Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Attendance

Please enter you name and company. Tag yourself using LF ID User Name. Don't have an LF ID yet? Go here: https://myprofile.lfx.linuxfoundation.org/.

Meeting Recording


Agenda:

  • Start Recorder- helps facilitate minutes and Action Items
  • Antitrust
  • Welcome 1st Time Attendees
  • 5G Cloud Native Network Demo/POC/Lab Updates? Given the separate call how do we cover this? Quick overview?
    • Need diagrams for Cloud Native for 06/22
    • Include Altran on 06/22 call. Need a more convenient time for them (Brandon)
    • ONE Summit Update
  • Share some feedbacks from the "ONAP For Enterprise" Task Force
  • 5G SBP Diagrams- Technical Deep Dive - Amar
  • Terminology ex. use case, feature, private 5G network - Heather
  • Project Milestones & Timeline
  • 5G SBP Workstreams
  • AOB




LF Anti-trust

  • We will start by mentioning the project's Antitrust Policy, which you can find linked from the LF and project websites. The policy is important where multiple companies, including potential industry competitors, are participating in meetings. Please review and if you have any questions, please contact your company legal counsel. Members of the LF may contact Andrew Updegrove at the firm Gesmer Updegrove LLP, which provides legal counsel to the LF.

Welcome 1st Time Attendees

Welcome all. new attendees. If you have any questions about participating in this effort, please send to Brandon Wick (bwick@linuxfoundation.org) and Louis Illuzzi (lilluzzi@contractor.linuxfoundation.org).


ONE Summit Update


5G Cloud Native Network Demo/POC Update

  • Smaller team has spun off in to bi-weekly calls during opposite weeks on Tuesdays at 12:00 PM PT. May alternate with later time to get India attendees. Next call is June 22. Email bwick@linuxfoundation.org and lilluzzi@contractor.linuxfoundation.org for a meeting invite. Meeting notes here: https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/x/EodXAw.
  • Core netwoirk slicing in progress; going well
    • Developed custom custom module for this core – may need to discuss with Magma team
    • Action Item – Discuss w/ Magma team anything learned from ONAP integration w/ the commercial solutions (Amar Kapadia  to help set up deep dive)
    • Question about OCN project in TIP vs. Magma  – OCN is developing specifications for compliance; Magma is open source code implementation aligned with OCN
    • Magma is officially an open project within the Linux Foundation now
  • Need to deploy the RAN


Share some feedbacks from the "ONAP For Enterprise" Task Force

  • Update next time.


5G SBP Diagrams- Technical Deep Dive - Amar

Timo Perala – In "ONAP for Enterprise Business" Task Force a question was raised: What is the plan to communicate with other open source communities mentioned in 5G SBP diagrams? Communities beyond ONAP and Magma. These are e.g. Anuket, Akraino, LF Edge. (See https://wiki.onap.org/display/DW/TSC+Task+Force%3A+ONAP+for+Enterprise+Business, notes from June 23rd session.) Timely engagement important to facilitate communities' planning. O-RAN SC (OSC) falls on this group of communities. Trishan de Lanerolleto help coordinate with OSC.

Heather Kirksey– Phase I focus – ONAP/Magma integration and proving traffic and pass through

Boris Mimeur– CENGN may be able to provide lab space for this first phase; Amar Kapadiato communicate hardware specs. 

Terminology ex. use case, feature, private 5G network - Heather


5G SBP Work Streams 

Get Involved! Find an area where you can contribute. 

  • Diagrams
  • Build Documentation- video and print
  • Rules of the Road
  • LFN TAC Whitepaper 
  • ONAP Enterprise Working Group Alignment + Integration (Prabhjot)
  • LFN Project alignment work (Anuket, ODIM, ONAP, etc.)
  • Mapping Features & Dependencies
  • ONES Demo support
  • ONES Booth support


AOB

  • Legal: Heather in discussions with LF legal team on license types. 



Parking Lot:

  • Projects Integration

    • Align with ONAP Enterprise WG Concepts 
    • Code will be be upstreamed wherever possible. 
    • 2 Types of Artifacts: 1). Contributions to upstream code. 2.) Non-code elements, etc. 
    • Legal: Heather in discussions with LF legal team on license types. 
  • Magma demo integration post ONES
  • The LFN TAC is interested in helping promote and move the 5G Super Blueprint forward. It has been proposed to present 5G Super Blueprint to the TAC on Wednesday 04/07.
  • Status on current work
  • Leveraging 5G Cloud Native Network Demo (Proof of Concept) 2021
  • 5G Super Blueprint Criteria
    • Open source components where available
    • Proprietry components where Open Source component does not exist or is not compatible
    • LFN TAC Consult
  • Blueprint Outputs (scrips, docs, mode/Yaml/Yang files). Do it in stages.
    • Establish forcing function
    • Consider leveraging Akraino best practices
  • Establish upstreaming process
  • 5G Super Blue Print Playbook
  • Establish joint/cross project repos
    • Separate demo and 5G Super BP Jiras
    • Jira cross tagging- need IT discussion



  • No labels