|Sriram Rupanagunta||Aarna Networks|
|Ranny Haiby||LFN TAC, Samsung|
|Jim St. Leger||Intel Corp|
|Hanen Garcia||Red Hat|
- LF Anti-trust Compliance Notice
- 5G Super Blueprint Overview
- Working Group Logistics
- 5G Cloud Native Network Status
- Demo Playbooks
- Demo Marketing
- Next Meeting
- We will start by mentioning the project's Antitrust Policy, which you can find linked from the LF and project websites. The policy is important where multiple companies, including potential industry competitors, are participating in meetings. Please review and if you have any questions, please contact your company legal counsel. Members of the LF may contact Andrew Updegrove at the firm Gesmer Updegrove LLP, which provides legal counsel to the LF.
5G Super Blueprint Overview
New Article on Linux Foundation website: https://linuxfoundation.org/en/blog/how-open-source-communities-are-driving-5gs-future-even-within-a-large-government-like-the-us/
New Landing Page on LFN website: https://www.lfnetworking.org/5g-super-blueprint/
Amar Kapadia made a presentation at ONEEF. See Slides here.
- Concern raised about using commercial RAN in 5G Super Blueprint. The intent is to move to all open source for platform components, e.g Open RAN and Open Core.
- O-RAN and OPEN RAN go beyond 3GPP specs to define new architecture, interfaces and deployments options.
- Any proprietary elements used in the demo will be purely 3GPP based and therefore interchangeable
- Lincoln Lavoie Can look into linking labs together if needed
Industry Drivers: US GOVE OPS / OPS 5G involvement. Recognition that many of these components to build exist in open source.
Starting with open core and open RAN as a default. Initial slides are a suggestion, inspired by OPS 5G.
Working Group Logistics
Proposal: Use the foundation built by the LFN Demo: 5G Cloud Native Network working group as the "home" of the 5G Super Blueprint.
Track 1: Current Demo: 5G Cloud Native Network + RAN Integration + Network Slicing. Goal: Publish and promote working demo in Summer/Fall
Track 2: 5G Super Blueprint: In parallel, built a 5G Super Blueprint (specs, scripts, instructions, etc) covering the phases presented earlier.
The tracks will use the SAME: Wiki, Mailing List, Slack Channel, & Meeting Schedule (to start). As needed, we could potentially split out a separate 5G Super Blueprint call, sub-section of the wiki, Slack Group, etc.
FlexRAN + Altran RAN + OpenShift Containers Update (Hanen/Rajat/Sam)
Sveto gave an update. Faraday Cage has been built! Needs to installed, radio being shipped soon. Intel team testing in San Diego first, then deploying in Montreal. Includes FlexRAN + Altran. Future Step: Magma integration.
5G Radio Update (Sriram V)
Radio from GenxComm will be packaged up and shipped to Montreal soon.
E2E 5G Slicing Update (Sriram R)
Sriram Gave an update. Track 1: Replicate ORAN slicing in UNH Lab. DONE! Core slicing with simulator. Guilin + Honolulu. Track 2: Hook up to Altran 5G core. Work in progress.
There was a question from Wavelabs on expectations for participation. Demo participants are free to identify the components where they would like to contribute.
We need to better define demo artifacts and components for reusability.
How To Page: How to replicate the demo page now moved over to LFN Wiki: https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/x/aYEZAw. Demo participants from last time: Please review and add your demo contribution set up.
Video Series: We'll be using this How to guide for short video interviews with demo participants that we'll also turn into blog and promote through LF/LFN channels.
This will keep our marketing active and help us lead up to and promote the next demo version to be unveiled in the Summer/Fall.
The next meeting will be on Tuesday, April 6th, 8:00 AM PT. Brandon will be OO but Louis, Amar, and Hanen will run the meeting.
Questions: Ask them on the mailing list and Slack Channel.