Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Meeting Recording

Chat File


Attendance

Please enter you name and company. Tag yourself using LF ID User Name. Don't have an LF ID yet? Go here: https://myprofile.lfx.linuxfoundation.org/.

NameCompany
Linux Foundation
Martin Skorupskihighstreet technologies
representing on this call O-RAN-SC OAM project (smile)
Brandon WickLinux Foundation
Heather WillsonLinux Foundation
Alex Stancu

highstreet technologies

representing O-RAN-SC SIM project

Gervais-Martial NguekoAT&T
Parthiban NalliamudaliWavelabs
Yogendra PalAarna Networks
Suresh GorijavoluWavelabs
Hanen GarciaRed Hat
UNH-IOL (hosts the Anuket LaaS systems / infrastructure)
American Tower *
Ali TizghadamTELUS *
Satish Sadagopan Satish SadagopanIBM *
Tracy Van BrakleAT&T (O-RAN WG10, TIFG, UCTG, MVP-C)






                        

Agenda:

  • Start Recording- helps facilitate minutes and Action Items
  • Antitrust
  • Welcome 1st Time Attendees
  • Invitation to Collaborate on the Agenda and Discussion Topics
  • Marketing Update
  • Events
  • 5G Cloud Native Demo Documentation Update
  • Roadmap Refresh
  • Architecture & Adjacent Communities
  • Workstream Updates
  • AOB

###################################

LF Anti-trust

  • We will start by mentioning the project's Antitrust Policy, which you can find linked from the LF and project websites. The policy is important where multiple companies, including potential industry competitors, are participating in meetings. Please review and if you have any questions, please contact your company legal counsel. Members of the LF may contact Andrew Updegrove at the firm Gesmer Updegrove LLP, which provides legal counsel to the LF.


Welcome 1st Time Attendees

Welcome all. new attendees. If you have any questions about participating in this community, please contact Louis Illuzzi (lilluzzi@linuxfoundation.org).


Invitation

  • In an effort to get even more community input on the agenda and the discussion topics we are using the groups.io mailing list to send an invitiation to contribute to the meeting agenda. The invitations are set to go on the Monday prior to each bi-weekly meeting. First invitation went out on 02/21. Lets try this out to see how it goes.


Marketing Update (Brandon)

  • Feb 29 - Mar 3: Mobile World Congress
    • We're updating the 5G SBP Keynote slide deck, incorporating new LFN messaging, documentation, etc.
    • Planning to attend? Please let us know.
  • March 14-15: LFN DTF Workshop
    • Add it to your calendar (no reg)
    • 5G Super Blueprint topics under development
  • April 12-14: Open Networking & Edge Executive Forum
    • Register early!
    • 5G Super Blueprint Update under development (Amar/Heather)
  • May 16: Cloud Native Telco Day at KubeCon
    • Submission made (Hanen/Amar) (More on this Below)
  • LFN Landscape
    • 5G Super Blueprint Tab under development
    • Starting to outline how to visually represent the initiative. (More on this next time)

Events

  • LFN Developer & Testing Forum - March
    • Program committee updates
  • Cloud Native Telco Day -May
    • Abstact Overview- Thank you Amar and Hanen


5G Cloud Native Demo Documentation Update

  • Community participation & input will be key to success
  • Status: Developer interviews with Kaloom are next
  • Initial 0.1 draft of User Guide Document has been provided. 
  • Next Steps:
    • Review 0.1 draft (limited audience) primarily to identify gaps and determine what additional interviews are needed.
    • Conduct additional interviews as needed. Anyone interested in being interviewed for document content who has not received an invite or has not responded?
    • Roll out review to a larger audience.
  • Reference:


Roadmap Refresh

  • As the 5G SBP has evolved the roadmap needs to evolve as well. Call out to the community to help with roadmap refresh.


Architecture and Adjacent Communities

  • ONAP/EMCO alignment updates - proposals in progress from both communities
    • Put a meeting on the calendar for next week. (Wednesday)
  • GenXcomm offering 5G RAN (RU + CU/DU)
  • ORAN-SC out reach
    • ORAN/ONAP call- Service mgt and orchestration. What can be reused from there? Align use cases between ORAN/ONAP/5G SBP
    • Reference: www.o-ran.org
    • Next steps:
      • dedicate meeting time to work through alignment
      • Look at Reference arch for o-ran
      • Create wiki to look at the various use cases among communities. Martin to help lead

Workstreams

  • ONAP/Magma Integration #1
    •  -
    •  Yogendra: Working on a Helm chart issue by splitting them up. Access gateway. Small infra changes. We'll them be taking up the Magma orchestrator. Is there any specific help from Magma needed (Suresh)? Yes, that would be a great help (orchestrator charts). Suresh and Yogendra to synch offline. Helm chart fixes will require namespace changes (the ideal path). There is also a workaround to force all namespaces to be the same. The community agrees this is not the ideal long-term solution. It was requested that the Magma community, led by Suresh (Wavelabs) work with Yogen to package the Helm charts with namespace corrections as the long-term solution. Suresh to consult with Magma community if this will lead to any conflicts with Magma namespace as it exists today.
  • ONAP/Magma Topic: #2
    •  -
    •  Wavelabs + Rebaca making good progress (in Wavelabs lab) on integration. Before Magma 1.7 come out, we'd like to replicate this in the community labs (by cloning). If using Wavelabs for community use, need to address some issues (e.g. jumphost set up as a trusted host). Can a jumphost be set up at Kaloom and/or UNH? Hanen/Suresh/Amar looking into it. Option may be to connect the labs. Reference- UNH lab is used for 5G resources (Amar).
  • 5G Radio:
    •  What workstreams can begin now that GenXcomm is onboard?
    •  Need to check in with GennXcom and determine RAN side of 5G SBP (CU/DU). Catherine suggestion: Bring this to the ORAN-SC community (Tracy + Martin). LF Staff to make connection. 


Action Items (open)

Action Items (completed)


AOB



********** Parking Lot **************

  •  ONAP/Magma Integration - Service Assurance - KPI Network Slicing. This is being tracked by ONAP for Enterprise Task Force. Will come into play in the 5G SBP down the line.



  • No labels