Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

This page is for planning breakout sessions after LFN-wide Plenary sessions on Monday morning. 

Please do not make any changes to the schedule on the first two tables below.

  • Room: K-Town 

Monday (March 26)


TitleSpeaker(s)Notes
13:00 - 14:00OPNFV releases - how to best serve the community with a release cadence

Tim Irnich, David McBride

presentation
14:00 - 14:30Scenarios consolidation: how to move forward
14:30 - 15:00Automatic integration & testing system at China Mobile

Qiao Fu, Yamei Fan


15:00 - 15:30PM Break
15:30 - 16:00

Extending CI/CD to support Cloud Native VNFs and Operations: A proposal to the community for discussion Extending CI/CD to support Cloud Native VNFs and Operations (1).pdf


16:00 - 16:30ETSI NFV & LFN collaboration – Testing
16:30 - 17:15XCI
17:15 - 18:00Pharos Specification 2.0

Tuesday (March 27)


TitleSpeaker(s)Notes
08:00 - 09:00TAC meeting in Hancock Park

09:00 - 10:00OPNFV TSC Meeting



10:00 - 10:15AM Break
10:15 - 11:30Unconference



11:30 - 12:00LFN Wrap-up session in Wilshire I




Project team meetings/hacking to be organized by project teams

On Monday, these sessions could be organized either in room Los Feliz or another hacking area on the 6th floor.
On Tuesday the K-Town room is open for unconference sessions/meetings after the TSC meeting.

Title/TopicSession Leader(s)NotesTime
Dovetail / OVP test scope for Euphrates and Fraser releases, input to test projects for Gambia release

https://etherpad.opnfv.org/p/ons_devforum_dovetail_planning

Tuesday, March 27

10:15 - 11:30

room K-Town

Doctor breakout - New use/test case for infrastructure maintenance assuring zero downtime to VNF. Other things to work in next release.https://etherpad.opnfv.org/p/ons_la_doctor

Monday

14:00 to 15:00

room: Los Feliz

Functest breakout - Gambia challenges (http://testresults.opnfv.org/functest/gambiachallenges/) and new Kubernetes testcases

Cedric Ollivier

Monday

15:00 to 16:00

room: Los Feliz

Promise breakout session: XCI integration, Blazar, test cases, ...Masahito MUROIhttps://etherpad.opnfv.org/p/ons_devforum_promise_blazar

Tuesday, March 27 10:15 - 11:30

room: K-Town

Documentation: Follow up on open issues from the hacking day, backlog items...


Tuesday, March 27 10:15 - 11:30

Room: K-Town

HA test case, current progress and plan

SFC breakout session: next steps with XCI, new test cases, ODL-SFC updates, help with deployments...https://etherpad.opnfv.org/p/ons_dev_forum_sfc

Tuesday, March 27 10:15 - 11:30

Silver Laker A

NFV Data Plane Benchmarking

Proposed Agenda (Still collecting topics and time permitting):

Quick intro on OPNFV DP benchmarking projects (if needed for those who want to have a better idea on what tools/projects are available)

OPNFV/FD.io DP projects discussion (CSIT/VSPERF/NFVbench)

DP benchmarking and OVP

DP benchmarking on ARM

Full system and production-level DP benchmarking

Latency measurement and how open source libraries can get us “out of the hole”

TST009 status and what’s next

Monday

14:00 to 15:30

room: Los Feliz



Cloud native for networking and networking for cloud native - Clover Project Fraser recap/demo and Gambia planning

Welcome anyone interested in cloud native / Clover.

Agenda:

  • Recap of Fraser accomplishments
  • Demo
  • Long term vision and Gambia release plan (using etherpad below):

Etherpad link: https://etherpad.opnfv.org/p/clover-gambia


The Unconference time slot.

Tuesday, March 27

10:15 - 11:30

room K-Town

Also monitor slack channel for any changes.

Edge cloud discussionQiao Fu

Discussion on the current work for edge cloud, what are the requirement, what are upstreams working on, what should OPNFV consider and contribute for edge

https://etherpad.opnfv.org/p/edge_cloud_discussion_in_ONS2018

Tuesday, March 27

11:30-12:30

room K-Town

Long duration test discussion
  1. Currently status of long duration testing
  2. Time-based plans, roadmap, choices, etc.
  3. Test cases discussion
  4. ...

Tuesday, March 27

11:30-12:30

room K-Town

C-RAN project work plan discussion

Rongwei

Ren

Discussion on C-RAN project for the future work plan, milestone.

The Unconference time slot.

Tuesday, March 27

10:15 - 11:30

room K-Town


Automatic integration and on-boarding system used in China Mobile's NFV infrastructure

Slides:


Original session proposals


Title/TopicSession Leader(s): name/emailNotes
1Dovetail / OVP test scope for Euphrates and Fraser releases, input to test projects for Gambia releaseGeorg Kunz (georg.kunz@ericsson.com)

https://etherpad.opnfv.org/p/ons_devforum_dovetail_planning

2Cloud native for networking and networking for cloud native - Clover Project Fraser recap/demo and Gambia planning
3Doctor - New use/test case for infrastructure maintenance assuring zero downtime to VNF. Project update.

Tomi Juvonen (tomi.juvonen@nokia.com)


4OPNFV releases - how to best serve the community with a release cadence

Tim Irnich

David McBride

Happy to have someone else (Tim Irnich, David McBride) lead this topic

1 hour?

5Promise breakout session: XCI integration, Blazar, test cases, ...Masahito MUROIhttps://etherpad.opnfv.org/p/ons_devforum_promise_blazar
6

Documentation: Follow up on open issues from the hacking day, backlog items...


7HA test case, current progress and planfuqiao(fuqiao@chinamobile.com)
8Scenarios consolidation: how to move forwardRossella Sblendido
9SFC breakout session: next steps with XCI, new test cases, ODL-SFC updates, help with deployments...Manuel Builhttps://etherpad.opnfv.org/p/ons_dev_forum_sfc
10Monitoring Stress Testing with Containerized Automated SolutionRutuja
11XCI
1 hour?
12

Pharos Specification 2.0 - Let's update with latest use cases from the community

Jack MorganThis 1 hour session will be to finalize collection feedback from community
14Edge Cloud Discussion

Qiao Fu

Yamei Fan


There are also many OPNFV-rlated topics currently listed in the LFN Developer Forum Schedule page which we might consider, if they are not accepted, including:

  • ETSI NFV and LFN collaboration
  • Cross community infra - CI/CD
  • A guide to building a Cloud Native VNF
  • K8s networking in the Telco space
  • Re-using OPNFV test frameworks in LFN
  • Managing state in Cloud Native VNFs
  • Building cloud native VNFs with a Service Mesh architecture
  • Automatic integration and onboarding system used in China Mobile's NFV infrastructure




  • No labels

5 Comments

  1. My understanding was that there will be round tables where also session can take place in parallel. Has this been changed? I am missing SFC and Promise from the above schedule.

  2. Hi Gerald, I also sent a separate email to Muroi Masahito for Promise (and the SFC team).  The sessions listed in tables for Monday/Tuesday are for formal presentations.  There will definitely be separate hacking area where project teams can work/collaborate...

  3. Ray: what do you mean by "formal presentation" are those sessions with a dedicated room? can you clarify which topics have dedicated presentation rooms? There are 3 tables above.

    For those that are not formal presentations, will there be 1 table per break out session in a large room? What is the capacity?


  4. Ray Paik: same question here as Alec: Are those unconference break-out sessions listed above really planned as "formal presentations"?

    1. OK, I think it'd definitely makes sense for me to get clarification from everyone on the type of sessions (e.g. project team hacking/discussions vs. presentation-led discussions with the entire community).  I did talk to some of the session leads, but others I made an educated guess based on descriptions under the "proposals" table (now the 3rd table on this page).  


      If you need room for project team hacking/discussions, there will be places to do that (e.g. around several round tables that can accommodate 8-10 people each) and you don't need to make any formal bookings.  What I'm listing on the "schedule" above is for formal presentations.  If you don't need a presentation slot, please let me know and I can remove from the schedule...