Topic: Gov/Org TF Kick off
Date: Sep 24, 2020 06:57 Pacific Time (US and Canada)
- Qiao Fu
- Zhiqiang Yu
- Heather Kirksey
- Jim Baker
- Phil Robb
- William Diego Maza
- Ildiko Vancsa
- Scott Steinbrueck
- Select POC/Lead
- Discuss discuss charter development
- Discuss Organizational Structure options
- Determine coming week actions items and assignments
Legal and organizational requirements are inter-related and yet distinct.
- Updated charter
- Scope/Mission Statement
- "Interim" TSC(?)
- Our charter calls out to other "non-legal" documents for the remainder of governance/ops
- Updated partnership agreement w/ GSMA
- A single vote by the existing OPNFV TSC to agree to the updated charter
To make ourselves successful
- Roles and responsibilities of TSC members
- Expectations/eligibility requirements of TSC
- Election processes
- Governance at a conceptual and strategic level (e.g., GB, MAC, SPC, TAC touchpoints)
- Short and long term
- Who are we existentially?
- What is our value?
- Workstream and project structure – overall org structure and goals
- This is likely the most defining and important – but isn't a legal matter
- Other activities that are under the purview of the Operations Task Force (tooling, releases, processes)
- Best practices
- Operational Guidelines Document Update (https://www.opnfv.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/12/2018/01/OPNFV-TSC-Procedures-Document-12-5-2017.pdf)
- We also have procedures defined in a number of wiki pages, including project lifecycle, election procedures, etc. We may want to look at streamlining this documentation during this process.
|Welcome - Agenda Review|
POC = Point Of Contact
|10 Min||Elect a POC/Lead for the Task Force|
Technical Charter Discussion
|15 min||Discuss Possible Org Structures||Scot Steele|
White board session to define high level structure.
Review of Slide with Functional groups/actions - Additions Made
Need to solicit more feed back, Slide to be sent.
Slide needs to address OPNFV Projects - Need to determine if there are projects that can be consolidated.
We need a proposal to determine if consolidation
|10 min||Review task list and determine actions for the coming week||All||N/A|
- Confirm Trevor/Scott as the Co-leads
- Discuss Interium TSC with the Ops/TSC TF
- Heather Kirksey to develop more robust definitions and thoughts on the interim TSC
- Scot Steele to send Structure Slide to team
- Task Force should consider proposal on which OPNFV projects continue/Merge/End, as well as a process to make ongoing decisions.