak
  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): Ben Cheung
  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Damian Nowak
  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions): Damian Nowak
  • Expected duration:30 mins
  • Minutes: Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts
  • Slides: Topic Leader should attach slides here at the conclusion of their presentation, or prior to, if available.
  • Recording: https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/download/attachments/40372472/ONAP%20vF2F%20Honolulu%20-%20ONAP%20Guilin%20Dualstack%20720p%20subtitles.m4v?api=v2

OPNFV/CNTT Topics

Please include "OPNFV" or "CNTT" in your Topic Proposal Title to help with Table of Contents filtering


CNTT Edge Work stream Working Session

CNTT - Reference Model next release and beyond

  • Short Description:  In this session we want to present topics that have been identified as gaps or items requiring further attention in the next CNTT release(s). The goal is to trigger the community discussion on these (and perhaps other proposed topics) and invite to participate and contribute.

  • Detailed Description

    1. Current state of RM Baraque release and GSMA release

2. Gaps and next RM focus areas

3. Accelerators

4. Evolution towards multi/hybrid cloud model (including Edge)

5. Networking / programmability

  • Topic Leader(s): Walter Kozlowski Pankaj Goyal Tomas Fredberg Petar Torre

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. name1, name2

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Walter Kozlowski

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.

  • Expected duration: 90 minutes

  • Minutes: Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts
  • Slides: CNTT RM Elbrus and beyond.pptx
  • Recording: If a topic is recorded it should be linked here at the conclusion of the event.


CNTT - Telemetry/Observability architecture - a path to full automation 

  • Short Description:  In this session we will present an architecture for the Telemetry/Observability of VNFs and Cloud Infrastructure (NFVI) to achieve full automation leading to zero touch operation

  • Detailed Description: As a part of the full automation solution at Deutsche Telekom, we have identified the need for a generic architecture for telemetry and monitoring of the VNFs and Cloud Infrastructure (NFVI) in a generic way. Currently VNFs and VNFIs use difference ways to expose the monitoring data. This is an hindrance to achieve zero touch operations. In this session, we will describe an architecture that presents a generic solution for monitoring the telemetry data of the VNFs and NFVIs in a vendor neutral fashion. 

  • Topic Leader(s): Sukhdev Kapur (Juniper) Zlatko Dukic (DT)

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. name1, name2

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Walter Kozlowski

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.

  • Expected duration: 1 hour

  • Minutes: Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts
  • Slides: Topic Leader should attach slides here at the conclusion of their presentation, or prior to, if available.
  • Recording: If a topic is recorded it should be linked here at the conclusion of the event.


OPNFV / CNTT - OVP 2020.r1 Documentation Review

  • Short Description: As the OVP 2020.r1 release is being finalized, this working sessions will provide an opportunity to review and provide comments on the program documentation for this release, including the user's guide and release notes.

  • Detailed Description:  This will be a working session on the review of the OVP 2020.r1 badge documentation for the VNF and NFVI badges.  Documentation describes the program requirements, where / how to perform the testing, referencing the applicable testing projects from our ONAP, OPNFV, and CNTT communities.  

  • Topic Leader(s):  Lincoln LavoieYan Yang

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. TBD

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): TBD

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  TBD

  • Expected duration: 1 hour

  • Minutes: Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts
  • Slides: Topic Leader should attach slides here at the conclusion of their presentation, or prior to, if available.
  • Recording: If a topic is recorded it should be linked here at the conclusion of the event.


CNTT / OPNFV - Meld Planning Session

  • Short Description: Meld Planning Session covering Organization, Technical and Marketing Efforts to support Meld

  • Detailed Description:  CNTT and OPNFV are really two sides of the same coin, so with the support of the LFN Board, the CNTT/OPNFV Meld work has started and is targeted for completion in January 2021,    Both groups need each other's expertise and resource to succeed with goals very much in alignment.  During this session we will continue the planning work to bring the two groups together and meld them into a new and more powerful whole.  Ultimately, we are looking for the same thing, a way to bring a standard understanding and capability across the Telecom Industry of the infrastructures that are needed to support our future.  This is one of a set of Meld Workshops as we work on the organizational transformation needed to create a new and better entity that will engage in the work that both the soon to be former CNTT and OPNFV groups did.  

    The three sub teams are as follows:

    • Organization/Governance
    • Technical/Debt/TSC
    • Marketing
  • Topic Leader(s):  Scot Steele Beth Cohen

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. TBD

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Beth Cohen

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  TBD

  • Expected duration: 2 hours

  • Minutes: Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts
  • Slides: Meld Review VTC 10-13-2020.pptx
  • Recording: If a topic is recorded it should be linked here at the conclusion of the event.

CNTT - Kubernetes in Telecommunications Survey Results

  • Short Description: Survey results presentation covering adoption and challenges of Kubernetes in telcos. 

  • Detailed Description:  CNTT recently launched a Kubernetes based workstream. A survey of the community was conducted to understand Kubernetes adoption in telecommunications companies including actual and planned adoption of Kubernetes based platforms for different use cases and deployment models.

  • Topic Leader(s):  Bill Mulligan

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): TBD

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): TBD

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  TBD

  • Expected duration: 1 hour (LIKELY TO BE A POPULAR TOPIC - maximize availability for OPNFV/CNTT/ONAP - consider plenary Jim Baker)

  • Minutes: Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts
  • Slides: Kubernetes Survey
  • Recording: If a topic is recorded it should be linked here at the conclusion of the event.

CNTT/OPNFV - RI2 Kuberef Updates 

  • Short Description:  Current RI2 Kuberef status, gaps, planning ahead

  • Detailed Description OPNFV Kuberef project aims to develop & deliver reference implementation according to CNTT RA-2 in community labs and serves as a reference platform for CNF vendors to develop and test against. This session will focus on the current state of the project, and review and plan the next steps forward. 

  • Topic Leader(s): Rihab Banday

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): Georg Kunz

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): TBD

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  TBD

  • Expected duration: 30 mins

  • Minutes: Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts
  • Slides: RI2_Kuberef_Updates_Oct2020.pptx
  • Recording: If a topic is recorded it should be linked here at the conclusion of the event.

CNTT/TBC - Gathering and Validating CNF Requirements to Drive RA2 Specification

  • Short Description:  Discussion about how we capture and validate functional CNF requirements, to then group them to allow a more flexible and extensible RA2 specification and set of RC2 test cases.

  • Detailed Description Today, we have two profiles to which an RA2 specification must apply.  There are far more than two different sets of properties that cover all network functions.  For example, low-latency or not (may drive RTOS); high data throughput (may drive SR-IOV/NUMA); ability to work with NAT'd networks or not (may drive certain CNI choices, or even identification of gaps).  Therefore we would like to drive the collection and validation of CNF requirements, to drive the definition of these common groups, which can then be utilised in the RA2 spec and also to allow more targeted test case selection by labels/tags in RC2.  i.e. an operator is deploying RAN and so only selects the tags relevant to that.  Or an operator is deploying CCS on a hyperscaler provider and so only selects the tags relevant to that. This session will look to introduce the concept, and start to identify CNF requirements and agree on how this work can continue at pace.

  • Topic Leader(s): Tom KivlinTaylor Carpenter

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): Gergely Csatari

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): TBD

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  TBD

  • Expected duration: 90-120 mins

  • Minutes: https://etherpad.opnfv.org/p/Gathering_and_Validating_CNF_Requirements
  • Slides: vF2F October - CNTT CNF Requirements.pptx
  • Recording: GMT20201015-142219_October-Vi_1920x1080.mp4

CNTT - Opening discussion on CNTT/OPNFV - ODIM Collaboration around Hardware Infrastructure Management

  • Short Description:  In this session we want to present the current status of the Hardware Infrastructure Management within the CNTT/OPFNV specifications and implementations, the current status of ODIM (Open Distributed Infrastructure Management) project in LFN.  The goal is to identify opportunities for collaboration and trigger the discussion in the community on the next steps.

  • Detailed Description: TBA

  • Topic Leader(s): Bob Monkman Walter Kozlowski Martin Halstead(ODIM) Tomas Fredberg Alex Vul (ODIM)

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. name1, name2

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Bob Monkman

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.

  • Expected duration: 1 hour

  • Minutes: Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts
  • Slides: CNTT ODIM collaboration.pptx
  • Recording: If a topic is recorded it should be linked here at the conclusion of the event.

CNTT/OPNFV - Orange CNTT RC1 Field Trial

OPNFV - Closed Loop Automation WG - Kubernetes based Closed Loops

  • Short Description: Kubernetes provides Custom Resource Definitions (CRDs) which help modularize and customize resource management. Leveraging CRDs, telemetry aware scheduler & horizontal pod auto-scaler components, closed loop automation can now be easily implemented for variety of use cases. Two such use cases are presented with demos - platform power based scheduling & scaling and workload resiliency based on health metrics. 

  • Detailed Description

  • Topic Leader(s): sunku ranganath  , Killian Muldoon

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. name1, name2

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): sunku ranganath

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.

  • Expected duration: 30 mins

  • Minutes: Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts
  • Slides: Topic Leader should attach slides here at the conclusion of their presentation, or prior to, if available.
  • Recording: If a topic is recorded it should be linked here at the conclusion of the event.

OPNFV/CNTT - Implement CollectD for Airship

  • Short Description:  Implement CollectD for Airship/OPNFV to Support Assurance Requirements

  • Detailed Description: OPNFV Barometer project is capable of supporting CNTT Assurance Requirements.  However, Barometer depends on CollectD, which is currently not supported by Airship.  The effort to implement CollectD for Airship would need to be done upstream in OpenStack.  Apparently, some work was done on this in the last year, or so, but was abandoned due to the lack of a use case.  We believe that the Assurance Requirements provide a compelling use case.  The purpose of this discussion will be to discuss the Assurance Requirements and how they can be addressed by Barometer, and to come up with a plan for implementing CollectD in Airship.

  • Topic Leader(s): David McBrideAl MortonJames GuEmma Foley

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. name1, name2

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): name1

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  David McBride

  • Expected duration: 1 hour

  • Minutes: Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts
  • Slides: Topic Leader should attach slides here at the conclusion of their presentation, or prior to, if available.
  • Recording: If a topic is recorded it should be linked here at the conclusion of the event.

OPNFV/CNTT - HA requirements and testing approaches

  • Short Description:  Discussions of current CNTT Release 1 HA requirements are approach to testing

  • Detailed Description: As part of the requirements for the next release, the approach to HA requirements and testing needs to be determined, https://wiki.opnfv.org/display/SWREL/Jerma+Requirements+Working+Group+Assessment (req.inf.ntw.07).  In the past, the testing approach within the yardstick project checked the recovery of OpenStack services / components.  Another approach could be from the system level, check for resiliency from component or system failrues (i.e. loss of a network switch, and network link, drive, or a complete node.).  The OPNFV TSC discussed addition this session as a proposed discussion slot to the event on 9/29/2020.

  • Topic Leader(s): Georg Kunz Mark Beierl

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. name1, name2

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): name1

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  TBD

  • Expected duration: 1 hour

  • Minutes: Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts
  • Slides: Topic Leader should attach slides here at the conclusion of their presentation, or prior to, if available.
  • Recording: If a topic is recorded it should be linked here at the conclusion of the event.

OpenDaylight Topics

Please include "ODL" in your Topic Proposal Title to help with Table of Contents filtering

ODL-Micro Updates and Deep Dive

  • Short Description:  Deep Dive on the ODL Micro updates on dev/test done in Aluminium and discussion on priorities for Silicon

  • Detailed Description: Discussion on ODL Micro changes done in Aluminium, backlog items, immediate set of priorities, call for developer participation

  • Topic Leader(s):  Tejas Nevrekar VenkataSatya Jonnadula

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. Venkatrangan

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Venkatrangan

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.

  • Expected duration: 30 mins

  • Minutes: https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/x/GxFoAg
  • Slides: Topic Leader should attach slides here at the conclusion of their presentation, or prior to, if available.
  • Recording: ODL-Micro Updates and Deep Dive.mp4

ODL - Kernel Projects' Aluminium post-mortem and Silicon lookahead

  • Short Description:  We will take a look at how Aluminium executed and what is in store for Silicon

  • Detailed Description: Aluminium's actual deliverables were dominated by new features and improvements made at the core platform level. We will review the changes and examine their interplay with plugin/application projects, what went wrong, what went right and how we can improve in the future. Since we have the MRI deadline looming, we will also take a look at what the focus is there.

  • Topic Leader(s):  Robert Varga

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer.

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): 

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.

  • Expected duration: 60 mins

  • Minutes: https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/x/FRFoAg
  • Slides: 2020_lfn_vte_kernel_al_si.pdf
  • Recording: ODL Kernel Projects' Aluminium post-mortem and Silicon lookahead.mp4

ODL - Platform projects' and Simultaneous Release mechanics

  • Short Description:  Most of the kernel projects are Release Integrated, with more coming to that side of the house. We will discuss how this impacts autorelease and Simultaneous Release mechanics.

  • Detailed Description: Our MRI:MSI split is currently 5:12 and is likely to become 7:10, with some use cases being delivered solely by MRI projects. This opens up new possibilities for how we do integration and deliver features to our users. We will do some analysis of where we can go, seek some input on interest and generally discuss what we want to do.

  • Topic Leader(s):  Robert Varga

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer.

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): 

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.

  • Expected duration: 60 mins

  • Minutes: https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/x/FxFoAg
  • Slides: 2020_lfn_vte_simrel.pdf
  • Recording: ODL Platform projects' and Simultaneous Release mechanics.mp4

ODL - Deployment scenarios and Use cases BoF

  • Short Description:  Open session for discussion of use cases and deployment scenarios.

  • Detailed Description: Our deployment scenario assumptions have not been properly visited for some time. The same is true for use cases. This session will provide the floor for discussions around both. Active committers, contributors as well as stakeholders are welcome to join in.

  • Topic Leader(s):  Robert Varga

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer.

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): 

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.

  • Expected duration: 60 mins

  • Minutes: https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/x/GRFoAg
  • Slides: 2020_lfn_vte_usecase.pdf
  • Recording: ODL Deployment scenarios and Use cases BoF.mp4

Tungsten Fabric Topics

Please include "TF" in your Topic Proposal Title to help with Table of Contents filtering

Transparency of TF Community

  • Short Description:  As there are a lot of current activities in regard to project definition, modules identification, release process, and documentation we would like to share information about that.

  • Detailed Description: We want to share information about TF structure, modules of TF product and agreed projects, their Project Tech Leads, also about current work on defining the release process, cleaning documentation, and finally about how easy to become a member and contributor to the Tungsten Fabric Community.

  • Topic Leader(s): Marek ChwalSzymon Golebiewski

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. name1, name2

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Casey Cain

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  Casey Cain

  • Expected duration: 30 mins

  • Minutes: https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/x/DRFoAg
  • Slides: Topic Leader should attach slides here at the conclusion of their presentation, or prior to, if available.
  • Recording: Transparency of TF Community.mp4

Unified Life Cycle Management using TF Operator - integration with Airship

  • Short Description:  Tungsten Fabric Unified Life Cycle Management using TF Operator for Kubernetes based deployments

  • Detailed Description: Presentation and Discussion on cartering to Tungsten Fabric kubernetes based deployment Life Cycle Management requirements under unified tf-operator. Also bring reference implementation of on-boarding TF Operator based deployment on Airship.

  • Topic Leader(s): Prabhjot Singh Sethi

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. name1, name2

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): name1

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.

  • Expected duration: 30 mins

  • Minutes: https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/x/CxFoAg
  • Slides: unified lcm using tf operator
  • Recording: Unified Life Cycle Management using TF Operator.mp4

TF vRouter - New debug and troubleshooting tools

  • Short Description:  Tungsten Fabric vRouter new debug and troubleshooting tools

  • Detailed Description: We present the new debug and troubleshooting tools we have added for debugging dataplane issues in the August 2020 release

  • Topic Leader(s): Kiran KN

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. name1, name2

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): name1

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.

  • Expected duration: 15 mins

  • Minutes: https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/x/ERFoAg
  • Slides: here
  • Recording: TF vRouter - New debug and troubleshooting tools.mp4

TF Feature Development Roadmap

  • Short Description:  A discussion around the major areas of focus in feature development for 2H-2020 and 1H-2021

  • Detailed Description: The team will provide an overview of the feature development roadmap, covering major areas of innovation planned for the next 12 months.

  • Topic Leader(s): Nick Davey 

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): Adam Grochowski

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Casey Cain

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  Casey Cain

  • Expected duration: 30 mins

  • Minutes: https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/x/DxFoAg
  • Slides: Topic Leader should attach slides here at the conclusion of their presentation, or prior to, if available.
  • Recording: TF Feature Development Roadmap.mp4


TF Cloud Native Discussion

  • Short Description:  Cloud native charter for TF.

  • Detailed Description: In this session, we will discuss cloud native initiatives in Tungsten Fabric Community.

  • Topic Leader(s): Prasad Miriyala Sukhdev Kapur

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. name1, name2

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Casey Cain

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  Casey Cain

  • Expected duration: 45 mins

  • Minutes: https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/x/ExFoAg
  • Slides: Topic Leader should attach slides here at the conclusion of their presentation, or prior to, if available.
  • Recording: TF Cloud Native Discussion.mp4


XGVela Topics

Please include "XGVela" in your Topic Proposal Title to help with Table of Contents filtering

XGVela project update & discussion

  • Short Description:  Discuss about a new project named XGVela, which is a cloud native platform for telco operators, and a common Telco-PaaS for cloud-native network elements.

  • Detailed Description:  Many vendors and telco operators are moving towards cloud native network after the popularization of NFV. However, current situation of cloud native evolution in telecommunication industry is slow and non-standard. In this session, we would introduce and discuss about XGVela, which is a cloud native PaaS platform for telco operators. Some thoughts on the structure, basic functions of this platform, and status update.. Suggestions and ideas from operators and vendors are appreciated.

  • Topic Leader(s): Qihui Zhao Seshu Kumar M@Azhar Sayeed @Sandeep Karkala

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. name1, name2

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): name1

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.

  • Expected duration: 30 min

  • Minutes
  • Slides
  • Recording

XGVela TM Forum APIs

  • Short Description:  Introduction about TM Forum APIs and relationship with PaaS which XGVela is going to define.

  • Detailed Description: The Telco PaaS shall enable "well managed" network functions. Configuration, topology, alarms and performance metrics are made available using TM Forum Open APIs.

  • Topic Leader(s): Vance Shipley

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. name1, name2

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): name1

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.

  • Expected duration: 30min

  • Minutes
  • Slides: xgvela-tm-forum-apis.pptx
  • Recording

XGVela – MTCIL Demo

  • Short Description:  An introduction and demo about Mavenir Telco Cloud Integration Layer (MTCIL). 

  • Detailed Description

  • Topic Leader(s): @Sandeep Karkala

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. name1, name2

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): name1

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.

  • Expected duration: 60min

  • Minutes
  • Slides
  • Recording

XGVela – PaaS introduction & how to create telco paas based on OpenShift

  • Short Description:  An introduction about PaaS and Openshift, which is a good implementation of PaaS and frame that XGVela could use.

  • Detailed Description:  TBD

  • Topic Leader(s): @Azhar Sayeed

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. name1, name2

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): name1

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.

  • Expected duration: 30min

  • Minutes
  • Slides: Topic Leader should attach slides here at the conclusion of their presentation, or prior to, if available.
  • Recording

XGVela – Realizing Telco PaaS with Akraino/ICN Blueprint

  • Short Description:  Introduction to Akraino/ICN BP, its features and how these can be used to realize Telco PaaS

  • Detailed Description:  Akraino/ICN BP brings Edge platform,  Multi Cluster Orchestrator.  ICN Edge Platform is enhanced with additional K8s extensions to make it suitable for deploying various types of CNFs (Management, Control and Data plane) along with normal containerized applications.  These new features coupled with Multi-Cluster orchestration provides a good base line for Telco Edges.  We will describe those features - Acceleration exposure features,  Performance determinism features, Service function chaining feature,  Provider network support;  Platform telemetry collection & distribution features and many more..

  • Topic Leader(s): Srinivasa Addepalli @Kural

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. name1, name2

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): name1

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.

  • Expected duration: 30min

  • Minutes
  • Slides: Akraino ICN for XGVela.pdf
  • Recording


  • No labels

1 Comment

  1. To program committee,

    If it is possible, we would like to present following:


    XGVela – Realizing Telco PaaS with Akraino/ICN Blueprint

    • Short Description:  Introduction to Akraino/ICN BP, its features and how these can be used to realize Telco PaaS

    • Detailed Description:  Akraino/ICN BP brings Edge platform,  Multi Cluster Orchestrator.  ICN Edge Platform is enhanced with additional K8s extensions to make it suitable for deploying various types of CNFs (Management, Control and Data plane) along with normal containerized applications.  These new features coupled with Multi-Cluster orchestration provides a good base line for Telco Edges.  We will describe those features - Acceleration exposure features,  Performance determinism features, Service function chaining feature,  Provider network support;  Platform telemetry collection & distribution features and many more..

    • Topic Leader(s): Srinivasa Addepalli @Kural

    • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. name1, name2

    • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): name1

    • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.

    • Expected duration: 30min

    • Minutes: Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts
    • Slides: Topic Leader should attach slides here at the conclusion of their presentation, or prior to, if available.
    • Recording: If a topic is recorded it should be linked here at the conclusion of the event.