Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Meeting Recording

Chat File


Attendance

Please enter you name and company. Tag yourself using LF ID User Name. Don't have an LF ID yet? Go here: https://myprofile.lfx.linuxfoundation.org/.

NameCompany
Linux Foundation
Brandon WickLinux Foundation
Ganesh VenkatramanKaloom
Heather KirkseyHeather Kirksey
Kader KhanWavelabs
Neil HoffNIWC Pacific
Suresh GorijavoluWavelabs
Martin Skorupskihighstreet technologies (O-RAN-SC OAM PTL)
Intel
Parthiban NalliamudaliWavelabs Technoligies Inc.
Amar KapadiaAarna Networks
Tracy Van BrakleAT&T (O-RAN WG10, TIFG, UCTG, MVP-C)
Satish Sadagopan IBM










                        

Agenda:

  • Start Recording- helps facilitate minutes and Action Items
  • Antitrust
  • Welcome 1st Time Attendees
  • Invitation to Collaborate on the Agenda and Discussion Topics
  • Marketing Update
  • 5G Cloud Native Demo Documentation Update
  • Roadmap Refresh
  • Architecture & Adjacent Communities
    • Proposal for 5G SBP Requirements Advisory Group
    • Proposal for Every other Tuesday
  • Workstream Updates
  • Action Items
  • Any Other Business

###################################

LF Anti-trust

  • We will start by mentioning the project's Antitrust Policy, which you can find linked from the LF and project websites. The policy is important where multiple companies, including potential industry competitors, are participating in meetings. Please review and if you have any questions, please contact your company legal counsel. Members of the LF may contact Andrew Updegrove at the firm Gesmer Updegrove LLP, which provides legal counsel to the LF.


Welcome 1st Time Attendees

Welcome all. new attendees. If you have any questions about participating in this community, please contact Louis Illuzzi (lilluzzi@linuxfoundation.org).

5G Super Blueprint Overview and Getting Started


Invitation

  • In an effort to get even more community input on the agenda and the discussion topics we are using the groups.io mailing list to send an invitiation to contribute to the meeting agenda. The invitations are set to go on the Monday prior to each bi-weekly meeting.


Marketing Update (Brandon)

Events Reminder:

LFN Badging Program

  • "LF Networking 5G Super Blueprint" Badges being awarded to all 40 contributors to last version of the 5G SBP Demo last fall.
  • Will be following up with some of you for some team member email addresses. 


5G Cloud Native Demo Documentation Update

  • Document as you build, document as you code
  • Community participation & input is key to success
  • Documentation Repo: https://github.com/5G-Super-Blue-Print/5G-Cloud-Native-Demo-Documentation-2021. Thank you Wavelabs Team!
    • Parthiban presented status update of March 08: Link to presentation
    • Cloud Native 5G Super Blueprint_Draft 0.2 is in progress
    • Interviews with Kaloom is completed. Information is being added to the document.
    • Next Steps:
      • Developer interview with Turnium
      • Developer interview with A10 for Next Gen Firewall
      • Developer interview with GenXCcomm for RAN
      • Planning a 30 minute sesssion with Rebaca to understand and close on previously submitted documentation
    • Wavelabs offered that developers can send any notes, sketches, diagrams to them when available to assist with documentation. What is the best Wavelabs contact to use?
  • Reference:


Roadmap Refresh

  • As the 5G SBP has evolved the roadmap needs to evolve as well. Call out to the community to help with roadmap refresh.
  • Here are my suggested DRAFT slides. Please provide feedback! 


Architecture and Adjacent Communities

  • Proposal for 5G Super Blueprint Requirements Advisory Group
    • Proposed Role (draft): identify use cases, requirments, architecture, platform component roles and ensure alignment among the participating communities.
    • The need for such a group was confirmeed and formally requested during the March DTF
  • Proposal to use the off Tueday for working meetings - Tuesday 03/15 is DTF
  • ONAP/EMCO Alignment updates -
    • A meeting was held on March 10- to finalize plan for DTF
    • Next Steps:
      • DTF sessions the week of March 14.
  • ORAN Alignment
    • Dedicated meeting to work through use cases and alignment. (MWC avoidance)
    • Proposed starting points-
      • Look at O-RAN reference architecture
      • Start putting together use cases among open source communities - Martin
    • Potential workstreams- (picking up the discussion from 02/22)
      • Plugfest (June 2022) focusing on 5G SBP and Multi-Operator RAN (reference Dec 2021- Multi-Operator RAN- Tracy)
    • Is there an ORAN (preferably ORAN-SC) implemention available that can be installed? Wavelabs offered to open their lab for this
  • GenXcomm offering 5G RAN (RU + CU/DU)
    • Work that can be started now:
      • Coordination between GenXcomm, Wavelabs, UNH.
        • Kader offered to setup lab in India. Would need help setting up radio in India.
      • GenXcomm RAN server requirements.
      • ORAN-SC implementation - Alex Stancu can help
  • Monthly Magma call- add details and logistics
    • Joint marketing opportunties - Heather. Kader advises #magma-outreach-committee is a good way to contact folks working Magma Marketing
    • Catherine- need awareness on requirements. 1. Submit to community directly, 2. Work with Wavelabs.
      • Catherine to resend specifics of requirements
      • Magma feature submission: https://github.com/magma/grants/issues => Issues 36,37 and 38 have been submitted to cover ONAP Requirements
      • Here is the list of requirements to support ONAP/Magma Integration, supported by Neil Hoff (OPS 5G Customer):
        • We want to move forward with our Network slicing use case therefore we would like to know if there is any feedback on the presentation (ONAP/Magma Service Assurance Integration – KPIs) made by Jorge Hernandez-Herrero last year
        • What would be the Magma KPIs to support Network Slicing?
        • During our Integration with Magma, an issue has been identified: Magma K8s resources need to be installed in different namespaces, and therefore be split into separate Helm packages. Is there a delivery date from Magma to deliver it? thanks
      • Kader and Suresh offered to create requirements document capturing ONAP requirtements for Magma


https://www.linkedin.com/posts/kaderkhan_decoding5gzone-activity-6902687793781231617-EEFO


Workstreams

  • ONAP/Magma Integration #1
    •  - CBA and Helm repos?
    •  - Ran out of time for update
    •  Yogendra: Working on a Helm chart issue by splitting them up. Access gateway. Small infra changes. We'll them be taking up the Magma orchestrator. Is there any specific help from Magma needed (Suresh)? Yes, that would be a great help (orchestrator charts). Suresh and Yogendra to synch offline. Helm chart fixes will require namespace changes (the ideal path). There is also a workaround to force all namespaces to be the same. The community agrees this is not the ideal long-term solution. It was requested that the Magma community, led by Suresh (Wavelabs) work with Yogen to package the Helm charts with namespace corrections as the long-term solution. Suresh to consult with Magma community if this will lead to any conflicts with Magma namespace as it exists today.
  • ONAP/Magma Topic: #2
    •  
    •  - Ran out of time for update
    •  Wavelabs + Rebaca making good progress (in Wavelabs lab) on integration. Before Magma 1.7 come out, we'd like to replicate this in the community labs (by cloning). If using Wavelabs for community use, need to address some issues (e.g. jumphost set up as a trusted host). Can a jumphost be set up at Kaloom and/or UNH? Hanen/Suresh/Amar looking into it. Option may be to connect the labs. Reference- UNH lab is used for 5G resources (Amar).
  • 5G RAN:
    •  What workstreams can begin now that GenXcomm is onboard?
    •  Need to check in with GennXcom and determine RAN side of 5G SBP (CU/DU). Catherine suggestion: Bring this to the ORAN-SC community (Tracy + Martin). LF Staff to make connection. 


Action Items (open)

Action Items (completed)


Any Other Business



********** Parking Lot **************

  •  ONAP/Magma Integration - Service Assurance - KPI Network Slicing. This is being tracked by ONAP for Enterprise Task Force. Will come into play in the 5G SBP down the line.



  • No labels