Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Welcome to the April Virtual Technical Meetings!

Closeup Of A Vintage Bell System Telephone Switchboard With Headest Stock Image - Image of ...

Normally we'd post a photograph of the meeting city, so instead enjoy this image of a vintage switchboard!

REGISTER: https://events.linuxfoundation.org/lfn-technical-meetings-spring/

LFN Technical Meetings Spring 2020, April 21-23

The LFN Technical Meetings for CNTT/OPNFV and ONAP are being held concurrently over three days, April 21 - 23. This virtual event takes the place of the in-person meetings originally planned after ONES North America in Los Angeles. Registration is required and registrants can attend any of the LFN Technical Meeting sessions as desired. This is the first fully virtual event of this type for LF Networking. We thank you for your patience and also welcome your feedback and suggestions. Attendees will be asked to complete a short survey post-event.

CNTT: The Common NFVI Telecom Taskforce (CNTT) is a collaborative effort from GSMA and the Linux Foundation launched in June, 2019. Its mission is to define a common NFV infrastructure to simplify the development and deployment of virtualized networking applications for the telecom industry. This gathering will be an opportunity to advance work on the Reference Architecture and Reference Model and address implementation considerations for OPNFV and the OPNFV Verification Program (OVP).

ONAP: The ONAP community will be hosting meetings for alignment of architecture, modeling, security and other aspects of system design as we look toward future releases of the platform.

Logistics

The Schedule can be found here: https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/x/zQoQAg

Registration to the event is required for all attendees. Register via CVENT Here.

Registration helps the LFN staff better to anticipate attendance, allocate resources, and measure community engagement. Thank you for taking this important step.

Materials

Presenters, please remember to link your topic materials are linked to your session in the schedule.

Meeting Participation

All sessions shown on schedule are accessible via the (experimental) Qiqo Chat: https://lfn.qiqochat.com/events OR via the zoom bridge shown in the track (column) header on the schedule above.

New to Qiqo?  You can find a Qiqo Chat Account Creation & Demo here: https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/x/5wkQAg

Please feel free to use the Hallway track rooms in Qiqo for ad hoc meeting discussions. If you'd like to announce a particular ad hoc discussion, please add it to the schedule in the appropriate Hallway column in the schedule above.

Please use the main Qiqo Chat for overall event questions/issues; please use the zoom chat capabilities for interactions within a particular session.

Finally, please join us for the post event Social Hour at the conclusion of the event. This will be a time to gather more informally with your colleagues and have some fun, more casual conversations and to celebrate the end of several days of intense collaborative progress. 


Feedback

Please provide ongoing real-time feedback for the event here: https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/x/bQoQAg

We will also be sending out a post-event attendee survey that we hope all of you will complete.






Topics

<Sample Topic>

  • Short Description:  One line description of topic

  • Community:  CNTT, OPNFV or ONAP
  • Detailed Description: Detailed description of topic
  • Topic Leader(s): name 1, name 2, ...
  • Scribe (Capture important commentary and record action items): name1, name2
  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): name1
  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.

ONAP: Password removal continued and no hardcoded passwords for a new code 

  • Short Description:  One line description of topic

  • Community:  ONAP
  • Detailed Description: Continuation of efforts in removing hardcoded passwords in ONAP
  • Topic Leader(s): Krzysztof Opasiak 
  • Scribe (Capture important commentary and record action items): name1, name2
  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): name1
  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.
  • Expected duration: 30 mins
  • Interested In Attending: Pawel Pawlak Samuli Kuusela Tony Hansen

ONAP: Communication matrix 

  • Short Description:  Review of the Communication matrix status for an external communication in DCAE context

  • Community:  ONAP
  • Detailed Description: Detailed description of topic
  • Topic Leader(s): Natacha Mach 
  • Scribe (Capture important commentary and record action items): name1, name2
  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Natacha Mach name1
  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.
  • Expected duration: 30 mins
  • Interested In Attending: Pawel Pawlak Samuli Kuusela

ONAP: Package upgrade strategy - security aspects

  • Short Description:  Review of the Package upgrade strategy and progress made

  • Community:  ONAP
  • Detailed Description: Review of the new process and guidelines prepared for ONAP projects
  • Topic Leader(s): Pawel Pawlak Amy Zwarico 
  • Scribe (Capture important commentary and record action items): name1, name2
  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Pawel Pawlak
  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.
  • Expected duration: 30 mins
  • Interested In Attending: . 

ONAP: VNF security requirements

  • Short Description:  Continuation of VNF secirity requirements updates

  • Community:  ONAP
  • Detailed Description: Set of requirements under review
  • Topic Leader(s): Amy Zwarico 
  • Scribe (Capture important commentary and record action items): name1, name2
  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Amy Zwarico 
  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.
  • Expected duration: 60 mins
  • Interested In Attending: Pawel Pawlak  Samuli Kuusela

ONAP: Logs management evolution

  • Short Description:  From security perspective this topic is very important and unfortunately not progressing in ONAP

  • Community:  ONAP
  • Detailed Description
    • Draft recommendation idea:

      1. common place for data - all applications should generate logs that can be collected by Kubernetes (rtarget for G release)
      2. common format for data - format of minimum data that we want that is usefull (target for H release)
  • Topic Leader(s): Pawel Pawlak 
  • Scribe (Capture important commentary and record action items): name1, name2
  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Pawel Pawlak 
  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.
  • Expected duration: 30 mins
  • Interested In AttendingSamuli Kuusela Srinivasa Addepalli  Tony Hansen

ONAP: Service Mesh analysis as alternative for part of ONAP AAF (policy enforcement)


ONAP and CNTT Security alignment meeting

  • Short Description:  Sharing between both projects progress in the security domains

  • Community:  CNTT and ONAP
  • Detailed Description
  • Topic Leader(s): Samuli Kuusela Pawel Pawlak
  • Scribe (Capture important commentary and record action items): Pawel Pawlak 
  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): name1
  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.
  • Expected duration: 30 mins
  • Interested In Attending:. Pawel Pawlak Hampus Tjäder

ONAP: Akraino reference for security documentation

  • Short Description:  Review of best practices implemented in Akraino taht could be used for ONAP

  • Community:  ONAP
  • Detailed Description
  • Topic Leader(s): Amy Zwarico 
  • Scribe (Capture important commentary and record action items): 
  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Amy Zwarico
  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.
  • Expected duration: 30 mins
  • Interested In Attending: Pawel Pawlak  Samuli Kuusela Hampus Tjäder

ONAP: Holistic view of ONAP security


ONAP: SECCOM Guilin security requirements update

  • Short Description:  Review of priorities for Guilin release from Security Subcommittee perspective with split into priorities.

  • Community:  ONAP
  • Detailed Description:
    • Priority1:
      • Updates of the languages (java from v8 -> v11 and Python 2.7 -> to 3.x) – Interns from LFN could be gained

      • Updates of directly dependent software components (Here we are thinking about benefiting from LFN Interns that could support projects in their packages upgrades, in addition the new version of Nexus-IQ is able to display components with direct and indirect dependencies, we should define priorities, release manager should help in coordination between projects) 

      • Automated security testing – containers not running as root – SDNC good example 

      • Increase the number of CIS Docker Benchmark checks in the Integration healthchecks.

    • Priority2:
      • Secrets management

      • No root access to the DB from main application container. Currently we have some pods (i.e. OOF) that require root access to their mariadb-galera instance for main application to work. This is obviously a security issue. Each application should have its own DB account that allows to access only its own DB.

      • All config files inside the main container should be ReadOnly There are some weird design like in APPC where main container modifies properties provided by the user at runtime. I believe that application configuration should be read only.

    • Priority3:
      • Increase of code coverage (to be honest in Frankfurt release it seems that not that much happened) – each project was supposed to propose a % feasible for them and follow the actions to achieve it.

      • CII badging

    • High priority SECCOM initiative - service mesh recommendation
    • SECCOM initiative: OJSIs to be solved

    • SECCOM initiative: https communication

    • SECCOM initiative: User access management
    • SECCOM initiative:: ONAP MVP 

    • SECCOM initiative: Flow management 

    • SECCOM initiative: Logs management

  • Topic Leader(s): Pawel Pawlak , Amy Zwarico Krzysztof Opasiak Tony Hansen Natacha Mach
  • Scribe (Capture important commentary and record action items): Amy Zwarico
  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Pawel Pawlak
  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.
  • Expected duration: 60 mins
  • Interested In AttendingPawel Pawlak Samuli Kuusela Hampus Tjäder Tony Hansen

ONAP: ETSI NFV modeling and API

  • Short Description:  The alignment of modeling between ONAP and ETSI NFV is important for the commercial deployment based on ONAP, this slot will summary what we have achieved and and identify the future cooperation work between modeling and API
  • Community: ONAP
  • Detailed Description: Agenda
  • Topic Leader(s):  Andy Mayer, DENG Hui
  • Scribe (Capture important commentary and record action items): Andy Mayer, DENG Hui
  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Andy Mayer, DENG Hui
  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  Andy Mayer, DENG Hui.
  • Expected duration: 30 mins
  • Interested In Attending: Andy Mayer, Benjamin Cheung Hui Deng Xu Yang shitao li Kamel Idir

ONAP: Container Modeling

  • Short Description:  ONAP historically mostly documented the VM modeling, and now it moves into the cloudnative solution, so container modeling need to be documented as well,  related documentation 1) Introduction of K8S module in MultiVIM project and 2) Invite K8S PoC could be found here:  https://wiki.onap.org/display/DW/Modeling+2020-04-07

  • Community: ONAP
  • Detailed Description: Agenda
  • Topic Leader(s):  Andy Mayer, Hui Deng
  • Scribe (Capture important commentary and record action items): Andy Mayer, DENG Hui
  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Andy Mayer, DENG Hui
  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  Andy Mayer, DENG Hui
  • Expected duration: 45 mins
  • Interested In Attending: Andy Mayer, Hui Deng Xu Yang shitao li Amar Kapadia Srinivasa Addepalli Victor Morales Manoj Kumar

ONAP: Test Automation DevOps and CI/CD

  • Short Description: Show test automation demo with ONAP components and discuss how to leverage Devops and CI/CD  to  achieve test automation and continuous testing

  • Community: ONAP
  • Detailed Description
    • Demonstration:  leverage ONAP projects to build VNF end-to-end testing which will achieve automatic test topology design, automatic test environment deployment, automatic test execution and the test results collection
    • Open discussion 
      • How to apply test frameworks in CI / CD? the integrated options?
      • how to leverage DevOps and CI/CD techniques across the boundary from SW provider to service provider? how to build the joint pipeline between SW provider and service provider?
  • Topic Leader(s):  Yan Yang
  • Scribe (Capture important commentary and record action items):TBD
  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Yan Yang
  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  Yan Yang
  • Expected duration: 45 mins
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.



OPNFV: Hardware Delivery Validation tools demostration

  • Short Description:  A demo of HDV implementation based on redfish interface.

  • Community:  OPNFV
  • Detailed Description
    • The HDV tool is currently in CIRV project. It provide interface and status check for hardware for the preparation of infrastructure software deployment, following the requirement from CNTT RI chp5
    •  introduction of the hdv tools, (principle, configuration file instruciton, opnfv repos location)
    •  demo on a lab server, current tool usage, configuration extension. etc.
  • Topic Leader(s):  Liang Chen
  • Scribe (Capture important commentary and record action items): name1, name2
  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Qiao Fu
  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  Qiao Fu
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.



ONAP: Control Loop Sub Committee Guilin Requirements



ONAP: Requirements Sub-Committee -  Guilin Proposed Requirements


ONAP: 5G & PNF Use Case Team -  Guilin Presentation


OPNFV: Telemetry Reports & Closed-Loop Automation

  • Short Description:  Presentation on platform telemetry insights & demos of closed loop automation use cases.

  • Community:  OPNFV
  • Detailed Description
    • Introduce platform telemetry insights & how these actionable insights play a role in life cycle management
    • Present framework to provide derived metrics from TST001
    • Introduce advanced platform telemetry options
    • Unified collector code base approach for Telegraf, Prometheus Node Exporter & Collectd
    • Share demos on closed loop automation enterprise use cases
  • Topic Leader(s): sunku ranganath
  • Scribe (Capture important commentary and record action items): sunku ranganath
  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): TBD
  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  TBD
  • Interested In AttendingPawel Pawlak  Gervais-Martial Ngueko



OPNFV: New Release Process

  • Short Description:  Discussion of details and agreements leading up to a new release process.

  • Community:  OPNFV (CNTT)
  • Detailed Description: Previous Presentation
  • Topic Leader(s): David McBride
  • Scribe (Capture important commentary and record action items): Sofia Wallin (proposed) Qiao Fu
  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Al Morton
  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host,
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.



OPNFV's overall progress against CNTT Requirements pre-Baldy Release

  • Short Description:  Review OPNFV's overall process to respond to CNTT Requirements pre-Baldy Release

  • Community:  OPNFV and CNTT
  • Detailed Description:
    • Overall Requirements Review (CIRV coverage status (Mar 31))
    • Test Identification
    • Requirements clarifications
    • Ref Instantiation and automation of deployment and testing
    • X-testing output to test-db, Web portal, and badging process
    • Demos
  • Topic Leader(s): Al Morton Cedric Ollivier
  • Scribe (Capture important commentary and record action items): Sofia Wallin (proposed) Qiao Fu
  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Mark Beierl
  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host,
  • Interested In Attending:



OPNFV: Weekly TSC Meeting - Usual time for 1 hour

  • Short Description:  Discussion, Decisions, and all topics of importance to OPNFV.

  • Community:  OPNFV
  • Detailed DescriptionAgenda available a few days in advance
  • Topic Leader(s): Al Morton
  • Scribe (Capture important commentary and record action items): Mark Beierl
  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Jim Baker
  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host,
  • Interested In Attending: All are welcome to attend, only TSC members can vote.

OPNFV 2.0

  • Short Description:  Introduce the change that will introduce for OPNFV 2.0.

  • Community:  OPNFV
  • Detailed Description
    • This is an opportunity for the wider community to learn about what happens to OPNFV 2.0 and understand the reason and motivation
    • will give a detailed introduction on what exactly will change for OPNFV 2.0, and what everyone could do to help
    • open discussion for further working items and feedback for OPNFV 2.0
  • Topic Leader(s):  Qiao Fu
  • Scribe (Capture important commentary and record action items): name1, name2
  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): 
  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.

OPNFV Project Briefs: Project overviews and status

  • Short Description:  Provide a short and sweet overview on several OPNFV projects, including the most recent achievements and status

  • Community:  OPNFV
  • Detailed Description
    • Project & Status overview on several projects - with the objective to raise awareness of what the different projects are doing, have recently achieved and are currently working on.
    • The overviews should help build bridges between different projects and raise interest with potential new participants/contributors to these projects
    • Candidate projects that have voiced interest in pitching a "short & sweet overview and status":
      • Calipso (@Koren Lev)
      • FDS/networking-vpp (@Onong Tayeng)
      • NFVbench (Alec Hothan , Cedric Ollivier , Francois Regis Menguy) - This will be a bit longer (30 minutes or more) as we will be presenting an update on the NFVbench data plane benchmarking tool, how it is used and deployed in labs and production by operators, how it is getting integrated in Xtesting for use on the CNTT/RI 
      • ...
  • Topic Leader(s):  Frank Brockners
  • Scribe (Capture important commentary and record action items): name1, name2
  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): 
  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.

OPNFV: Test API and Testdb



All Communitites: Cloud Native OVP

  • Short Description:  Discussion of Cloud Native OVP (OVP 2.0) and cross-community action items

  • Community:  CNTT, OPNFV, ONAP, CVC
  • Detailed Description: As we continue to bootstrap the cloud-native OVP program, let's bring together the R2 track attendees, those working on cloud-native/CNFs in ONAP, and OPNFV to share relevant updates from the technical meetings and continue to make a plan forward for progress.
  • Topic Leader(s): Heather Kirksey Catherine Lefevre Lincoln Lavoie Rabi Abdel Olivier Smith
  • Scribe (Capture important commentary and record action items): name1, 
  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Heather Kirksey
  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.
  • Expected duration: 60 mins
  • Interested In AttendingPawel Pawlak Amar Kapadia Victor Morales Manoj Kumar

ONAP:  Architecture Subcommittee (ArchCom) update, Guilin-R7 Reviews, ONAPDOCS Landing Page and more...

  • Short Description:  ArchCom updates and plans for the rest of 2020

  • Community:  ONAP
  • Detailed Description
    • Introduce the ONAPDOCS Landing Page project
    • Present the improvements to the ArchCom reviews for  the Guilin-R7 Release and beyond
      • API Documentation
      • Component Diagram updates
      • etc...
  • Topic Leader(s):  Chaker Al-Hakim
  • Scribe (Capture important commentary and record action items): NA
  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): 
  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.
  • Expected duration: 30 mins
  • Interested In AttendingPawel Pawlak


ONAP: Policy Framework Demos


ONAP: CNF Orchestration over StarlingX 3.0 Demo

  • Short Description:  Demos of deploying ONAP over StarlingX 3.0 (kubernetes 1.16.2), and orchestrating CNF (cloud native Firewall) to StarlingX 3.0.

  • Community:  ONAP
  • Detailed Description:
    • Brief the changes to OOM for deploying ONAP to StarlingX 3.0, of which the kubernetes version is 1.16.2
    • Brief the cloud native Firewall Helm Charts ready for kubernetes cluster with Multus CNI
    • The comprehensive workflow to orchestrate CNF to StarlingX 3.0
  • Topic Leader(s): Bin Yang
  • Scribe (Capture important commentary and record action items): TBD
  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time):  Bin Yang
  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  Bin Yang
  • Expected duration: 30 mins
  • Interested In AttendingPawel Pawlak Victor Morales


OPNFV Hardware acceleration solution and requirements for CNTT

  • Short Description:  Hardware Acceleration Solution and gap analysis with CNTT. Discuss and gather hardware acceleration requirements for OPNFV and CNTT. 

  • Community: OPNFV (CNTT)
  • Detailed DescriptionDescription hardware acceleration requirements and Solution, and analyzes what should be contributed to CNTTwork. Gather any 2020 requirement from open source communities that should be considered as part of the CNTT Release and beyond.  This session will include the follow 2 sub topics:
    1. Hardware acceleration Solution and requirements for CNTT
    2. vSwtich offloading requirements analysis and standard.
  • Topic Leader(s): shasha guo
  • Scribe (Capture important commentary and record action items):TBD
  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): shasha guo Ying Li
  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  shasha guo Ying Li
  • Interested In Attending:

ONAP: TCC Network Management

  • Short DescriptionUpdate on technical community coordination

  • Community:  ONAP 
  • Detailed Description: Update on ongoing coordination activities between ONAP and standards bodies in the Network Management area. Coordination with ETSI NFV and 3GPP SA5 will be brought up.
  • Topic Leader(s): Magnus Buhrgard
  • Scribe (Capture important commentary and record action items):TBD
  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Magnus Buhrgard
  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  Magnus Buhrgard
  • Expected duration: 30 mins
  • Interested In AttendingSwaminathan S

ONAP: OOM Guilin Release plan and implication to other projects

ONAP: Integration priorities for Guilin Release


All Communities: Telecom Infra Project & LFN joint exploration

  • Short Description:  Share visions and explore collaboration

  • Community:  CNTT, OPNFV, and ONAP

  • Detailed Description: Explore the overlap of the LFN projects and the Telecom Infra Project and expose opportunities to provide more value through collaboration.
  • Topic Leader(s): Rabi Abdel Heather Kirksey Ahmed El Sawaf Catherine Lefevre (TSC chairs or nominees?)
  • Scribe (Capture important commentary and record action items): name1, name2
  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): name1
  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  You can appoint an alternate host, but we recommend that the Moderator and the Host be the same person.
  • Expected duration: 30 min?
  • Interested In AttendingAmar Kapadia Victor Morales


ONAP: E2E Network Slicing 

  • Short Description:  E2E Network Slicing Planning for G release and discussion on some key tracks

  • Community:  ONAP
  • Detailed Description

    This session will include the follow 4 sub topics:

    • 1. E2E Network Slicing overall requirements in G release
    • 2. User Operation Guidance for 5G Network Slicing Use case
    • 3. RAN Slicing and Transport Slicing
    • 4. KPI monitoring, Intelligent Slicing and Closed Loop
  • Topic Leader(s): LIN MENG  Swaminathan S   Chuanyu Chen
  • Scribe (Capture important commentary and record action items): LIN MENG Swaminathan S Chuanyu Chen
  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): LIN MENG  Swaminathan S Chuanyu Chen
  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  LIN MENG Swaminathan S
  • Expected Duration: 2 hours
  • Interested In AttendingAmar Kapadia@Kamel Idir Hanif Kukkalli Manoj Kumar

ONAP: Learnings from OVP VNF Validation

  • Short Description:  Learnings from OVP VNF Validation 
  • Community:  ONAP
  • Detailed Description
    In this session, we will share our experiences in participating in the development and testing of the VNF verification tests as part of OVP badging program. We will also elaborate on our LFN Testing experiences and running the VNF verification tests for OVP badging for a commercial VNF using Robot framework. 
  • Topic Leader(s): Rajendra Prasad Mishra
  • Scribe (Capture important commentary and record action items): Sriram Rupanagunta
  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Sriram Rupanagunta
  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  Sriram Rupanagunta
  • Expected Duration: 30 minutes
  • Interested In AttendingPawel Pawlak Manoj Kumar

ONAP: CNF Deployment on OpenShift

  • Short Description:  Deploying CNFs onto OpenShift via ONAP4K8s
  • Community:  ONAP
  • Detailed DescriptionIn this session, we will describe the process of deploying CNFs on RedHat OpenShift platform by using the ONAP4K8s profile of ONAP. We will highlight the changes that need to be done in the CNF packaging to support this onboarding process, and some of the challenges that we encountered along the way.  
  • Topic Leader(s):  Sandeep Sharma
  • Scribe (Capture important commentary and record action items): Sriram Rupanagunta
  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Sriram Rupanagunta
  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  Sriram Rupanagunta
  • Expected Duration: 30 minutes
  • Interested In AttendingPawel Pawlak Samuli Kuusela Srinivasa Addepalli Victor Morales

ONAP: Developing environment for ONAP Certification exam

  • Short Description:  Developing ONAP Professional Certification exam
  • Community:  ONAP
  • Detailed DescriptionIn this session, we will share our experiences in developing the for Certified ONAP Professional exam. We will highlight few challenges involved which includes full automation of deployment, extensive use of REST interface for provisioning as well as validation of the exam. We will highlight some of the challenges (without going into any specific details) , and the feedback for future enhancements. 
  • Topic Leader(s):  Vivekanandan Muthukrishnan
  • Scribe (Capture important commentary and record action items): Sriram Rupanagunta
  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Sriram Rupanagunta
  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  Sriram Rupanagunta
  • Expected Duration: 45 minutes
  • Interested In Attending:Manoj Kumar


ONAP & OVP: All-in-One Platform for VNF Badging, Design-time(pre-onboarding) & Run-time service testing

  • Short Description:  VNF Test Platform (VTP) and its use-case at OVP badging, Operator Specific VSP compliance check and Network service active testing.
  • Community:  ONAP & OVP & TMF
  • Detailed Description: VNF Test Platform (VTP) provides features to perform the VNF testing at different phase of VNF life cycle:

Design Time validation: When Operator on-board CNF as VSP in SDC, Operator  wants to check the given CNF is confromance to their Operator Specific compliance such as security policies

Run time  validation: Once CNF is provisioned in ONAP,  it needs to be validated for sanity check and required functioanlity check.

Support LFN OVP 2.0 to support CNF conformance and CNF on-boarding vadlidations. (pre-on-boarding time)

  • Topic Leader(s):  Kanagaraj Manickam
  • Scribe (Capture important commentary and record action items): Kanagaraj Manickam
  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): TBD
  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  Kanagaraj Manickam
  • Expected Duration: 45 minutes
  • Interested In Attending:


OPNFV  NFVI Features for Edge Computing

  • Short Description:   discuss NFVI features for edge computing

  • Community: OPNFV (CNTT)
  • Detailed Description:  Edge DCs, especially district-level edge DCs, have scattered locations and poorer machine room conditions. Thus the management of edge computing should have some features, such as lightweight management system, remote access and etc. This session will discuss what features the edge NFVI  should have and provides RA/RI for CNTT.
  • Topic Leader(s): Ying Li
  • Scribe (Capture important commentary and record action items):TBD
  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Ying Lishasha guo
  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  Ying Li shasha guo
  • Expected Duration:20 mins
  • Interested In Attending:


OPNFV SDN Solution and Gap Analysis with CNTT

  • Short Description:   discuss SDN solution in data center and gap analysis with CNTT

  • Community: OPNFV (CNTT)
  • Detailed Description:  In this session, we will introduce SDN solution in Telecom Cloud and list some features to be enhanced in NFVI
  • Topic Leader(s): Ying Li
  • Scribe (Capture important commentary and record action items):TBD
  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Ying Lishasha guo
  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  Ying Li shasha guo
  • Expected Duration:20 mins
  • Interested In Attending:

OPNFV vSwitch offloading requirements analysis and standard

  • Short Description:   discuss vSwitch offloading requirements analysis and standard

  • Community: OPNFV (CNTT)
  • Detailed Description:  In this session, we will introduce vSwitch offloading requirements analysis and its standard.
  • Topic Leader(s): shasha guo
  • Scribe (Capture important commentary and record action items):TBD
  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time):shasha guo  Ying Li
  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  shasha guo Ying Li
  • Expected Duration:20 mins
  • Interested In Attending:

OPNFV K8S Multi-Interface Container Networking Performance Benchmarking for Telco Usecases

  • Short Description:  Present and Discuss the State-Of-Art and Test Methodology for multi-interface container-networking performance benchmarking.

  • Community: OPNFV (CNTT)
  • Detailed Description:  There exists no performance studies around multi-interface container-networking - considering different plugins including userspace CNIs, resource control, multiple-interfaces, packet-sizes, etc. This work, started in VSPERF, in collaboration with Academia (University of Pisa and University of Delhi), would present the current state of performance studies of Container-Networking, and the planned test-methodology.
  • Topic Leader(s): Sridhar Rao Al Morton Federica Paganelli
  • Scribe (Capture important commentary and record action items):TBD
  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): TBD
  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions): TBD
  • Expected Duration:30 mins
  • Interested In AttendingSrinivasa Addepalli Victor Morales

ONAP: ETSI alignment on the SOL004 and SOL007 standard

  • Short Description:   Discuss the steps being taken on on-boarding and designing aspects of the ETSI based package mgmt through ONAP 

  • Community: ONAP
  • Detailed Description:  In this session, we will introduce on how the ETSI based package management standards are being addressed in ONAP, how would the on-boarding, design and distribution of flows be handled and share few thoughts.
  • Topic Leader(s): Fernando Oliveira Seshu Kumar M Byung-Woo Jun
  • Scribe (Capture important commentary and record action items):TBD
  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Fernando OliveiraByung-Woo JunSeshu Kumar M
  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  Seshu Kumar M Byung-Woo Jun
  • Expected Duration:30 mins
  • Interested In Attending:

ONAP: CNF Task Force - Multi Site Orchestration with ONAP4K8s (ONAP for K8s)



ONAP: CMPv2 in G release

  • Short Description:  Present planned functionalites around CMPv2 support in Guilin release including DCAE integration and new enhancements

  • Community:  ONAP
  • Detailed Description: Session dedicated for CMPv2 support in Guilin release which includes: summary of Frankfurt contribution; new integrations: DCAE; enhancements: certificate renewal and configurable format of output artifacts
  • Topic Leader(s): Paweł Baniewski
  • Scribe (Capture important commentary and record action items): Damian Nowak
  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Damian Nowak
  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  Damian Nowak
  • Expected duration: 30 mins
  • Interested In Attending:

ONAP: Migration of DeveloperWiki Content to ReadTheDocs

  • Short Description:  Present process and tools to migrate formal ONAP documentation from the DevWiki to ReadTheDocs

  • Community:  ONAP
  • Detailed Description: Based on what we have described here and here we like to present and discuss the reason and process of content migration.
  • Topic Leader(s): Thomas Kulik Andreas Geissler
  • Scribe (Capture important commentary and record action items): Thomas Kulik
  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Thomas Kulik
  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  Thomas Kulik
  • Expected Duration:30 mins
  • Interested In AttendingSofia Wallin

ONAP: Project onboarding template for wiki

  • Short Description: Refine the current project templates provided on the wiki 

  • Community:  ONAP
  • Detailed Description: Provide a template for project proposal and project homepage with a clear instruction.
  • Topic Leader(s): Sofia Wallin Kenny Paul
  • Scribe (Capture important commentary and record action items): Kenny Paul
  • Moderator (Monitor Chat, organize questions, manage time): Sofia WallinKenny Paul
  • Host (Manage/Control Bridge functions):  Kenny Paul
  • Expected Duration:60 mins
  • Interested In Attending
  • No labels