Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata


Please enter you name and company. Tag yourself using LF ID User Name. Don't have an LF ID yet? Go here:



  • Start Recording- helps facilitate minutes and Action Items
  • Antitrust
  • Welcome 1st Time Attendees
  • 5G Cloud Native Network Demo Update 
  • 5G Super Blueprint Use Case Discussion 
  • Adjacent Communities Integration 
  • 5G SBP Milestones, Timelines, Infra 
  • 5G SBP Future Labs 
  • 5G SBP Workstreams
  • AOB
  • Catherine Question


LF Anti-trust

  • We will start by mentioning the project's Antitrust Policy, which you can find linked from the LF and project websites. The policy is important where multiple companies, including potential industry competitors, are participating in meetings. Please review and if you have any questions, please contact your company legal counsel. Members of the LF may contact Andrew Updegrove at the firm Gesmer Updegrove LLP, which provides legal counsel to the LF.

Welcome 1st Time Attendees

Welcome all. new attendees. If you have any questions about participating in this effort, please send to Brandon Wick ( and Louis Illuzzi (

5G Cloud Native Network Demo Update (Brandon/Amar)

  • Next Iteration to be shown at ONE Summit, Los Angles, Oct 11-12
  • Call Time, Weekly, Tuesdays, 7:00 AM PT
  • Bridge Info and call notes added here.
  • Notes from today's call available here.
    • Slicing/RAN/Radio

5G Super Blueprint Use Case Discussion (Heather)

July 13th Call Key Points:

  • End goal of the 5G SBP Community: An integration and demonstration effort between projects. Identify gaps. Relevant IP will live in participation/upstream communities. See FAQ for more background.
  • Integration Effort: Standing up the Magma Core on Anuket. Step 1: Get traffic passing through. Step 2: Evolve to a use case. Chosen direction: Private Mobile Networking with IOT Interconnect.
  • Updated Use Case Page with this first direction.
  • E2E Network Slicing + Magma Integration. Any other dependencies? 
  • Need to propose dates around the integration work.
  • Development of new features/milestones. 
  • (Catherine input) Need an iteration approach. Define/build a minimum scope across community (starting with Magma + ONAP). Be incremental. KPIs TBD (e.g. service assurance, secure network slice mechanism, non-functional reqs).
  • QoS Input? throughput/latency. Performance metrics will come later down the road. Ike to share document with Akraino example.
  • Draft a timeline/iteration plan. Need to work between communities for call flow to expand beyond Magma+ONAP.
  • Private mobile use case would need to isolated and secure.
  • Magma Team perspective: Minimum slicing capabilities team ongoing in Magma, can be mapped to this effort. Monthly meeting on how to align with other communities, address pain points. Next meeting: Aug 13. Details in Magma community calendar. 
  • Magma 5G – Everything you need to know. When Fri, August 13, 10am – 11am Where (map) Description Join Zoom Meeting Meeting ID: 984 9082 2619 Passcode: 173857 One tap mobile +13462487799,,98490822619#,,,,*173857# US (Houston) +16699006833,,98490822619#,,,,*173857# US (San Jose) Hosts: Kader Khan from Wavelabs, Phillip Ritter from Facebook.

5G Super Blueprint Phases (Amar/Louis)

CENGN: Is offering 2 nodes of compute to support and has networking capabilities to offer as well. Brandon to connect Boris to slicing players. 

Question around video: We need to document as we build, and look for opportunities to create video. Kader suggested reviewing the Magma YouTube channel for ideas. 

Adjacent Communities Integration (All)

  • ORAN Alliance / ORAN SC (Trishan)
    • Phase 3 Integration
  • Anuket (Heather)
    • Kali Release RI2 on UNH Servers, deploying the Magma Core
  • ONAP + Magma
    • Enterprise Task Force (Aarna Team, Catherine)
    • Reviewed ONAP + Magma Milestones / Timeline
    • Onboarding Magma Controller (gateway) with ONAP. Treating as VNF currently
    • Other?
  • Akraino / LF Edge (Amar)
    • Modeling Blueprints roughly on Akraino template
    • Any other LF Edge integration at this time?
    • Other?
  • ODIM (Louis)
  • TBD

5G SBP Milestones, Timelines, Infra (Louis)

  • Community asked to take a look at the integrations page. Documentation will be required (document as you go).

5G SBP Future Labs

Conversations going with CENGN. Other community resources welcome.

5G SBP Workstreams

Get Involved! Find an area where you can contribute. 

  • Diagrams
  • Build Documentation- video and print
  • Rules of the Road
  • LFN TAC Whitepaper 
  • ONAP Enterprise Working Group Alignment + Integration (Prabhjot)
  • LFN Project alignment work (Anuket, ODIM, ONAP, etc.)
  • Mapping Features & Dependencies
  • ONES Demo support
  • ONES Booth support

Question from Timo: Cloud workstream or sub-group? Timo/Heather to connect offline.

Comment Coming in from Chat

sudhir iyer Here is a Suggestion Folks, 3GPP defines these protocols and standards that were just mentioned ( the acronyms) - However, there are less than handful (1/2) of networks with end to end architecture on opensource software programming model.... The Telco Industry is trying to adopt the cloud industry way of simplifying how things work including standardization -- We should keep an open eye to new way of delivering service [ may be there will be new innovation that comes from the actual practice than the theoretical standards and protocols in text)….. LNF should be open to such actual working models which might be good enough to be standardized in the industry.... The Cloud/Internet industry also delivers voice, data services over IP network.. in many cases the traditional voice call is worse than the whatsapp or google calls on the data network.... This is a new world we are entering.... I decided to not speak this time around. Not sure how much of my comment makes sense. I am in a loud area.. Thank you.

Fahad (solutions by stc) - Hello, everyone. I was wondering about the DevOps Pipeline implementation and where are we. Really wanted to participate in this area, but couldn't attend the last two meetings because of health issues. But I'm ready now! :)


Parking Lot:

  • Legal: Heather in discussions with LF legal team on license types. 
  • Projects Integration

    • Align with ONAP Enterprise WG Concepts 
    • Code will be be upstreamed wherever possible. 
    • 2 Types of Artifacts: 1). Contributions to upstream code. 2.) Non-code elements, etc. 
    • Legal: Heather in discussions with LF legal team on license types. 
  • Magma demo integration post ONES
  • Leveraging 5G Cloud Native Network Demo (Proof of Concept) 2021
  • 5G Super Blueprint Criteria
    • Open source components where available
    • Proprietry components where Open Source component does not exist or is not compatible
    • LFN TAC Consult
  • Blueprint Outputs (scrips, docs, mode/Yaml/Yang files). Do it in stages.
    • Establish forcing function
    • Consider leveraging Akraino best practices
  • Establish upstreaming process
  • 5G Super Blue Print Playbooks
  • Establish joint/cross project repos
    • Separate demo and 5G Super BP Jiras
    • Jira cross tagging- need IT discussion
  • No labels