LFN Governing Board Member Committers Representative - "All committers eligible - Cycle every year"
- The role of the LFN Governing Board Member Committers Representative (LGBMCR) is to represent the committers and contributors to LFN projects at the LFN Governing board. The expectation of the LGBMCR is to attend all LFN Governing board meetings (and any appropriate ancillary meetings), gather input from the committer community for issues raised at the board level, and to communicate to the committer community key activities from board.
- LGBMCR is elected for the 1 year. Re-election is not possible.
- Candidates must be active committers to at least one LFN project.
- Candidates can self-nominate, or be nominated by other community members. In the latter case, candidates must accept the nomination before the election is conducted.
- Candidates must be an active committer to a LFN project which differs from the LFN project that the currently servicing LGBMCR is an active committer of.
- Any person who is an “active contributor” to any LFN project (i.e. LFN TAC-projects as well as any other LFN projects) is eligible to vote for the election.
- An "Active Contributor" is defined as anyone that has made a code contribution to any LFN project in the past 12 months.
- The LFN Program Manager responsible for the TAC (LFN PM) – or a representative appointed by the TAC to conduct the LGBMCR election - kicks off the election process, announcing the start of a nomination period via email to all technical-discuss and TSC mailing lists of all LFN project.
- Nomination period (see above) is 2 weeks.
- Once the nomination period is closed, the LFN PM (or the appointed representative), starts the election
- Election uses the Condorcet method. The election period is 2 weeks.
- Once the election period is closed, the LFN PM (or the appointed representative) submits the nominee to the LFN GB for approval. Once approved, the LGBMCR is announced via email to the above mentioned mailing lists.