Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Zoom link:

https://zoom.us/j/997256543?pwd=MWptM0F0Y1NpckhFVUgrZnM2TkJ0Zz09

Attendees:


Please add your name in here:



Agenda:

    • Agenda 
      • Next vF2F conference in February 2021: topics are required: Feb vF2F Feb 1-4: 2021 February LFN Developer & Testing Forum. Proposals due 15 January 2021. Put in the topic proposals here: 2021 February Developer Topic Proposals. Topics already done (as placeholders), need descriptions:
        • Hybrid, multi-cloud model: DC to Edge (Pankaj, Walter)
        • Acceleration Abstraction (Petar, Tomas, Per)
        • Beyond IaaS/CaaS for Cloud Infrastructure in RM (Petar, Pankaj, Walter)
        • Telemetry, monitoring, observability (Sukhdev, Petar, Zlatko)
        • Edge (Beth, Ahmed)
      • All→ please add other topics if you want to present
      • Next release (Elbrus) M3 - 15 January 2021: Update on Elbrus Issues and PRs progress/actions and PRIORITIZATION

      • Review of the Elbrus MVP contents (needed by 20 December 2020):

        Network/Hardware Management

        Hardware Infrastructure Management: function and APIs

        Tomas, Walter

        High

        Elbrus MVP

        Agreed

        Issue 2050

        Requirements for  NBI from HIM: work in progress

        Contents will be available during the week of 14th December; Tomas to raise relevant PRs


        Primary & secondary networking

        Tomas, Suresh, Gergely

        Medium

        Elbrus MVP

        Probably RA-2 topic, discuss with Tom K. Gergely, Georg Kunz,  whether RM can help (prob general guidance and requirements)

        Issue 2085: work in progress

        Contents will be available during the week of 14th December; Tomas to raise relevant PRs

        Operations

        Security (workloads and infrastructure) - alignment with ONAP

        Karine, Amy, Pankaj

        Closed for Elbrus

        Done from Elbrus MVP perspective

        Karine reviewing FS.31 and FS.40 from GSMA FASG from the possible alignment perspective for post Elbrus


        Operations and Life-cycle Management 


        High

        Elbrus MVP

        Action: Issue 2086; identify gaps in Chapter 9 - open fort comments and reviews

        Activities/actions:

           9.3.2 Observability Sukhdev to raise relevant PRs with the contents based on reviewed google docs

           9.3.3 Telemetry Sukhdev to raise relevant PRs with the contents based on reviewed google docs

        9.5 Automation

           9.5.1 Infrastructure LCM Automation

                  9.5.1.1 Hardware Configuration CI/CD Tomas to raise PR for others' input

                  9.5.1.2 Networking Automation Tomas to raise PR for others' input

                  9.5.1.3 Software Development CI/CD Saad to raise PR for others' input

        9.5.2 Software Onboarding Automation and CI/CD Requirements

                  9.5.2.1 Software Onboarding Automation (done and  merged into master)

                  9.5.2.2 Software CI/CD Requirements (done and  merged into master)

        9.5.3 Tenant Creation Automation

                  9.5.3.1 Pre-tenant Creation Requirements Beth, Pankaj, Walter to work on contents for PR#2129

                  9.5.3.2 Tenant Networking Automation  Beth, Pankaj, Walter to work on contents


        Automation (closed loop automation)

        Medium

        Closed for Elbrus

        Should be in part in LCM (Chapter 9) - Issue  2087

        Proposed to include into Chapter 9 (see above)

        Gap 10.3.6 raised in Chapter 10




        Observability/telemetry

        Sukhdev, Zlatko, Petar

        Medium

        MVP

        Issue 2052 contains a link to a google document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BjRTIPVOs7vqZvvmd65CWX0vJU3YCGcq5McVyyxdXoY/edit?usp=sharing

        See action om Sukhdev for 93.2 and 9.3.3

        Acceleration

        Hardware acceleration abstraction

        Petar, Tomas, Per, Walter

        High

        MVP

        Issue 2051; 

        Structure created in PR# 2115 and merged into master

        Petar, Tomas and Per to start loading the contents into the structure via PRs

        Storage
        Karine, Petar

        Medium

        Closed for Elbrus


        Needed a structure

        Further details needed (all classes of storage)

        Issue 2056: Need contributors and expertise https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/ecg-vptg-october-2020 it has a link to the June PTG notes

        Action: Beth → provide a structure (PTG etherpad can be used); work in progress

        Special use cases

        Load balancing

        Per, SukhdevMedium

        Issue 2095: Per to provide concept description for comments

        Per to inform about the status


        Mutual discovery (workloads/infrastructure)

        Sukhdev, Tomas
        Medium

        Issue 2088; Sukhdev to add the concept description for comments

        Sukhdev to inform about the status


        Service function chaining

        Suresh, Sukhdev

        Medium

        MVP

        Issue 2089; text in Issue 

        Suresh to create PR with the reviewed contents

        Model for Enterprise Cloud

        and Edge


        Walter, Pankaj, Ahmed

        Medium

        MVP

        Issue 2049: Multi/hybrid cloud  from Data Centre to Edge;

        PR#2118 approved and merged

        Alignment with ONAPInvestigate topics other than securityPetar

        Low

        Ongoing

        Petar to present to RM meeting
        Alignment with GSMA OPGInvestigate alignment pointsWalter

        Low

        Ongoing

        Depends on outcomes of joint OITF and OPG meetings
        Alignment with ORAN?Influence ORAN regarding telco cloud
        OngoingTomas raised this question as he participates in WG 6. Karine to find out how we could discuss possible  dependencies, alignments, cloud principles....
        Alignment  with ODIM
        MartinOngoingBring to this meeting the actions, comments from previous sessions and vF2F 
        Granularity of RM profiles


        Issue 2068

        Ricardo as the new RA-2 leader has joined RM meetings

        REview of RM Chapter 2 use cases
        All
        Issues 2067

        Actions:

        • Karine → inform the RM Team about O-RAN (WG 6) collaboration ver 2 of  the design document (Cloud Platform) will be finalised by the end of November (reference conformance for K8s). The document will be available for CNTT by the end of January 2021.
        • All→ please add vF2F topics if you want to present other topics
        •  Beth → provide a structure for Storage (PTG etherpad can be used)
        • All → review Issue 2089 'Service Function Chaining', text in Issue

        Minutes:

        1.  GSMA non-members who want to participate in OITF please contact Tom Van Pelt , tpelt@gsma.com.  Those who are interested in GSMA PRD FS.31 - it is available at  https://www.gsma.com/security/resources/fs-31-gsma-baseline-security-controls/
        2. Akraino meetings on Dec 17th: https://wiki.akraino.org/display/AK/TSC+2020-12-17++%28Thurs%29+7+am+Pacific (CNTT Edge presented by Beth and Ahmed)
        3. Cloud Native Network Functions (CNF) Working Group: https://github.com/cncf/cnf-conformance/pull/450


  • No labels