Welcome to the LFN Developer & Testing Forum
The LFN Developer & Testing Forum is being held over four days, February 1 - 4, 2021. Once again we will be virtually gathering the LFN project technical communities to progress our releases; discuss project architecture, direction, and integration points; and further innovate through the open source networking stack. We will use a combination of online tools to create a productive and interactive virtual meeting environment. The event is free of cost and registration is required.
Current confirmed projects are the following:
Anuket: Our mission is - Empower the global communications community by creating and developing reference cloud infrastructure models, architectures, conformance programs and tools to deliver network services faster, more reliably, and securely. We'll be hosting some meetings exploring future development topics, discussing operating procedures, and fostering collaboration with other projects.
ONAP: The ONAP community will be hosting meetings for alignment of architecture, modeling, security and other aspects of system design as we look toward future releases of the platform.
OpenDaylight: OpenDaylight will be hosting some “how to get engaged” discussions and introduce new projects that aim to scale OpenDaylight for 2021 and into the future.
Tungsten Fabric: The Tungsten Fabric community will focus on "hands-on" development work for the next release of Tungsten Fabric, refining the Release Process, improving the CI/CD pipeline, and exploring cross-community integration with projects such as ONAP, DPDK, and more.For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Our registration system is now integrated with the Linux Foundation Single sign-on (SSO) platform. After clicking “Register Now”, you will be prompted to log in with your existing SSO account or to create a new one. If you have forgotten the password for an existing account, reset it by clicking “Forgot Password.” You will also be able to use 3rd party authentication providers (Gmail, GitHub, LinkedIn, and Facebook) to automatically generate your SSO Account. If you experience issues, click the “Contact Us” link on the Registration page to connect with our support team.
CFP & Schedule
- Proposals are due January 15th
- Schedule to be announced January 22nd
If you would like to participate in the programming committee, please email email@example.com.
Event Slack Channel
Details for Presenters:
Please use the LFN Technical Meetings PowerPoint Template for your presentations.
We request that you be on your assigned bridge 5 mins prior if possible and sharing your session's cover slide
We encourage you to use the following virtual background if your systems supports it: LFN Zoom Background Image
Sharing must be started by the host account.
Auto-record to the cloud is set by default for most sessions. If there is not a presenter change between sessions, please ensure that you stop the recording and then start a new one.
- If desired you or your scribe can create/edit minute pages on the 2020 October Virtual Technical Event Minutes page.
- Presenters are responsible for:
- We want to consolidate recordings in one location to ensure that we don’t lose any of them. It takes some time to render the recordings, usually 10-15 mins for a 1 hour recording. So you will need to go back later to get the recordings. (LFN Staff will handle the uploads of sessions that take place on the plenary bridge)
- To upload:
- Use the previously distributed Zoom account info to login as the account assigned to your session
- Once logged in, click on the “recordings” link in the left hand navigation menu
- Find the session with the start time column entry that matches the day and timestamp for your session
- Verify that the recording is indeed for your session :-)
- Download the recording to your computer
- Rename the file to match your session.
- Upload it to the Recordings page on the LFN wiki: TBD
- delete your recording from the Zoom account after it has been uploaded to the wiki.
Community Program Committee Leads and Event Help:
Tungsten Fabric: TBD
LFN Staff Support
- The helpdesk channel on the event slack instance is the best option for general questions and assistance as most eyes will be on this.
- No labels