Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Community submitted tips for advertising, planning, and managing your topics may be found here

Template titles should be "Heading 3" and bullets should be formatted with "paragraph" to ensure proper filtering and tracking.

Template for topic proposals

  • Short Description: <one line description of topic - include community name>

  • Detailed Description: Detailed description of topic

  • Topic Leader(s):  <Name1>, <Name2>

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. name1, name2

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): name1

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.

  • Expected duration: <most expected to be 30min or 60min, anything over 60 min will be an exception and need approval of the committee>

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts  ** Create a minutes page HERE. A one click button for creating minutes has been provided.

Cross-Community / General Topics

Please include "Plenary" in your Topic Proposal Title to help with Table of Contents filtering

Plenary Welcome and Opening Comments

Plenary Dynamic License Scanning

  • Short Description: Dynamic License scanning for docker artifacts – Does this belong here or under ONAP

  • Detailed Description: Static scanning is regularly performed on LFN repositories. Unfortunately they only detect potential explicit issues. Most of the projects include their code within a broader context which includes lots of possible dependencies. Hosting and redistributing docker containers have consequences in legal issues. We must have a better control of what we are distributing. Dynamic scanning is then needed. Some tools are available and a feedback shall be given as soon as possible as close as possible in the  build chain. Alexander Mazuruk worked on a PoC in ONAP invoving tern+dockviz, the goal would be to include such verification on any docker build jobs

  • Topic Leader(s):  Alexander Mazuruk , Morgan Richomme

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. name1, name2

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): name1

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.

  • Expected duration: <most expected to be 30min or 60min, anything over 60 min will be an exception and need approval of the committee>

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts  ** Create a minutes page HERE. A one click button for creating minutes has been provided.

Plenary: EUAG newly updates- Voices from the cross-community end users 

  • Short Description: EUAG working updates, what CSPs concerns this year and what we've achieved, including AI/ML, CSPs requirements priorities, automated testing white paper, etc. We will have three sub-topics in this session.

  • Detailed Description: It is about CSPs concerns this year and what we've achieved, including AI/ML, CSPs requirements priorities, automated testing white paper, etc. We will have three sub-topics in this session:  EUAG Networking AI/ML Survey and Next Steps, EUAG Input from LFN Projects to set Priorities, EUAG Networking AI/ML Testing Requirements, NFV testing white paper, Anuket verification program vs. LFN level branding (nee: OVP)

  • Topic Leader(s):  Beth Cohen ,@Lingli Deng,  Lei HuangSaad Ullah Sheikh Jim Baker

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. name1, name2

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Lei Huang

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.

  • Expected duration: 150min

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): 2021-02-01- EUAG newly updates- Voices from the cross-community end users

Sub- session : Plenary EUAG Networking AI/ML  Survey Results and Next Steps

  • Short Description: EUAG working session on AI/ML for Intelligent Networking

  • Detailed Description: Intelligent Networking is becoming of increased interest by the Telecom industry.  In this session we will review the results from our recent survey on the topic and work on the topics that will be included in the Whitepaper that the EUAG is working on.  If you are interested in defining the direction of this emerging technology, this is the place to be.  TM Forum is working on this.  Massimo Banziwill contribute information on their activities.  

  • Topic Leader(s):  Beth Cohen ,@Lingli Deng,  Lei HuangSaad Ullah Sheikh 

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. name1, name2

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Beth Cohen

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.

  • Expected duration: 30min

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): 2021-02-01- EUAG newly updates- Voices from the cross-community end users

Sub- session : Plenary EUAG Networking AI/ML Testing Requirements

  • Short Description: Testing and certification requirements derived from EUAG Intelligent Network and AI Survey

  • Detailed Description: This session will analysis and explore the testing and certification requirements from EUAG Intelligent Network and AI Survey, and have an initial discussion within CVC/OVP,  such as  how to support the development of OVP badges for intelligent networking,  how to drive the work , the concrete plan, etc.

  • Topic Leader(s):  Yan Yang Lincoln Lavoie

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. name1, name2

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): <name1>

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.

  • Expected duration: 30min

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): 2021-02-01- EUAG newly updates- Voices from the cross-community end users

Sub-session: NFV automation and testing whitepaper- from CSPs perspective

  • Short Description: EUAG working session to introduce the testing white paper we've achieved this year.

  • Detailed Description: Introduce CSPs concern in automated testing field, including the challenges and difficulties they've encountered in realizing test automation, their requirements, testing automation method evalution model, and attempts in this process. At the same time, the white paper will give CSPs recommendations and views on test automation.

  • Topic Leader(s):   Lei Huang,Saad Ullah Sheikh 

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. name1, name2

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Lei Huang

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.

  • Expected duration: 30min

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): 2021-02-01- EUAG newly updates- Voices from the cross-community end users

Plenary: Creating Trust within Operating Communities

  • Short Description: Creating Trust within Operating Communities
  • Detailed Description: This session will discuss the how to create and maintain trusting relationships in LFN communities. Topics will include the importance of trust, and techniques to improve communications in support of trusting relationships.

  • Topic Leader(s):  Scot Steele

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): N/A

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Scot Steele

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.

  • Expected duration:  60 min

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): N/A

Plenary Daily Summaries (every day)

  • Short Description: Daily summary updates from all tracks

  • Detailed Description: Daily summary updates from all tracks

  • Topic Leader(s):  Heather Kirksey and community leaders

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. name1, name2

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): name1

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.

  • Expected duration: 30 mins

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts  ** Create a minutes page HERE. A one click button for creating minutes has been provided.


Plenary: XGVela Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

  • Short Description: XGVela team will make clarifications about questions frequently asked by the community.
  • Detailed Description: As a new open source project which implements telco cloud native PaaS, XGVela has collected a lot of valuable questions asked by the community. In this session, the XGVela team will give answers to those questions to provide a clear view of this project. Questions will cover: will the project scope cover CNCF on General PaaS? Is there any overlap with ONAP? What PaaS functionalities do you have? What is the status of the seed code? How to join this community? What is the governance structure of this community?......Please join us to solve your confusion.

  • Topic Leader(s):  Qihui Zhao Seshu Kumar M @Azhar Sayeed @Sandeep Karkala

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): N/A

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Qihui Zhao

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.

  • Expected duration:  30 min

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): Plenary: XGVela Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

Plenary documentation unconference / open discussion

  • Short Description: open talk on possible synergies between projects documentation maintenance

  • Detailed Description: following, ONAP documentation starter kit and ODL Opendaylight documentation talk, we propose this unconference to discuss what are possible synergy among LFN projects to share best practices and painpoints, ease documentation maintenance and migrations from wiki.

  • Topic Leader(s): Eric Debeau Guillaume Lambert

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): Andreas Geissler Sofia Wallin

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Guillaume Lambert

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions): Guillaume Lambert

  • Expected duration: 30 min

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): 2021-02-01 - Plenary: Documentation unconference/open discussion

ONAP Topics

Please include "ONAP" in your Topic Proposal Title to help with Table of Contents filtering

ONAP OOM and Gating what's have been done in Guilin & priorities for Honolulu

ONAP Integration lessons learned from Guilin & priorities for Honolulu

  • Short Description: Discussion with the ONAP Integration team

  • Detailed Description: Lessons learned from Guilin, main activites planned for Honolulu

  • Topic Leader(s): Morgan Richomme

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): an Integration contributor

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): an Integration contributor

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.

  • Expected duration: <most expected to be 30min or 60min, anything over 60 min will be an exception and need approval of the committee>

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): 2021-02-02 - ONAP: Integration lessons learned from Guilin & priorities for Honolulu

ONAP stability/resiliency/stress tests: what are we talking about?

  • Short Description: Discussion with the ONAP Integration team

  • Detailed Description: History of the stability tests done since Amsterdam. What kind of KPIs , what figures to measure ONAP solution stability?

  • Topic Leader(s): Morgan Richomme 

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): an Integration contributor

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): an Integration contributor

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.

  • Expected duration: <most expected to be 30min or 60min, anything over 60 min will be an exception and need approval of the committee>

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): 2021-02-02 - ONAP: stability/resiliency/stress tests: what are we talking about?

ONAP TSC 2.0 Evolution  - SESSION POSTPONED -

  • Short Description: Mandatory discussion for ONAP TSC members on changes to the ONAP Technical Community Document

  • Detailed Description: When ONAP was founded in the spring of 2017 the TSC was comprised exclusively of appointed members as per the original Project Charter.  In mid 2018 the ONAP TSC transitioned to a hybrid model that accommodates both appointment (for a select set of named companies) and community based election. This discussion will be focused on the changes necessary to transition the ONAP TSC to a full meritocracy.

  • Topic Leader(s):  Kenny PaulCatherine Lefevre

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): Kenny PaulDavid McBride

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): same

  • Expected duration: 6o minutes

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): 2021-02-02 - ONAP: TSC 2.0 Evolution

ONAP Policy Demos of Guilin

  • Short Description: Demonstration of ONAP Policy Framework Guilin features.

  • Detailed Description: Demos for the ONAP community to become more familiar with ONAP Policy Framework

    • CLAMP on-going strategy
    • APEX-PDP running in stand-alone mode
    • XACML-PDP application creation demo
  • Topic Leader(s): Jim Hahn Gervais-Martial Ngueko Ajith Sreekumar Pamela Dragosh

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): a Policy contributor

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): a Policy contributor

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  Jim Hahn

  • Expected duration: 60 minutes

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): 2021-02-04 - ONAP: Policy Framework

ONAP Portal Demos of Guilin

  • Short Description: Demonstration of ONAP Portal and Portal SDK Framework features.

  • Detailed Description: Demos for the ONAP community to become more familiar with ONAP Portal Framework

  • Topic Leader(s): Sunder Tattavarada , Sandeep Shah, Muni Mohan Kunchi, Sudarshan Kumar

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): a Portal contributor

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): a Portal contributor

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  Sandeep Shah

  • Expected duration: 60 minutes

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts  ** Create a minutes page HERE. A one click button for creating minutes has been provided.

ONAP VID Demos

  • Short Description: Demonstration of ONAP VID (Virtual Infrastructure Deployment) features.

  • Detailed Description: Demos for the ONAP community to become more familiar with VID - Virtual Infrastructure Deployment. VID provides a user-friendly UX to allow the user to choose from a multitude of options around models (that serve as blueprints for orchestration recipe) allowing for overriding controlled attributes that define how the orchestration must be performed. VID works closely with SDC and SO to bring this flexible and configurable user experience. We will demonstrate the current features of VID and will open up the discussion for an interest from the user community on we else can be developed in VID.

  • Topic Leader(s): Ikram Ikramullah

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): a VID contributor

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): a VID contributor

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  Ikram Ikramullah

  • Expected duration: 60 minutes

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts  ** Create a minutes page HERE. A one click button for creating minutes has been provided.

ONAP Support for Vertical Industry - 2021 Planning

  • Short Description: Discussion about how onap support for vertical industry. 

  • Detailed DescriptionVertical Industry is one of the greatest potential 5G markets. Unlike traditional 2C scenarios, where the consumers of OSS are CSP internal operation staff or BSS system, in 5G area operators need to provide O&M capabilities for potentially multiple vertical industries consumers. This requirement propose to help operators to manage multiple vertical industry networks using ONAP. In R8, it will contain the following scenarios: a) One centralized operator ONAP only manages multiple vertical industry networks established by operators, and b) One centralized operator ONAP manages both vertical industry networks and traditional mobile networks (e.g. slicing).

  • Topic Leader(s): Cheng Huang yaoguang wang

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): a R8 PoC contributor

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): a R8 PoC contributor

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  Cheng Huang

  • Expected duration: 20 minutes

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts  ** Create a minutes page HERE. A one click button for creating minutes has been provided.

ONAP / 3GPP Harmonization ves-openapi-manager & SDC distribution monitoring enhancements

  • Short Description: A presentation of ONAP DCAE and ONAP SDC enhancements to support 3GPP Harmonization stream

  • Detailed Description: The presentation will focus on planned development in ONAP Honolulu (potentially Istanbul) related to 3GPP-defined xNF event collection. Enhancements targeted to include the 3GPP openAPI descriptions in ONAP run-time environment. Additionally, the ONAP SDC project enhancements targeted to improve generic Service Model Distribution capabilities, esp. visibility of target ONAP component messaging towards the SDC in Service Model Distribution use-cases.

  • Topic Leader(s):  Damian Nowak Michal Banka, Christophe Closset ?

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): Damian Nowak Benjamin Cheung

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Damian Nowak Michal Banka

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  Damian Nowak Benjamin Cheung

  • Expected duration: 30 minutes

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): 202101Fb03ONAPORANHarmonizationStndDefVES.mp4

ONAP Honolulu Release requirements

  • Short Description: A short overview of Honolulu release requirements

  • Detailed Description: We are proceeding with Honolulu release. The purpose of this session is to provide an overview on what are Honolulu Release requirements

  • Topic Leader(s): Alla Goldner

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): Alla Goldner

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): TBD

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  Alla Goldner Benjamin Cheung

  • Expected duration: 60 minutes

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): 202102Fb01ONAPvDDFRequirementsSubComm-zoom_1.mp4

ONAP DOC: Achievements 2020 & Outlook 2021

ONAP CPS MVP for Honolulu

  • Short Description: A presentation of ONAP CPS for Honolulu covering E2E Network Slicing needs

  • Detailed Description: The presentation will focus on the components and interfaces that will be implemented in the Honolulu release. The functionality will be driven by the E2E Network Slicing use case, with stretch ambitions to support the SON use case.

  • Topic Leader(s):  Tony Finnerty Toine Siebelink

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): Tony Finnerty Toine Siebelink

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Tony Finnerty Toine Siebelink

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):   Toine Siebelink

  • Expected duration: 20 minutes

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): 2021-02-04 - ONAP: ONAP CPS MVP for Honolulu

ONAP for PNFs management

  • Short Description: Demo of PNF reconfiguration with ONAP on upgrade operation example

  • Detailed Description:  The presentation will focus on “PNF reconfiguration with ONAP” demo, where the solution for operational problem - upgrade of core network router (PNF) is presented. Once the PNF service is created in ONAP, the CDS can be used to perform configuration operation like upgrade. This process is implemented using Ansible and AWX. Python scripts with onapsdk library (ver. 7.3+) are used to execute all operations, from onboarding PNF to execute CDS workflow.

  • Topic Leader(s):  Michal Grzesik Lukasz Rajewski

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): Lukasz Rajewski

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Lukasz Rajewski

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  Michal Grzesik

  • Expected duration: 45 minutes

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): 2021-02-03 - ONAP: PNF Management

ONAP ETSI NFV joint container data model workshop and latest modeling subcommittee process update

  • Short Description: ONAP ETSI NFV joint workshop on container

  • Detailed Description:  Both ONAP and ETSI NFV Sol001 are working on container data model, the purpose is to align 2 work on the same spec. and New Train process impacts on modeling and use cases.

    • agenda 
      • subcommittee process update 10mins
      • ONAP container model (Fernando Oliveira Byung-Woo Jun 20mins
        • This presentation will focus on incorporating the ETSI v3.3.1 VNF information and data models with containerized VNF enhancements from ETSI IFA011 v4.1.1 into ONAP.
      • ETSI NFV report on progress (Thinh Nguyenphu)  10mins 
      • Comments discussion on ONAP container model (all)  20mins
  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): Andy Mayer

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Andy Mayer Hui Deng

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  Andy Mayer

  • Expected duration:  60 mins

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): 2021-02-04 - ONAP: ONAP ETSI NFV joint container data model workshop and latest modeling subcommittee process update

ONAP ETSI-Alignment NS, VNF/CNF Orchestration Architecture for Honolulu+

  • Short Description: ONAP ETSI-Alignment NS, VNF/CNF Orchestration Architecture for Honolulu+

  • Detailed Description:  The presentation will focus on the ONAP ETSI-Aligned NS, VNF/CNF Package Management and Orchestration by leveraging ETSI SOL004, SOL007, SOL001, SOL005 and SOL003 standards, for Honolulu+

  • Topic Leader(s):  Byung-Woo Jun Fernando Oliveira  Seshu Kumar M

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): Byung-Woo Jun

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Byung-Woo Jun

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions): Byung-Woo Jun

  • Expected duration: 30 minutes

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts  ** Create a minutes page HERE. A one click button for creating minutes has been provided.

ONAP 5G Slicing using ONAP Service(s) and ETSI Network Service(s)

  • Short Description: How ONAP Services and ETSI Network Services can be used to describe 3GPP Network Slices and Network Slice Subnets

  • Detailed Description:  ONAP Service Descriptors map well to Network Slice Templates and Network Slice Subnet Templates.  ETSI Network Service Descriptors map well to Network Service Templates.  This presentation will discuss  a proposal for how to use these mechanisms to Design, Deploy, and LCM 3GPP Network Slices.

  • Topic Leader(s): Fernando Oliveira
  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): Fernando Oliveira

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Fernando Oliveira

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  Fernando Oliveira

  • Expected duration:  30 mins

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts  ** Create a minutes page HERE. A one click button for creating minutes has been provided.
  • Wiki page: https://wiki.onap.org/display/DW/ETSI+Network+Service+for+5G+Network+Slicing

ONAP Architecture Subcommittee Update for Honolulu-R8 and beyond

  • Short Description: ONAP Architecture Subcommittee update
  • Detailed Description: will update later
  • Topic Leader(s): Chaker Al-Hakim
  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items):
  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time):
  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions): Moderator
  • Expected duration: 30-3 min
  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts  ** Create a minutes page HERE. A one click button for creating minutes has been provided.

ONAP Policy JavaScript Testing Demo

  • Short Description: Demonstration of Jest, a JavaScript testing framework.

  • Detailed Description: Demos for the ONAP community to become more familiar with JavaScript testing using the Jest framework.

  • Topic Leader(s): Wayne Dunican

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): a Policy contributor

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): a Policy contributor

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  Jim Hahn

  • Expected duration: 20 minutes

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): 2021-02-03 - ONAP: Policy Javascript Testing Demo

ONAP Spock/Groovy Testing Framework

  • Short Description: A presentation of Spock/Groovy testing framework

  • Detailed Description: The presentation will show the many benefits of this Spock testing framework and how it can both complement and replace the traditional jUnit tests.

  • Topic Leader(s):  Toine Siebelink

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): Toine Siebelink

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Toine Siebelink

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):   Toine Siebelink

  • Expected duration: 20 minutes

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts  ** Create a minutes page HERE. A one click button for creating minutes has been provided.

ONAP Special Session - Development and Evolution of Intent-based Network in ONAP

  • Short Description: Development and Evolution of Intent-based Network in ONAP

  • Detailed DescriptionIntent-based Network is viewed as a promising technology to support the smart applications of next generation networks. In recent releases, several requirements have been proposed to develop IBN in ONAP. Therefore, we organize this special session to introduce and discuss the developments, applications and evolutions of IBN. 6 topics are provided:

  • Topic 1: Intent-driven 5G Slicing Applications in ONAP - Development and Evolution
  • Topic 1 Description: Intent-based Network is applied to support the smart applications of 5G Slicing. The progress of REQ-453 Smart Operator Intent Translation supporting R8 5G Slicing and the further evolution of Intent-driven 5G Slicing are introduced in this presentation.
  • Topic 1 PresentatorDong Wang, China Telecom
  • Topic 2: Intelligent Slicing  Requirements and Roadmap
  • Topic 2 Description: Intelligent slicing as part of E2E Network Slicing requirement was introduced in Guilin release and have realized first try in RAN domain. in this presentation, you will get the overall roadmap of the exploration in Intelligent slicing , what we have done in Guilin release and what else we would  try to involve in Honolulu and future releases.
  • Topic 2 PresentatorLIN MENG, CMCC Swaminathan Seetharaman, Wipro
  • Topic 3: Intent Framework and Intent Modeling
  • Topic 3 Description: Intent technology helps to implement and operate networks that can improve network availability and agility. It can be viewed as one of most promising solutions towards autonomous network. This topic will introduce a general-purpose intent framework, which may contain intent management, intent translation, intent decision and execution etc. In ONAP R8, the requirement will provide the internal reference architecture and interacting with other ONAP components, and also introduce intent modeling for specific use cases.
  • Topic 3 Presentatoryaoguang wang, Huawei
  • Topic 4: Intelligent management of use cases with ONAP
  • Topic 4 Description: Intelligent management of use cases with ONAP
  • Topic 4 PresentatorBenjamin Cheung, Nokia
  • Topic 5Standardization activities of Intent-Based Network
  • Topic 5 DescriptionThis presentation will briefly introduce the standardization activities of Intent-Based Network in different international SDOs such as ETSI, IETF, ITU-T and so on. It will provide a detail review on existing works and illustrate the basic idea of varies published or ongoing international standards in the recent years.
  • Topic 5 Presentator: Dr. Huan Deng, Standardization Expert, China Telecom
  • Topic 6: The Progress of IBN Academic Research
  • Topic 6 Description: This talk covers the topics on the new progress of IBN academic research, focusing on the architecture, key technologies, potential use cases, and a demo of IDN will be shown based on the hardware platform.
  • Topic 6 Presentator: Dr. Shi Yan, Assistant Professor, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications (BUPT)
  • Topic Leader(s):  Dong Wang LIN MENG

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): Ruiran Su, Gefan Zhou

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Ruiran Su

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  Ruiran Su

  • Expected duration: 120mins

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts  ** Create a minutes page HERE. A one click button for creating minutes has been provided.

ONAP Control Loop in TOSCA PoC

  • Short Description: Describe and show progress so far in defining, commissioning and initializing control loops using TOSCA

  • Detailed Description: The goal of the work is to extend and enhance the current ONAP Control Loop support to provide a complete open-source framework for Control Loops. This will enhance the current support to provide TOSCA based Control Loop definition and development, commissioning and run-time management. The participants that comprise a Control Loop and the metadata needed to link the participants together to create a Control Loop are specified in a standardized way using the OASIS TOSCA modelling language. The TOSCA description is then used to commission, instantiate, and manage the Control Loops in the run time system.

  • Topic Leader(s): Michela Bevilacqua Liam Fallon Pamela Dragosh

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): Liam Fallon

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Michela Bevilacqua

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  Michela Bevilacqua

  • Expected duration: 45 Minutes

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts  ** Create a minutes page HERE. A one click button for creating minutes has been provided.

ONAP TCC Generic Network Management Update

  • Short Description: Presentation of standardization related subjects relevant to ONAP

  • Detailed DescriptionPresentation of NGMN 5G E2E Architecture Framework (by NGMN); Summary of standards information at this event; List of “hot topics” in standards that are relevant to ONAP

  • Topic Leader(s):  Magnus Buhrgard 

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): Magnus Buhrgard

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Magnus Buhrgard

  • Expected duration: 30 minutes

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts  ** Create a minutes page HERE. A one click button for creating minutes has been provided.


ONAP And DevOps - integration with CI/CD pipelines

  • Short Descriptionmicroservice-based cloud native network functions bring new integration and verification opportunities and challenges which can be met by CI/CD pipelines – how does this impact the ONAP architecture?

  • Detailed Description: Detailed description of topic

  • Topic Leader(s):  Peter Woerndle , Roy Finlay, Fatih Degirmenci

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): Ciaran Johnston

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Ciaran Johnston

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  Ciaran Johnston

  • Expected duration: 30min

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): 2021-02-03 - ONAP: ONAP And DevOps - integration with CI/CD pipelines


ONAP And DevOps - abstraction of dynamically-evolving microservice-based networks

  • Short DescriptionThe evolution of network functions to cloud native, microservice based architectures requires a level of abstraction to simplify service management – here we discuss the problem space and propose some potential approaches to addressing it through a simplified “intent model”

  • Detailed Description: Detailed description of topic

  • Topic Leader(s):  Peter Woerndle , Kevin McDonnell, Jörg Niemöller, Roy Finlay

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): Ciaran Johnston

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Ciaran Johnston

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  Ciaran Johnston

  • Expected duration: 30min

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): 2021-02-02 - ONAP: ONAP And DevOps - abstraction of dynamically-evolving microservice-based networks


ONAP / Security - Enrolling X.509 certificates from CMPv2 server using K8s Cert-Manager


ONAP DCAE updates for Honolulu-R8 and focus beyond

  • Short Description: Status update on key deliverables for H release and future roadmap
  • Detailed Description:  Discuss evolution of new architecture within DCAE and DCAE-MOD and also review new deployment model of DCAE planned for H release and component/service impact for future integration. 
  • Topic Leader(s):  Vijay Venkatesh Kumar
  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items):
  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time):
  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions): Moderator
  • Expected duration: ~60 min
  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): 2021-02-04 - ONAP: DCAE Release updates and Roadmap


ONAP xNF software upgrade status of art and extendibility point

  • Short Description: A presentation of xNF software upgrade function implementation in ONAP and how it can be extended
  • Detailed DescriptionA schema update in relation to a xNF software upgrades is a routine for network upgrade to support new xNF features, improve efficiency or increase xNF capacity on the field, and to eliminate bugs.  This use case provides to ONAP an advantage in orchestrating and managing the Life Cycle of a Network Services in-line with business and service objectives. Starting from a demo of PNF sw upgrade and implementation progressed in ONAP Rel F/G/H, extendibility points will be presented for any future evolution
    We describe the solution architecture, followed by a live demo

  • Topic Leader(s):  Zu Qiang (Ericsson) James Cuddy  

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): Michela Bevilacqua

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Michela Bevilacqua

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions): Michela Bevilacqua Zu Qiang (Ericsson)

  • Expected duration: 30 minutes

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): 2021-02-02 - ONAP: xNF software upgrade status of art and extendibility point


ONAP CCVPN - Transport Slicing Demo of Guilin

  • Short Description: Demonstration of the Transport Slicing solution developed in Guilin.

  • Detailed Description: We evolved the CCVPN use case in Guilin to provide a Transport Slicing solution which is used to support the E2E Network Slicing use case.  We describe the solution architecture, followed by a live demo. We demonstrate four TN NSSI operations: Allocate, Activate, Deactivate, and Deallocate. 

  • Topic Leader(s): Henry YuLIN MENG

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): a ccvpn contributor

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): a ccvpn contributor

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  Henry Yu

  • Expected duration: 30-40 minutes

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): 2021-02-04 - ONAP: CCVPN - Transport Slicing Demo of Guilin


ONAP 5G OOF SON use case - Guilin Demo and Roadmap


ONAP/O-RAN/OSC Alignment - Updates and Roadmap


ONAP Demo: O-RAN A1 Policy & Non-RealTime-RIC automated test/demo environment

  • Short Description: ONAP Demo: O-RAN A1 Policy automated test/demo platform using Docker
  • Detailed Description: The session will provide a short introduction and demo of our automated test/demo suite for O-RAN A1 Policy functions in ONAP (Guilin) and OSC NONRTRIC functions. This function test environment was developed for demonstrating and testing support for the O-RAN A1 interface and O-RAN Non-RealTime RIC components. The test environment is multiplatform (Ubuntu, Mac OS, Win) – with components and simulators deployed in Docker (and Kubernetes).
  • Topic Leader(s):  Björn Magnusson John Keeney  
  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): Björn Magnusson John Keeney  
  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time):Björn Magnusson John Keeney  
  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  Björn Magnusson John Keeney 
  • Expected duration: 20-30 minutes
  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): 2021-02-03 - ONAP: Demo: O-RAN A1 Policy & Non-RealTime-RIC automated test/demo environment


ONAP usage: Microwave Operations Automation using ONAP/CDS

  • Short Description: Microwave Operations Automation using ONAP/CDS

  • Detailed Description: This Proof-of-Concept demonstrates the automation of some microwave operations, namely the topology auto-discovery, the path calculation and the layer2 services provisioning. The Controller Design Studio was used where modular Python scripts were integrated. Data persistence was implemented with the integration of Active and Available Inventory.     

  • Topic Leader(s): Zakaria Tayq

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): Eric Debeau

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Olivier Augizeau

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions): Eric Debeau

  • Expected duration: 20 minutes

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): 2021-02-04 - ONAP usage: Microwave Operations Automation using ONAP/CDS

ONAP 2021 TSC priorities

  • Short Description: Informal meeting to bring the ONAP TSC members together and to redefine 2021 TSC priorities

  • Detailed DescriptionIntros and sharing of thoughts and ideas for 2021

  • Topic Leader(s):  Catherine Lefevre

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): TSC Member to be identified

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Catherine Lefevre

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  Catherine Lefevre Alla Goldner

  • Expected duration: 30 mins

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): 2021-02-03 - ONAP: 2021 TSC Priorities


ONAP TSC Task Force: ONAP For Enterprise Business

  • Short DescriptionWhat does ONAP offer to an enterprise customer (IoT, Financial, Gaming, Healthcare, etc) that we can't get from existing cloud offers or outside the Cloud?

  • Detailed Description: A new TSC Task Force will be kicked off on January 20th, 2021 in order to define ONAP added-value for Enterprise Business. This session is an opportunity for the new ONAP TSC Task Force to collect feedback from a broader audience (Network Operators, Network Function Vendor, Infrastructure Vendor, Enterprises, etc).

  • Topic Leader(s):  Catherine Lefevre

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): TSC Task Force Member to be identified

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Catherine Lefevre Alla Goldner

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  Catherine Lefevre

  • Expected duration: 30 mins

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts  ** Create a minutes page HERE. A one click button for creating minutes has been provided.


ONAP Documentation: starter kit

  • Short Description: Tutorial to explain how to setup a local environment to generate and check documentation

  • Detailed Description: ONAP documentation is based on RST files that are managed as code in Gerrit. A dedicated tool chain is then used (Sphinx) to publish the content as HTML files in ReadTheDocs. This session will detail the different tool used to genereta the doc and will present a local environment to help anyone to produce RST files and to validate them locally and to preview the content in the local environment (cf https://wiki.onap.org/display/DW/Local+environment+to+write+RST+files).

  • Topic Leader(s): Eric Debeau Sofia Wallin Andreas Geissler

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): Sofia Wallin

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time)Sofia Wallin

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions): Sofia Wallin

  • Expected duration: 20 minutes

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): 2021-02-03 - ONAP: Documentation starter kit

ONAP E2E Network Slicing Use Case - Recap and Future Plans

  • Short Description: Recap of what we have produced in Guilin release , provide the demo show and report what we are going to do in Honolulu and beyond releases. 

  • Detailed Description:  there will be 2 topics under this session: 1. <Guilin recap and Honolulu plans> contents will concentrate on what we have done in Guilin release and what aspects we are going to enhance in Honolulu and future releases; 2. <E2E Slicing demo show based on Guilin deliverables> This part will show the integration test result of Option 2 which is CSMF+NSMF+External RAN NSSMF +internal TN NSSMF +Core NSSMF.

  • Topic Leader(s): LIN MENG Swaminathan Seetharaman

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): LIN MENG Swaminathan Seetharaman

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): LIN MENG Swaminathan Seetharaman

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions): LIN MENG Swaminathan Seetharaman

  • Expected duration: 1.5h (90mins)

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): 2021-02-02 - ONAP: E2E Network Slicing Use Case - Recap and Future Plans

ONAP Honolulu Security Updates

  • Short Description: Review the Python, Java and direct dependency upgrades for Honolulu.
  • Detailed Description: In this presentation we will review the Python 3 and Java 11 upgrade tasks and exceptions. We will also present a list of commonly used packages that all projects should try to upgrade.
  • Topic Leader(s)Pawel Pawlak  Amy Zwarico
  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): Somebody from SECCOM
  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Somebody from SECCOM
  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions): Moderator
  • Expected duration: 30
  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): 2021-02-03 - ONAP: Honolulu Security Updates


ONAP Honolulu CII Badging

  • Short Description: Review the CII Badging improvements designated for Honolulu.
  • Detailed Description: In this presentation we will review the CII improvements we would like to see in the Honolulu release. These improvements focus on the crypto and secure design requirements.
  • Topic Leader(s): Tony Hansen
  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): Somebody from SECCOM
  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Somebody from SECCOM
  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions): Moderator
  • Expected duration: 30
  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts  ** Create a minutes page HERE. A one click button for creating minutes has been provided.

ONAP AAI Core mS Overview

  • Short Description: Review the core microservices of A&AI and their functionality
  • Detailed Description: In this presentation we will provide an overview of the core microservices in A&AI including their purpose and functionality
  • Topic Leader(s)William Reehil
  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): Harish Kajur
  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Harish Kajur
  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions): Moderator
  • Expected duration: 30
  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording):  2021-02-02 - ONAP: AAI Core mS Overview


ONAP Upgrade using OOM framework

  • Short Description:  Graceful ONAP upgrade using OOM framework
  • Detailed Description:  Graceful version upgrade of ONAP is an important feature to be deployed in production level. Unfortunately ONAP does not support graceful version upgrade through OOM framework in current version. We have developed helm charts to enable automatic and graceful upgrade from El-Alto to Frankfurt. We also adopted the developed charts from automatic upgrade from Frankfurt to Guilin. In the presentation, we will share our development experience using Helm Hook features across the following components. 1) MariaDB 2) Cassandra 3) PostgreSql 4) DMAAP 5) SDNC 6) SO 7) AAI 8) SDC and demo the upgrade from Frankfurt to Guilin release. We will discuss challenges we face throughout the development process between El-Alto to Frankfurt & Frankfurt to Guilin. 
  • Topic Leader(s):  Min Sang Yoon Ahmad Khalil
  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): 
  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): 
  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  
  • Expected duration: 30 minutes
  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): 2021-02-03 - ONAP: ONAP Upgrade using OOM framework

ONAP Cloud-Native (CNF) Taskforce - open discussion on current state and future plans

  • Short Description: Members of the CNF Taskforce will host an online open discussion about the work done so far and plans for the coming releases.
  • Short Description: This session will be an interactive one. The leaders of this activity will provide a quick recap of the work done so far, and then open the floor for questions and suggestions. The Taskforce is very much interested in the priorities of the community with regards for making ONAP orchestrate Cloud Native network functions. Anyone who is interested Cloud Native Network Functions (CNF) is welcome to join this session and share their thoughts on this subject.
  • Topic Leader(s): Catherine Lefevre Seshu Kumar M Byung-Woo Jun  Lukasz Rajewski Fernando Oliveira
  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): Ranny Haiby
  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Ranny Haiby
  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  Catherine Lefevre
  • Expected duration: 60 minutes
  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): 2021-02-03 - ONAP: Cloud-Native (CNF) Taskforce - open discussion on current state and future plans

ONAP multicloud-k8s plugin enhancement for CNF deployment

  • Short Description: Enhancement of ONAP multiclud-k8s plugin with helm hook and resource monitoring

  • Detailed Description: Helm hook is becoming more and more important in CNF deployment which can give fine-grained control in CNF life cycle management. For complex CNFs using this feature, a support of helm hook in multicloud-k8s plugin will not only simplify the onboarding process but also maintain the same behavior/workflow in deployment/deletion process on these CNFs. Another improvement is the instantiation status report of CNF deployment, e.g., k8s resource monitoring, which is not the case in the current implementation.

  • Topic Leader(s): Huu Trung THIEU, Nakjung Choi

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): Timo Perala

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Timo Perala

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions): ...

  • Expected duration: 30 minutes

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): 2021-02-03 - ONAP: Multicloud-k8s plugin enhancement for CNF deployment

ONAP: Using ONAP components to orchestrate on Azure Kubernetes Service

  • Short Description: Using ONAP multicloud-k8s plugin to orchestrate a service on Azure Kubernetes

  • Detailed Description: In this demo, we will show how to orchestrate a service onto AKS, using the ONAP project EMCO (which is also used as a k8s plugin in multicloud). 

  • Topic Leader(s):  Rajendra Prasad Mishra

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): Sriram Rupanagunta

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Sriram Rupanagunta

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  Sriram Rupanagunta

  • Expected duration: 30 minutes

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts  ** Create a minutes page HERE. A one click button for creating minutes has been provided.

ONAP: Orchestrating a cloud native 5GC across multiple K8s clusters using ONAP components

  • Short Description: Using ONAP multicloud-k8s plugin to orchestrate across multiple k8s clusters, with day-0 configuration

  • Detailed Description: In this demo, we will show how to orchestrate a service onto multiple k8s clusters, and set day-0 configuration, without changing the Helm charts. 

  • Topic Leader(s):  Namachi Shankaranarayan

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): Rajendra Prasad Mishra

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Rajendra Prasad Mishra

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  Rajendra Prasad Mishra

  • Expected duration: 30 minutes

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts  ** Create a minutes page HERE. A one click button for creating minutes has been provided.

ONAP: Standalone GUI for EMCO

  • Short Description: Standalone GUI interface for EMO which can be used for design and run time operations

  • Detailed Description: In this demo, we will show various features of EMCO GUI.

  • Topic Leader(s):  Sandeep Sharma

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): Amar Kapadia

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Amar Kapadia

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  Amar Kapadia

  • Expected duration: 30 minutes

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts  ** Create a minutes page HERE. A one click button for creating minutes has been provided.



Anuket Topics

Please include "Anuket" in your Topic Proposal Title to help with Table of Contents filtering

Anuket: RC2 test cases - What and where?

  • Short Description: Working through RA2 requirements to figure out what we need to test and where it will come from.
  • Detailed Description: RC2 needs to be able to differentiate itself from other certifications. Also, Functest provides many tests, but they are not all specific to RA2. This session will sort through the RA2 requirements and determine how we can test it and where the test will come from.
  • Topic Leader(s): Bill Mulligan
  • Expected duration: 30 minutes
  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts  ** Create a minutes page HERE. A one click button for creating minutes has been provided.

Anuket: Memory Optimisation

  • Short Description: Anuket: Memory Optimization (vCPU/RAM)

  • Detailed Description: Its required to have additional configurations/ration for the applications (vCPU & RAM). Add/Detail aditionnal common flavours attributes

  • Topic Leader(s):  Joao Rodrigues Gergely Csatari

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. Joao Rodrigues Gergely Csatari

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Joao Rodrigues Gergely Csatari

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  Joao Rodrigues Gergely Csatari

  • Expected duration: 30 minutes

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts  ** Create a minutes page HERE. A one click button for creating minutes has been provided.

Anuket: Hardware Acceleration Abstraction

  • Short Description: Anuket: Hardware Acceleration Abstraction current and next.

  • Detailed Description: Hardware Acceleration resources can be used to achieve requirements or improve cost/performance. In this session we'll discuss current status and what could be next. Goal: Agree RM and RA topics, target content for next release and teams that will contribute it.

  • Topic Leader(s):  Petar Torre Per Andersson Tomas Fredberg

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. name1, name2

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): name1

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.

  • Expected duration: <most expected to be 30min or 60min, anything over 60 min will be an exception and need approval of the committee>

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts  ** Create a minutes page HERE. A one click button for creating minutes has been provided.

Anuket: Defining Storage Requirements in RM

  • Short Description: Anuket: Deep dive into the requirements for storage in supporting the Anuket Infrastructure RM

  • Detailed Description: Storage is an important part of the Infrastructure for any Telecom environment.  As the RM requirements mature, it is time to address the requirements in more detail.  What types of storage are needed, block, object, hybrid, dynamic, static, etc.  How is storage allocated and what are the best reference models for the use case.

  • Topic Leader(s):  Beth Cohen

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. name1, name2

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): name1

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.

  • Expected duration: <45 or  60min>

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): 2021-02-04 - Anuket: Defining Storage Requirements in RM

Anuket: Load Balancing in the Infrastructure

  • Short Description: Anuket: How to best incorporate Load Balancing in RM/RA documents

  • Detailed Description: This session will be used to explore what load balancing needs to be incorporated at the infrastructure layer and how to best define the RM and RAs.

  • Topic Leader(s):  Per Andersson 

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. name1, name2

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): name1

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.

  • Expected duration: <most expected to be 30min or 60min, anything over 60 min will be an exception and need approval of the committee>

    • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts  ** Create a minutes page HERE. A one click button for creating minutes has been provided.

Anuket: Beyond IaaS/CaaS for Cloud Infrastructure in RM

  • Short Description: Anuket: Beyond IaaS/CaaS for Cloud Infrastructure in RM

  • Detailed Description: When Cloud Service Providers, restricted the services provided to only IaaS/CaaS, then developers make independent choices increasing integration and certification effort, time and cost. For Telco's, it results in increasing the onboarding, certification and operational costs.  This session will be used to explore whether the RM, and subsequently the RAs, should specify a set of commonly used software services and steps in accomplishing the task.

  • Topic Leader(s):   Walter Kozlowski Petar Torre Pankaj Goyal

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. name1, name2

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): name1

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.

  • Expected duration: 60 minutes

  • Slides: 

Anuket: Telemetry, monitoring, observability

  • Short Description: Anuket: Telemetry, monitoring, observability

  • Detailed Description: Transition towards cloud-based environments brings higher degree of automation possibilities. Even more, it allows to reach certain level of autonomy in operations of telco networks - often referred to as "zero touch operations".  Autonomy can be thought of as an automation with perception; it is neccessary to understand the state of the telco network in order to make any operations-related action - be it recovery from failure, reconfiguration for optimization purposes, or anything else. In order to reach (at least partial) autonomy, major role plays system observability. The concept of observability can be considered as modernization of monitoring. However, this concept brings new challenges - shifts in direction of big data which inherently includes machine learning approach for data analysis, i.e. to detect suboptimal or anomalous situations (failures). The topic of this session is to introduce drawbacks of classical monitoring, and propose architecture which allows reaching high degree of autonomy in telco network operations.

  • Topic Leader(s): Sukhdev Kapur Zlatko Dukic

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. name1, name2

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): name1

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.

  • Expected duration: <most expected to be 30min or 60min, anything over 60 min will be an exception and need approval of the committee>

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts  ** Create a minutes page HERE. A one click button for creating minutes has been provided.

Anuket: The Journey to Anuket and Beyond... Ask Me Anything! 

  • Short Description: How Anuket made delicious vegan sausage by melding the OPNFV and CNTT projects

  • Detailed Description: Launched in January 2021, Anuket is the newest project in the LFN pantheon. In this session we will talk about the process that we went through to create the project, with some lessons learned along the way.  How we created the project framework despite differences in the tools, approaches and delivery mechanisms.  Learn about what worked and what didn't work as we merged two very different organizations with very different personalities. We promise there are no dumb questions, you can ask us anything.  Join us to find out what the buzz is all about! 

  • Topic Leader(s):  Beth Cohen  Walter Kozlowski Scot Steele Al Morton Walter Kozlowski Heather Kirksey

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. Beth Cohen  name2

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Beth Cohen

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.

  • Expected duration: 60min

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording)2021-02-03 - The Journey to Anuket and Beyond... – Ask Me Anything!

Anuket: Release Process Goals and Objectives

  • Short DescriptionAnuket: Release Process Goals and Objectives

  • Detailed Description: Brainstorm session on release process goals and objectives.  The intent is to get consensus in the community on the high level objectives for a release process, including approval by the TSC, then use those objectives to guide development of the Anuket release process.

  • Topic Leader(s):  David McBrideAl MortonScott SteinbrueckWalter Kozlowski

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. name1, name2

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): name1

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.

  • Expected duration: 60 minutes

    • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts  ** Create a minutes page HERE. A one click button for creating minutes has been provided.

Anuket: Updates from ETSI NFV and ONAP container work - Plenary/Cross Community?

  • Short Description: Anuket: New information from ETSI NFV and ONAP about progress in container work.

  • Detailed DescriptionETSI NFV has progressed significantly in the recent time in the concepts for management and orchestration of containerized VNFs (CNFs). The work on modelling containerized workloads is moving to protocol stage and the concept for automated management of clusters is being shaped. This technical presentation will introduce the concepts and specification in ETSI as well as implementation aspects from ONAP to help for alignment with RA2.

  • Topic Leader(s):  Ulrich Kleber Xu Yang

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): Ulrich Kleber

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Ulrich Kleber

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  Ulrich Kleber

  • Expected duration: 30 minutes 

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): 2021-02-02 - Anuket: Updates from ETSI NFV and ONAP container work

Anuket: TSC Regular Meeting

  • Short Description: Technical Steering Committee Meeting: same time, same channel

  • Detailed Description: Free wheeling topics involving Anuket - come ask the experts anything you want!

  • Topic Leader(s):  Al Morton Walter Kozlowski Jim Baker

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): name1, name2

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): name1

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.

  • Expected duration: 60 or 90min (schedule before break in case overflow)

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts  ** Create a minutes page HERE. A one click button for creating minutes has been provided.


Anuket: Maintaining Trust in the Anuket TSC - Follow up from Plenary Session

  • Short Description: Building a Trust Based Community - Exercise Two

  • Detailed Description: In this session, the Anuket TSC members will discuss how to maintain trust through effective communications.

  • Topic Leader(s):  Scot Steele Beth Cohen

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): 

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): 

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.

  • Expected duration: 60min

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): N/A

Anuket: Hardware Delivery Validation Tool Implementation

  • Short Description: Why HDV and what HDV can do?

  • Detailed Description: In this session, we would like introduce the work of HDV in CIRV project Jerma release. We would like to introduce the detail about the tools and how it can improve the implementation of hardware in large scale resource pool. 

  • Topic Leader(s):  Qiao Fu Liang CHEN  

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): 

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): 

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.

  • Expected duration: 30 min

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): N/A

Anuket: CI/CD practice in large scale de-coupled NFV resource deployment.

  • Short Description: How to make CI/CD effectively promote the deployment for operator in construction of NFV  infrastructure.

  • Detailed Description:  Operators need to adopt CI/CD when delivering telco platform to improve the e2e automation. In this session, we would like introduce continuing integration/deployment/test practice in CMCC, by working out a general function module about storage deployment, vim deployment, integration process between them (certify process in decouple case). After a deep dive trial in large cluster hardware in 2 provinces in China,  we also would like to share view about needs about automatic network configuration validation, necessary of standardize integration between Openstack and distributed storage, and how Anuket can help.

  • Topic Leader(s):  Qiao Fu Liang CHEN  

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): 

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): 

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.

  • Expected duration: 30min

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): N/A

Anuket: Acceleration of NFV resource deployment - network configuration automation 

  • Short Description: Idea about network configuration automation, setting of vlan, mlag etc.

  • Detailed Description: While the installer becomes mature for deployment of NFV, it's still painful both for vendor and operator to accelerate the construction of NFVi. There are many factors to block the efficiency of building up NFVi, One of the key point is that it will keep pending to start deployment before the network settings reaching the pre-condition, weeks of time are observed spending on that, rounds of deployment happened to find & fix the problem of incorrect network configuration, we would discuss and share our views about that. 

  • Topic Leader(s):  Qiao Fu Liang CHEN   jie niu

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): 

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): 

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.

  • Expected duration: 30min

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): N/A

Anuket: PDF 2.0 definition 

  • Short Description: presentation about CMCC internal PDF 2.0 definition and usage

  • Detailed Description:  In this session, we would like to introduce the detail definition of CMCC internal PDF, it's has been already used in CMCC in hardware & software integration verification, and we have also used PDF2.0 in pilot project of software integration deployment, PDF is the input of deployment installer.  In order to have a more complete description of the POD, we would also want to have a free discussion with other members, so PDF 2.0 will better support the installer and verification as the input of automation tools.

  • Topic Leader(s):  Qiao Fu Liang CHEN   jie niu

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): 

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): 

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.

  • Expected duration: 30min

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): N/A

Anuket/ONAP: XtestingCI on steroids

  • Short Description: The latest XtestingCI features highlighting by demos

  • Detailed Description: A demo would be, starting from scratch, how to deploy in one simple playbook maintainable by all, CNTT RC2 executed by Jenkins in Kubernetes. CNTT RC2 would be executed from a RaspberryPI.

  • Topic Leader(s): Cedric Ollivier

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): 

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): 

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.

  • Expected duration: 30min

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): N/A

Anuket - RA2 what's after Elbrus?

  • Short Description: Let's figure out what should be the focus of RA2 after Elbrus

  • Detailed Description: Let's collect the issues what RA2 should address after Elbrus release.

  • Topic Leader(s):  Riccardo Gasparetto StoriTom KivlinGergely Csatari 

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer Gergely Csatari

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): name1

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.

  • Expected duration: 60 min

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts  ** Create a minutes page HERE. A one click button for creating minutes has been provided.

Anuket - Gitlab Pilots and LF IT roadmap

  • Short Description: Share experiences piloting gitlab and understand LF IT roadmap
  • Detailed Description: Two projects are piloting the use of gitlab - let's hear how it's going. LF IT is pursuing gitlab as IT modernization - let's see the roadmap and plans 
  • Topic Leader(s):  Trevor Bramwell  Mark Beierl  Georg Kunz

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): 

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): name1

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.

  • Expected duration: 30 min

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): 2021-02-04 - Anuket - Gitlab Pilots and LF IT roadmap

Anuket - Kubernetes Container-Networking Benchmarking for Telco Use cases.

  • Short Description: Sharing lessons, initial-results and ongoing enhancement from  Kubernetes container-networking benchmarking activities at Anuket-VSPERF

  • Detailed Description: At VSPERF, exhaustive performance analysis of Kubernetes container-networking solutions for telco use cases (multiple interfaces, DPDK-based containers, etc.) was carried out. The work tried to answer questions such as Which Kubernetes CNI plugin to use and why? What are the standardized performance benchmarks for different plugins? and what configurations are important to achieve better performance. The talk proposes to share the experience and the results.

  • Topic Leader(s):  Sridhar Rao

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. name1, name2

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): name1

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.

  • Expected duration: 30min

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording): Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts  ** Create a minutes page HERE. A one click button for creating minutes has been provided.

Anuket - Reference Implementation and conformance update with SDN

  • Short Description: In this session we will show case the Anuket's reference implementation with Tungsten Fabric as SDN Controller. 

  • Detailed Description: We will provide the update (and possibly a short demo) of the implementation of the reference architecture of Anuket with SDN integration by using Tungsten Fabric. In this session we will also provide the update of the conformance testing as well.

  • Topic Leader(s):  Sridhar RaoSukhdev Kapur

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. Sukhdev Kapur

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): name1

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.

  • Expected duration: 30min

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording)Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts  ** Create a minutes page HERE. A one click button for creating minutes has been provided.

OpenDaylight Topics

Please include "ODL" in your Topic Proposal Title to help with Table of Contents filtering

ODL: OpenDaylight and YANG

  • Short Description: Review all the Yang related features and tooling available in ODL

  • Detailed Description: OpenDaylight platform uses and leverages Yang models in different ways. In this session, we will review all the Yang related features and tooling available in ODL. This could be a good reference for users and developers looking at using Yang models in their applications.

  • Topic Leader(s):  Luis Gomez

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. name1, name2

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): name1

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.

  • Expected duration: 30min

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording)Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts  ** Create a minutes page HERE. A one click button for creating minutes has been provided.

ODL: OpenDaylight and ONAP commonalities

  • Short Description: Discuss Opendaylight's common edges with ONAP 

  • Detailed Description: Discuss commonalities between ODL and ONAP projects (Protocol adapters, Service&BPM modeling, data transformation, ...). Collaboration between ODL and ONAP community. 

  • Topic Leader(s): Miroslav Miklus

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. name1, name2

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): name1

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.

  • Expected duration: 30min

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording)Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts  ** Create a minutes page HERE. A one click button for creating minutes has been provided.

ODL: OpenDaylight Documentation talk

  • Short Description: Recent updates on the documentation and strategy

  • Detailed Description: Migration of best practices and new contributors guide from the old wiki. New spell checkers. Thoughts on what are the next steps. Open discussion on the best strategy to migrate the rest of the the old material and to update it. Call for contributions.

  • Topic Leader(s): Guillaume Lambert

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. name1, name2

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): name1

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.

  • Expected duration: 45min

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording)Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts  ** Create a minutes page HERE. A one click button for creating minutes has been provided.

ODL: OpenDaylight new TSC expectations talk

  • Short Description: Open Discussion on the TSC way of functioning.

  • Detailed Description: Open Discussion on what new TSC members expects to make evolve on the current TSC way of functioning. Former TSC members and others contributors are welcome to participate.

  • Topic Leader(s): Guillaume Lambert Robert Varga

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. name1, name2

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): name1

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.

  • Expected duration: 60min

  • Minutes: 2021-02-04 - OpenDaylight new TSC expectations talk

ODL: Silicon Release overview

  • Short Description: A brief overview of what is changing in upcoming Silicon release.

  • Detailed Description: Our current development branch is projected to freeze just about now, this session will summarize how Silicon is different from Aluminium.

  • Topic Leader(s): Robert Varga

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. name1, name2

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): name1

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.

  • Expected duration: 30min

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording)Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts  ** Create a minutes page HERE. A one click button for creating minutes has been provided.

ODL: Phosphorus Platform lookahead

  • Short Description: A brief overview of what is going to change in OpenDaylight's platform projects.

  • Detailed Description: As is already usual, our development starts with platform projects integrating their major. While this list is not complete yet, there are already a number of interesting items. We will take some time to go over those and discuss what else may happen.

  • Topic Leader(s): Robert Varga

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. name1, name2

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): name1

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.

  • Expected duration: 60min

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording)Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts  ** Create a minutes page HERE. A one click button for creating minutes has been provided.

ODL: A Bag of New Platform Tricks

  • Short Description: A brief overview of what new capabilities are there in platform projects.

  • Detailed Description: We have grown a few improvements since our last meeting, we will get into those and show them off.

  • Topic Leader(s): Robert Varga

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. name1, name2

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): name1

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.

  • Expected duration: 60min

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording)Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts  ** Create a minutes page HERE. A one click button for creating minutes has been provided.

Tungsten Fabric Topics

Please include "TF" in your Topic Proposal Title to help with Table of Contents filtering

TF Release Process - an invitation to the Community

  • Short Description: Presentation of Milestones and steps expected from existing and potential participants in developing of Tungsten Fabric

  • Detailed Description: 2020, though quite a tough year, was a good year for the TF Community. We managed to achieve big progress. To keep this momentum we would like to engage more and more our members and also be more and more transparent for new potential participants. During the presentation we present the Release process milestones and steps discussed and agreed upon in the Tungsten Fabric community to achieve proper cooperation and transparency for all existing and potential developers and committers.

  • Topic Leader(s):  Marek Chwal Szymon Golebiewski

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): Casey Cain

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Casey Cain

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions): Casey Cain

  • Expected duration: 30min

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording)Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts  ** Create a minutes page HERE. A one click button for creating minutes has been provided.

TF deployers and CI

  • Short Description: Variety of TF deployment methods and CI infrastructure for them

  • Detailed Description: TF has a significant variety of methods to deploy it. Developing and maintaining all of them with a small team is a task which requires a great deal of automation. This presentation will give an overview for the existing TF deployers and describe the TF CI and set of devtools created to handle them.

  • Topic Leader(s):  alevine@progmaticlab.com Alexandre Levine Andrey Pavlov 

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): Casey Cain

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Casey Cain

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions): Casey Cain

  • Expected duration: 30min

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording)Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts  ** Create a minutes page HERE. A one click button for creating minutes has been provided.

TF architecture - an overview

  • Short Description: Overview of all components in TF architecture and how they get along with each other.

  • Detailed Description: TF architecture is spread across multiple components that make TF as a whole solution customizable for multiple use cases. This presentation will give a wide perspective on high-level TF architecture and what are responsibilities of individual components in a complex TF system.

  • Topic Leader(s):  Szymon Krasuski

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): Casey Cain

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Casey Cain

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions): Casey Cain

  • Expected duration: 60min

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording)Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts  ** Create a minutes page HERE. A one click button for creating minutes has been provided.

TF Dataplane performance enhancements - Latency improvements

  • Short Description: Performance enhancements done in TF dataplane with a focus on latency reduction

  • Detailed Description: For 5G deployments, it is important to have very low latency. Earlier, TF dataplane had a large latency which was unsuitable for 5G applications. This talk focuses on the improvements that we have made in DPDK vRouter to reduce the latency to suit 5G applications.

  • Topic Leader(s):  @Przemyslaw Grygiel and Kiran KN

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): Casey Cain

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Casey Cain

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions): Casey Cain

  • Expected duration: 20min

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording)Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts  ** Create a minutes page HERE. A one click button for creating minutes has been provided.

XGVela Topics

Please include "XGVela" in your Topic Proposal Title to help with Table of Contents filtering

Infrastructures and plans of XGVela

  • Short Description: XGVela Infrastructure tooling and plan

  • Detailed Description: In this session information about XGVela infrastructure tooling and plans will be covered, especially the CI/CD progress and plan.

  • Topic Leader(s):  Seshu Kumar M

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. name1, name2

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): 

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  

  • Expected duration: 30min

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording)XGVela Infrastructures and Plans Minutes and Recording


Operators requirements for XGVela

  • Short Description: Requirements on cloud native PaaS and XGVela would be introduced from the Operators' perspective.

  • Detailed Description: In this session, operator representative from Saudi Telecom Company will share ideas and requirements about PaaS and XGVela.

  • Topic Leader(s):  Saad Ullah Sheikh

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. name1, name2

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): 

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  

  • Expected duration: 30min

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording)Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts  ** Create a minutes page HERE. A one click button for creating minutes has been provided.


XGVela seed code design walk through

  • Short Description: Interpretation of design thought of XGVela seed code

  • Detailed Description: XGVela has received seed code about Telco management PaaS functions donated by Mavenir recently. The functions are TMaaS (Topology management as a service), CMaaS (configuration management as a service), FMaaS (Fault management as a service), VESGW, and other 3 functions. In this session, Mavenir, the contributor of seed code, will show the code and introduce the seed code design though to the community. 

  • Topic Leader(s):  @Sandeep Karkala 

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. name1, name2

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): 

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  

  • Expected duration: 30min

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording)Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts  ** Create a minutes page HERE. A one click button for creating minutes has been provided.


XGVela Open House

  • Short Description: Free discussion and thoughts exchange session

  • Detailed Description: In this session, XGVela TSC team will be there for open discussions about XGVela. The Team wants to collect and exchange thoughts with the community about XGVela, PaaS, requirements, architecture, collaboration plan, and etc. Also the team will answer any questions you want to know about XGVela.

  • Topic Leader(s):  Seshu Kumar M Saad Ullah Sheikh Qihui Zhao @Sandeep Karkala @Azhar Sayeed  @Vance Shipley and other available XGVela TSC members

  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): PMs will be managing the event.  Do not schedule them to be a scribe for your topic unless they explicitly volunteer. name1, name2

  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): 

  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  

  • Expected duration: 30min

  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording)Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts  ** Create a minutes page HERE. A one click button for creating minutes has been provided.


ODIM Topics

Please include "ODIM" in your Topic Proposal Title to help with Table of Contents filtering

ODIM Use Cases for ONAP

  • Short Description: Introduction to the ODIM project
  • Detailed Description: Introduction of the project and a dive into how the ONAP and ODIM project could benefit from collaboration 
  • Topic Leader(s): Joseprabu Inbaraj <jose@ami.com>
  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): Somebody from the ODIM project
  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Somebody from the ODIM project
  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions): Moderator
  • Expected duration: 60
  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording)Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts  ** Create a minutes page HERE. A one click button for creating minutes has been provided.

ODIM Introduction

  • Short Description: Introduction to the ODIM project
  • Detailed Description: Introduction to the ODIM project. Project status. Definition of the problems ODIM is solving. Potential collaboration with other LFN projects. 
  • Topic Leader(s): Alex Vul (Intel)
  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): Somebody from the ODIM project
  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Somebody from the ODIM project
  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions): Moderator
  • Expected duration: 60
  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording)Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts  ** Create a minutes page HERE. A one click button for creating minutes has been provided.

ODIM Release 1

  • Short Description: Features and functions of the first ODIM Release.
  • Detailed Description: Features and functions of the first ODIM Release. We will walk through all the feature in detail.
  • Topic Leader(s): HPE
  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): Somebody from the ODIM project
  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Somebody from the ODIM project
  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions): The Moderator
  • Expected duration: 30
  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording)Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts  ** Create a minutes page HERE. A one click button for creating minutes has been provided.

ODIM Build & Run

  • Short Description: Demo on cloning, building and running ODIM
  • Detailed Description: In this presentation we will demo how to clone and build ODIM. We will also show some use cases on how to use ODIM with different northbound clients, including a commercial one from AMI. 
  • Topic Leader(s): Bharath Kumar (HPE) & Muthukkumaran Ramalingam
    (AMI)
  • Scribe (Capture important minutes and record action items): Somebody from the ODIM project
  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Somebody from the ODIM project
  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions): Moderator
  • Expected duration: 60
  • Minutes/Session Page (Slides and Recording)Topic Leader or Scribe should link the minutes here before the event starts  ** Create a minutes page HERE. A one click button for creating minutes has been provided.
  • No labels

4 Comments

  1. Do we have a template for adding topics? I have added topics for CNTT but i am not sure what other information and in what format is needed.  Please advise.

    1. Walter Kozlowski I added the template and put your 4 topics in the basic format - you can edit to add more details as appropriate.

      Thanks! Jim

  2. Jim Baker Thanks!  I have put the correct leaders' names, and we will update the rest over the upcoming week.

  3. I have put in some sessions as added some requested stubs.  It is still the responsibility of the Workstream leaders to complete the descriptions.