Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.

Compare with Current View Page History

« Previous Version 33 Next »

"Engineering to Bridge....."

Let's make sure this technical team can boldly take us where no telecom has ever gone before!


This task force will focus on the operational aspects of ensuring that the new organization can function successfully as we launch.

Scope: Operation and tooling aspects including converged workspace, release processes, OVP engagement plan, 2021 planning

Join the mailing list!

Standing Meeting

Thursday 15:00 UTC (Jim Baker to update following  meeting)

Willing Sacrifices (I mean volunteers)

  1. Lincoln Lavoie
  2. Walter Kozlowski (Telstra)
  3. Georg Kunz
  4. Ulrich Kleber
  5. sunku ranganath (Intel)
  6.  Zhiqiang Yu (China Mobile)
  7. Jie Hu (ZTE)
  8. ChangJin Wang (ZTE)
  9. Ahmed ElSawaf
  10. Phil Robb
  11. Beth Cohen (Verizon)
  12. Heather Kirksey
  13. Toshiyasu Wakayama
  14. Scott Steinbrueck (AT&T)


  • Execute Structural plans in alignment with org structure decisions above
  • Propose a election schedule for new org  Jim Baker
  • Refined Active Contributor calculation to ack CNTT github contributions and verify reporting (dependency on Org/Gov criteria)
  • New subproject creation (new entities and old entities in new home) & repo creation & Project creation process (discussion in Gov group on work intake - collab w MeldGov)
  • Proposed converged workflow OR keep separate workflows - place on agenda at MeldOps   MeldOps 
  • Create any additional technical committees, working groups, other sub-groups  (list workstreams and projects in one table)
  •  Tools
    • Converge OPNFV/CNTT Confluence Space ( and respectively)  
      • Archive both current spaces, copy select content into new space
        • Active projects move to new space
      • Collapse the multi-space design of OPNFV into a flat-wiki - possibly a few different spaces, but not 1 per project
      • Generate a list of the content to preserve from the existing wikis 
      • Create new Confluence instance under new project name  
      • Build out a common wiki (sooner rather than later)  
      • Lock OPNFV and CNTT wiki Read ONLY  
    • Create issue tracking tool (gitlab?)  MeldOps 
    • Archive OPNFV Jira  
    • Create a slack instance for the new project
    • Merge CB/Insights reporting (dependency on repos and tool chain)   Jim Baker
    • Initiate discussions on additional tool merges  Trevor Bramwell
    • ReadTheDocs workflow  coordinate with Gergely Csatari
    • Ensure header files in alignment with any IPR changes (see Legal Section )  
  • Reconcile meetings and schedule management for all concerned parties – create a meeting page in the wiki and zoom bridges
  • Release process definition and Release naming conventions  MeldOps 
  • TAC inform on new merge project/OPNFV name change
  • Define mailing list - work with TPM to implement  
  • Code hygiene, code reviews and expectations - daily work methods (move to new TSC for discussion)
  • Prioritize task list and add due dates  
  • Cross education on CNTT chapters and OPNFV projects - collaboration domains  sunku ranganath
  • Determine the release plans for 2021 and meld the cloud native requirements between R*2 and Cloud Native OVP/Kubref (move to new TSC)
  • OVP branding strategy coupled with the RC2/RI2 plans (kuberef & marketing problem)
  • Define PROPOSAL for the day-in-the-life of the future TSC and discuss the needed operational support (inputs/outputs)  

  • No labels