Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata


Please add your suggestions for the ONAP DDF below. Timeline for topic selection is:

  • Initial proposals due for review by the ONAP Program Committee 
  • Final review and selections   

There is a strong need to align the selection early.  This is response to feedback from previous events and due to the evolution of LFN events in general§

  • Expectations for stronger developer engagement
    • Less slide-ware and more doing work. Topics that are development oriented are more likely to be selected for the Prague event. Gå till slutet av bannern
  • Expectations for a better managed agenda 
    • Lots of frustration in the past over sessions getting created, changed and cancelled in an adhoc fashion.
    • There are going to be concurrent tracks from OPNFV and CNTT in addition to ONAP.
    • The number and size of meeting rooms available to ONAP is likely to be less than we have previously enjoyed. 

Program Committee

Eric Debeau Davide Cherubini Alla Goldner Timo Perala Chaker Al-Hakim

onap-program-committee@lists.onap.org

Topics

<Sample Topic>

  • Short Description:  One line description of topic

  • Detailed Description: Detailed description of topic
  • Topic Leader: name 1, name 2, ...
  • Estimated Audience Size (1-15 / 15-30 / 30-50 / >50):

Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.


ONAP SECCOM F2F


ONAP SECCOM Working session – testable VNF security requirements

  • Short Description:  ONAP SECCOM Working session

  • Detailed Description: This session will provide to SECCOM and ONAP community oportunity to exchange on testable VNF security requirements   
  • Topic LeaderAmy Zwarico
  • Estimated Audience Size (1-15 / 15-30 / 30-50 / >50): 1-15
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible

ONAP SECCOM Joint discussion with CNTT on security like security requirements

  • Short Description:  ONAP SECCOM and CNTT F2F meeting

  • Detailed Description: This session will provide to ONAP SECCOM and CNTT security professionals oportunity to exchange on security topics  
  • Topic Leader: Pawel Pawlak Amy Zwarico
  • Estimated Audience Size (1-15 / 15-30 / 30-50 / >50): 15-30
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible

ONAP SECCOM Status update OOM password removal

  • Short Description:  SECCOM update

  • Detailed Description: This session will provide to SECCOM and ONAP community oportunity to exchange on OOM password removal
  • Topic LeaderKrzysztof Opasiak
  • Estimated Audience Size (1-15 / 15-30 / 30-50 / >50): 1-15
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible

ONAP SECCOM Status update ingress controller introduction

  • Short Description:  SECCOM update

  • Detailed Description: This session will provide to SECCOM and ONAP community oportunity to exchange on ingress controller introduction
  • Topic LeaderKrzysztof Opasiak
  • Estimated Audience Size (1-15 / 15-30 / 30-50 / >50): 1-15
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible

ONAP ISTIO common discussion

  • Short Description:  ISTIO discussion

  • Detailed Description: This session is a community opportunity for discussing ISTIO. It was requested by SECCOM. No presentation or status update will be made. Initial suggestion was to remove this item from the agenda due to no status update, but it could be used as discussion session directly after the other Service Mesh presentation.
  • Topic LeaderHampus Tjäder 
  • Estimated Audience Size (1-15 / 15-30 / 30-50 / >50): 1-15
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible

ONAP SECCOM Communication matrix update – diagram and interactions from it

  • Short Description:  SECCOM update

  • Detailed Description: This session will provide to SECCOM and ONAP community oportunity to exchange on first outputs coming from DCAE pilot
  • Topic LeaderNatacha Mach
  • Estimated Audience Size (1-15 / 15-30 / 30-50 / >50): 1-15
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible

ONAP TSC General Meeting


Cross-Carrier 5G Slicing Roaming Use Case

  • Short Description: introduce the implementation of automatic service continuity and life-cycle management of 5G network slices of devices roaming across Operators.

  • Detailed Description
  • This session will present options for 5G slice continuity when devices roam across International borders (e.g., standard slices vs. slice blueprint export vs. Virtual home slice) and then identify and implement the necessary logic, APIs and models in ONAP for Guilin release.
  • Topic LeaderDavide Cherubini @Kalyan.Asangi
  • Estimated Audience Size (1-15 / 15-30 / 30-50 / >50): 15-30
  • Interested In Attending
  • If you are interested in discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.

ONAP TSC Member Roundtable

  • Short Description:  Informal meeting to bring the 2020 TSC members together and to define 2020 TSC priorities

  • Detailed Description: Intros and sharing of thoughts and ideas for 2020
  • Topic Leader: Kenny Paul, Catherine Lefevre
  • Estimated Audience Size (15-30):
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.

Platform Maturity Requirements (S3P) for Guilin

  • Short Description:  Review & discuss changes to platform maturity (S3P) requirements for Guilin release
  • Detailed Description: The ONAP Platform Maturity level definitions and required levels have remained static for the past few releases.  In this session we will review feedback from the project teams (to be gathered prior to the session) & discuss what changes can be made to the requirements so that ONAP can improve its maturity posture in a way that projects can easily achieve.  Please join to have your voice heard.
  • Topic Leader: Jason Hunt
  • RECORDING

O-RAN / OSC rel A / ONAP joint PoC/PlugFest results and next steps 

  • Short Description:  Results of 5G RAN & xHaul PoC/PlugFest taking place December 5, 2019, and interactive discussion of next steps
  • Detailed Description: O-RAN O1 interface specification, OAM architecture, and IM/UML/YANG 5G RAN & xHaul equipment, with ONAP 5G use cases, e.g., PNF Plug and Play, Bulk PM, OOF-based optimization;  https://wiki.o-ran-sc.org/x/egBv
  • Topic Leader: Tracy Van Brakle
  • Estimated Audience Size (>50):
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.



CDS Integration with K8S workloads

  • Short Description: Ongoing work on integration of CDS with K8s workloads on vFW use case example & plans of further changes
  • Detailed Description:  In Dublin release was ported to K8s workloads what was showcasing first CNF management mechanisms in ONAP. Unfortunately, VNF-API and A'la carte instantiation method was used what requires SDNC preloading and additional manual step related with configuration of K8s service profile. For Frankfurt release vFW K8s use case will be integrated with CDS what will simplify and will automate more the instantiation of service and additionally will eliminate the need of manual creation of K8s service profile. The presentation will be extended with demonstration of the implemented K8s service instantiation. 
  • Topic Leader: Lukasz Rajewski Samuli Silvius Konrad Banka Eric Multanen
  • Estimated Audience Size (15-30):
  • Interested In Attending:



Change Management Requirements for Guilin and beyond

  • Short Description:  The presentation will outline still existing change management problems and how to address them in Guilin+ releases.
  • Detailed Description: There are still major problems that make the change management operations complex like: lack of service model upgrade mechanism which will upgrade existing instances of services; limitations with design, composition and execution of workflows in SO on service, vnf/pnf/cnf and vnfc level; lack of upgrade strategy in service model which should guide on how the upgrade can be performed when there is a change from version X→Y, X → Z, Y→Z; parallel execution of SO workflows; runtime optimization and coordination of executed SO workflows and SO building blocks; dynamic selection of vnfc/vf-module with OOF for the SO workflow execution realized on VNF level. The presentation will be an occasion also to discuss with the community about the future expected changes to the change management process in ONAP.
  • Topic Leader: Lukasz Rajewski Ajay MahimkarChris Rapasoli Zu Qiang (Ericsson)
  • Estimated Audience Size (15-30):
  • Interested In Attending:


VNFC action level support in controllers

  • Short Description:  The presentation will outline VNFC level reconfiguration problem and how it is mitigated today what makes ONAP not so ready for carrier-grade deployments
  • Detailed Description: Today in many of existing use cases there are performed anonymous reconfiguration and LCM actions on VNFC level by configuration on VNF level. This happens in example in vLB/vDNS ScaleOut or vFW Traffic Distribution use cases where specifically adapted VNF reconfiguration pattern is applied. This approach cannot be repeated on carrier-grade scale, with services instances having many vf-modules or many VNFC types or many LCM actions . In consequence, ONAP is not ready for carrier grade reconfiguration today as long as VNF does not have its internal LCM controller. This problem is a consequence of lack of support for VNFC level reconfigurations in the controllers and in SO. In this presentation on examples we will show how VNFC level configuration is hacked today and what are the potential solutions for that. The topic will be shown on examples and code from use cases realized in ONAP.
  • Topic Leader: Lukasz Rajewski Scott Blandford Marco Platania Ajay Mahimkar
  • Estimated Audience Size (15-30):
  • Interested In Attending:

ONAP and JIRA - Discussion of Best Practices and a Proposal for Improvement

Short Description:  ONAP and JIRA - a discussion of best practices and a proposal for improvements

  • Detailed Description: JIRA has been used to good effect in the ONAP project.  In particular, tracking of milestone requirements, and release requirements were introduced this year.  However, there are additional improvements that can be made, especially to JIRA hygiene to make JIRA even more effective.  This session will discuss 1) current practice; 2) best practices; 3) some specific improvements that individual users can make NOW; 4) interactive tips and tricks for using JIRA effectively; 5) opportunity to ask questions about JIRA.
  • Topic Leader: David McBride
  • Estimated Audience Size (1-15 / 15-30 / 30-50 / >50): 1 - 15
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.


CSMF and NSMF portal design in 5g slicing usecase

Short Description:  Will present the design ideas and content of CSMF and NSMF portal

  • Detailed Description: This topic will introduce the design starting point of NSMF and CSMF portal, as well as the design content, from the perspective of enterprise users and operator operators, including order management, slice business management, and KPI presentation content.
  • Topic Leaderperry peng
  • Estimated Audience Size (1-15 / 15-30 / 30-50 / >50): 1 - 15
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in discussion .and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.

Service Orchestrator Roadmap

Short Description:  The presentation will outline the roadmap of the Service Orchestrator project and provides discussion points for the community to share thoughts 

  • Detailed Description: The intension is to provide the audience the thoughts on the whats next in ONAP SO and provide a launch pad to get consensus. This is more to get the community alignment on some of the current thoughts of the SO project team and get them to a bigger audience to get more thoughts and helping hands.
  • Topic Leader: Seshu Kumar M
  • RECORDING

Plug and Play in ONAP - Learnings of a developer

Short Description:  The presentation will highlight learnings from Demos as part of the various events

  • Detailed Description: The topic swould present the implementation details of some of the usecases / functional requirements we developed using the plug and play funtional aspects of ONAP SO and talk about the the problems we faced and their resolutions. It would also give the details of the code impacts , module details for someone who would like to do a replication of what we did.
  • Topic Leader: Seshu Kumar M Isaac Manuel Raj
  • Estimated Audience Size (15-30):
  • Interested In Attending: Developers who intend to develop integration points / adaptors  to ONAP

Analysis and suggestions of ONAP's multi tenant transformation

  • Short Description:  Share and discuss ONAP multi tenant transformation
  • Detailed Description:  Share why we need multi tenancy, what multi tenancy transformation attempts we have made at present, and discuss how ONAP will support multi tenancy in the future.
  • Topic Leader: beiyuan zhang
  • Estimated Audience Size (1-15):
  • Interested In Attending:

Cross-project AI Cooperation and Innovation

  • Short Description:  Discuss how to carry out AI collaboration across open source communities and standards organizations, collaborative content, roadmaps for R&D, etc.
  • Detailed Description:  This topic discusses how ONAP can work with other open source communities or standards organizations on AI-based collaborative innovation, use cases, scenarios, etc.
  • Topic Leader: Lingli Deng
  • Estimated Audience Size (1-15 / 15-30 / 30-50 / >50): > 50
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in discussion .and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.

ONAP & MEC - Leverage ONAP to build MEC Mangement Layer

  • Short Description:  Discuss how to leverage ONAP components to build a MEC Management layer system.

  • Detailed Description: This topic try to discuss how ONAP can work in the edge area and how to leverage the existing system to satisfy the edge management layer requirement and the stands (e.g. ETSI, etc).
  • Topic LeaderWeitao Gao
  • Estimated Audience Size (15-30 ):
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.

Convergence Exploration between ONAP and OVP

  • Short Description:  will present the OVP VNF verification which has been done based on ONAP and discuss more about how to leverage ONAP to accelerate and automate OVP verification and testing.

  • Detailed Description:  Introduce the OVP VNF validation based on ONAP and discuss what is missing about OVP and how to improve the OVP verification and testing
  • Topic LeaderYan Yang Kanagaraj Manickam
  • Estimated Audience Size (1-15 / 15-30 / 30-50 / >50): 30-50
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.

AI Innovation with ONAP: EPC intelligent energy optimization

  • Short Description:  Will present how to leverage ONAP to build one intelligent energy optimization system for EPC.

  • Detailed Description:  This topic will introduce the power saving proposed and developed by the ONAP , with a special attention to the Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning (AI/ML) aspects, in the context defined by the core network.
  • Topic Leader:  Liexiang Yue
  • Estimated Audience Size (1-15 / 15-30 / 30-50 / >50): 1-15
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.



The methods and implementation of UUI frontend architecture

  • Short Description:  Discuss the applied frontend architecture and present the architecture of UUI
  • Detailed Description:  The topic consists of three parts. The first part is the frontend architecture methods applied in UUI, for example, component-based architecture, frontend and backend separation, etc. The second part is the frontend architecture implementation of UUI. The third part is the conclusion of frontend architecture best practices and the presentation of the frontend architecture of UUI .
  • Topic Leader: Tao Shen xu ran
  • Estimated Audience Size (1-15 / 15-30 / 30-50 / >50): 1-15
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.

How to build a MEP via open source and manage it with ONAP

  • Short Description:  Will present how to leverage open source components to build a MEP (MEC Platform) and manage it with ONAP.

  • Detailed Description:  Introduce how to build and deploy a MEP using open source components (most of them are from CNCF projects). Discuss how we could manage MEPs using ONAP existing components.
  • Topic LeaderRex Lee
  • Estimated Audience Size (1-15 / 15-30 / 30-50 / >50): 1-15
  • Interested In Attending: Anyone who're interested in MEC and MEP.

Etsicatalog Overview - Catalog & Generic parser Service

  • Short Description:  Will present the overview introduction of etsicatalog project and its update in Frankfurt release.
  • Detailed Description:  Introduce the etsicatalog overview architecture and functionalities, as well as the update in Frankfurt release.
  • Topic Leader: deng yuanhong
  • Estimated Audience Size (1-15 / 15-30 / 30-50 / >50): 1-15
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.

SO implementation in E2E Network slicing usecase


E2E Network Slicing: Roadmap beyond Frankfurt


5G Network Slicing Model (will be scheduled as part of Modeling SubC session)

  • Short Description:  Introduce the model construction of ONAP E2E Network slicing case.

  • Detailed Description: Including design time model structure and relationship, supported functionality in detail and AAI model of network slicing, as well as how the models are consumed by different run time modules of ONAP.
  • Topic LeaderQingJie Zhang
  • Estimated Audience Size (1-15 / 15-30 / 30-50 / >50): 15-30
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.

Control Loop SubCommittee - Roadmap and Guilin Requirements Planning


HPA Pluggable in Multicloud


Leveraging HPA in IPsec use case: From VNF to CNF

  • Short Description:  Removed from the schedule as the presenter cannot attend

  • Detailed Description: With the help of HPA, one can implement the IPsec use case with better performance. Also in Frankfurt, we are planning to convert the use case to a containerized one based on the HPA extension to Kubernetes, to better accommodate various environments. Details can be found in https://wiki.onap.org/display/DW/vIPsec+use+case+with+HPA.
  • Topic LeaderRuoyu Ying
  • Estimated Audience Size (1-15 / 15-30 / 30-50 / >50): 15-30
  • Interested In AttendingIf you are interested in discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.


Development Experience Sharing of PNF Software Upgrade Use Case

  • Short Description:  Sharing the experiences and lessons learnt in developing PNF software upgrade use case. 
  • Detailed Description: Sharing the experiences and lessons in designing and implementing LCM APIs of SDNC, Ansible Playbooks, EMS emulator and some others when developing PNF software upgrade use case.
  • Topic Leader: Enbo Wang
  • Estimated Audience Size (1-15 / 15-30 / 30-50 / >50): 1-15
  • Interested In AttendingIf you are interested in discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.

5G NRM Configuration with Restful protocol

  • Short Description:  Ongoing work on 5G NRM Configuration use case using SO and CDS.
  • Detailed Description: Network resources are the fundamental resources to the mobility networks. This session will present the results of 5G NRM Configuation use case started from Frankfurt, and also introduce the experience, lessons and disscussion of next steps.
  • Topic Leader: yaoguang wang
  • Estimated Audience Size (1-15 / 15-30 / 30-50 / >50): 1-15
  • Interested In AttendingIf you are interested in discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.

ONAP Project Lifecycle & Reviews

  • Short Description:  Review proposed enhancements to the ONAP project lifecycle reviews
  • Detailed Description: ONAP currently has a full project lifecycle consisting of states: proposed, incubation, mature, core, and archived.  However, all current projects are in the incubation state as neither the projects nor the TSCs have used the documented review process to move projects into other states.  This session will review the current states & review process.  It will make suggestions on enhancements to the review criteria as well as encourage projects to submit themselves for review.  The goal is that ONAP adopters and supporters can see which projects are considered core and mature.
  • Topic LeaderJason Hunt Chaker Al-Hakim
  • Estimated Audience Size (1-15 / 15-30 / 30-50 / >50): 15-30
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.

ONAP Release Cadence Proposal

  • Short Description: Review the Release Cadence Task Force Proposal for Future ONAP Releases
  • Detailed Description: ONAP currently has 3 Releases per year that follow a predefined timeline for completing each release Milestone. As the ONAP Platform moves from the incubation state to a Mature state, it is important to revisit the release Cadence and propose some improvements to the release process to meet the demands for faster delivery of features/functionalities and for proper resource allocation
  • Topic Leader: Chaker Al-Hakim  Liam Fallon Krzysztof Opasiak
  • Estimated Audience Size (1-15 / 15-30 / 30-50 / >50): 15-30
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.

Policy Framework Frankfurt Improvements

  • Short Description: Explain and demonstrate the improvements in the ONAP policy Framework being developed in Frankfurt
  • Detailed Description:  A number of improvements and enhancements such as better handling of PDPs, better TOSCA support, support for Self Service Control loops, and better monitoring and observability are being developed in the ONAP Policy Framework in Frankfurt. In this  session, we will describe the improvements and demonstrate early versions of enhanced functionality.
  • Topic Leader: Pamela Dragosh Liam Fallon Other Policy Framework project members.
  • Estimated Audience Size (1-15 / 15-30 / 30-50 / >50): 15-30
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.

Modeling subcommittee



SO – deploying custom BPMN workflows (with code) in run-time

  • Short Description: Demo of a PoC that shows how we could deploy custom workflow applications (BPMN + Java, or even Groovy (wink)) on running ONAP instance.
  • Detailed Description:  
    • On the presentation we will show how we reorganized SO deployment so it's easy to create and deploy custom workflow applications. These are WAR-based applications that encapsulate both new BPMNs and Java/Groovy code. 
    • We will deploy custom application in run-time without a need to restart any of the ONAP components.
    • No changes to SO code or image will be needed. 
    • Both new BPMNs and code will be immediately available for use via SO APIs. 
    • As a demo to ensure that our deployment works, we will show service instantiation which uses newly added Building Block.
  • Topic Leader: Lukasz Grech
  • Estimated Audience Size (1-15 / 15-30 / 30-50 / >50): <30
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.

OOM - What's new

  • Short Description: Last update on OOM new features
  • Detailed Description:  
    • Work on the storage classes
    • Work on the databases, harmonization of the charts and use of common Databases
    • Keep ONAP resources under control (Reduce CPU and Memory requests from components)
    • Security features
  • Topic Leader: Sylvain Desbureaux
  • Estimated Audience Size (1-15 / 15-30 / 30-50 / >50): <30
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.


OOM - Introduction of Service mesh

  • Short Description: Introduction of service mesh in OOM
  • Detailed Description:  
    • What is service Mesh
    • Advantages/drawbacks overview
    • Feedback on PoC done on ONAP
    • Demo
    • Plan for Frankfurt and Guilin
  • Topic Leader: Sylvain Desbureaux
  • Estimated Audience Size (1-15 / 15-30 / 30-50 / >50): <30
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.

Test - Introduction to ONAP python SDK

  • Short Description: Presentation of the ONAP SDK python module
  • Detailed Description: A deep refactoring of the onap-tests solution used to performed end to end tests in gating on Daily chains has been initiated to provide a python SDK (https://gitlab.com/Orange-OpenSource/lfn/onap/python-onapsdk) with high quality expectation (pylint 10, coverage 100%, unit + functional tests, auto generated docs).

    This SDK is a client library written in Python for building applications to work with ONAP. The project aims to provide a consistent and complete set of interactions with ONAP’s many services, along with complete documentation, examples, and tools. Using few python commands, you should be able to onboard, distribute models and instantiate xNFs.

       
  • Topic Leader: Sylvain Desbureaux, Morgan Richomme
  • Estimated Audience Size (1-15 / 15-30 / 30-50 / >50): <30
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.


Integration - Gating retrospective

  • Short Description: Feedback on ONAP gating
  • Detailed Description: ONAP gating has been introduced in February in order to provide a quick feedback on any OOM new patchset. Since February, the mechanism has been improved and extended to other projects (SO) and other infrastructure (Azure). This session will come back on the different evolutions, provide feedback on the Azure offloading and discuss the possiblity to extend this gating to new components (proposal done to A&AI team) to perform CSIT tests on target infrastructure  
  • Topic Leader: Sylvain Desbureaux, Morgan Richomme
  • Estimated Audience Size (1-15 / 15-30 / 30-50 / >50): <30
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.

Integration - Performance and Robustness tests for future releases

  • Short Description: Open discussion on performance and robustness tests
  • Detailed Description: For the moment, most of the tests are functional tests. There is no real stress or performance test. There is 1 72h long duration test (stability test executed by integration team consistsing in runningvFW use case during 72h). These tests are usually complex to setup and requires resources. This session will question the sense of such tests within ONAP context and evaluate some scenarios. 
  • Topic Leader: Morgan Richomme
  • Estimated Audience Size (1-15 / 15-30 / 30-50 / >50): 1-15
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.

Integration - Discussion on the test strategy evolution in ONAP

  1. Short Description: Discussion on the test strategy evolution in ONAP based on Integration team experience.
  2. Detailed Description: Very ambitious test had been announced in the past (S3P, chaos monkey). However health check still does not guarantee a good integration, verified end to end use cases are sometimes very big and hard to automate and/or to reproduce in different environments.  It is today not trivial to know which components are really used/covered through existing use cases. Basic Integration tests in the target environment are missing to guarantee a good quality of the solution.

    More basic tests should be provided by the components to offer a better coverage of their APIs, interfaces and features. CSIT tests are not enough as they are run on non representative target environment and robot healthcheck tests are sometimes to high level to re

  3. ally indicate the health of a component. This session will address the question of the test strategy in ONAP.

  4. Topic Leader: Morgan Richomme Krzysztof Kuzmicki Marcin Przybysz
  5. Estimated Audience Size (1-15 / 15-30 / 30-50 / >50): 1-15
  6. Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.

ONAP Usability - Current status and Frankfurt objectives

  • Short Description: ONAP usability on going efforts
  • Detailed Description:  ONAP usability is a key challenge to help ONAP adoption. Many efforts have been in El ALto in Documentation project with new User Guides and within Policy and SDC to bring a commun portal to design services. However, there is still a lot of challenges to address to help ONAP user to start their journey with ONAP. This session presents some current challenges and on-going activities (Documentation, SDC, CDS UI, Policy...)
  • Topic Leader Eric Debeau Andreas Geissler
  • RECORDING

DataLake Data Exposure Service and its application in 5G slicing use case

  • Short Description:  Data Exposure Service is a new component in DataLake, which is a general framework to expose REST API for semi-structured data like VES event data in JSON.

  • Detailed Description: We will explain the features and architecture of DataLake Data Exposure Service (DES), and present its application in KPI monitoring of 5G slicing use case.
  • Topic Leader: Guobiao Mo
  • Estimated Audience Size (1-15 / 15-30 / 30-50 / >50): 1-15

Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.


Transport Slicing: How to evolve CCVPN to a multi-layer slicing and abstraction solution

  • Short Description:  Share and discuss design ideas on how to add to CCVPN the multi-layer slicing and network abstraction capability, which can enable 5G transport slicing

  • Detailed DescriptionThis topic discusses (1) how to evolve/extend the current CCVPN use case into a multi-layer/technology slicing architecture which provides abstraction management across layers; (2) how to carry out a transport network slicing solution based on the new architecture; (3) how the solution can be integrated with other ONAP components/solutions to support the overall E2E 5G slicing use case; and (4) how ONAP can work together with standards organizations (ETSI, IETF, MEF, etc.) on coordinating aspects of standards relevant to multi-layer/technology transport slicing functionality and operations in 5G contexts.
  • Topic Leader: Henry Yu
  • Estimated Audience Size (1-15 / 15-30 / 30-50 / >50): 15-30
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.

 SECCOM CMPv2 support in Application Authorization Framework (AAF) 

  • Short Description:  Share and discuss new possibility within AAF - requesting certificates from external Certificate Authority (CA) via Certificate Management Protocol v.2 (CMPv2) over HTTP protocol

  • Detailed Description: Target audience is SECCOM but everyone else is welcomed.  During session Nokia and Ericsson will share output from CMPv2 support implementation, including, but not limited to: (1) overall architecture; (2) supported functionality; (3) integration and (4) future steps. During session presenter will possibly show initial demo for certificate enrollment from Open Source CMPv2 server (EJBCA) for selected ONAP components.
  • Topic Leader: Paweł Baniewski; Hampus Tjäder
  • Estimated Audience Size (1-15 / 15-30 / 30-50 / >50): 1-15
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.

Collaboration between 3GPP (and other SDOs) and ONAP - practical ways of working

  • Short Description:  Discuss how we best can make use of the knowledge that 3GPP have built and explore the benefits of being standards compliant.

  • Detailed Description: Explore practical ways of interaction between standards experts and ONAP designers on key issues. Incoming liaison statements will be presented and analyzed.
  • Topic LeaderMagnus Buhrgard
  • Estimated Audience Size (1-15 / 15-30 / 30-50 / >50): 1-15
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.


How to reverse-engineer and document data models using Papyrus

  • Short Description:  Workshop on automatic documentation of existing data models in UML using Papyrus

  • Detailed Description: ONAP projects are very rich in terms of data models, but most are known only by the teams working in each project. To improve communication and understanding, it is proposed to document the existing ONAP data models. This workshop will specifically introduce tools & techniques to automatically reverse-engineer different kinds of data models to UML models compatible with Papyrus. Includes a presentation of AAI reverse-engineering process and results. Discuss how YOUR project can reverse-engineer your current data model!
  • Topic LeaderJacqueline BeaulacMichela Bevilacqua
  • Estimated Audience Size (1-15 / 15-30 / 30-50 / >50): 1-15
  • Interested In Attending: Projects wanting to gain better visibility for their data models



PM Control use case

  • Short Description:  Update and deep dive for the PM Control function being added in Frankfurt

  • Detailed Description: As a further evolution of the 5G Bulk PM use case, a control plane is being added supporting definition of network-wide subscriptions with flexible lifecycle. This session will look closer at how the use case is realized using the different ONAP components such as AAI, DCAE, Policy and SDNC/CCSDK/CDS.
  • Topic Leader: Oskar Malm
  • Estimated Audience Size (1-15 / 15-30 / 30-50 / >50): 15-30
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.


Ingress controller status update

  • Short Description:  Update and deep dive for the Ingress controller work

  • Detailed Description: The session will look closer at how our support for ingress controller is moving forward as a first step towards service mesh. The talk will focus on current state and challenges to move forward.
  • Topic Leader: Krzysztof Opasiak
  • Estimated Audience Size (1-15 / 15-30 / 30-50 / >50): 15-30
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.


Password removal status update and examples

  • Short Description:  Update on password removal from Helm charts

  • Detailed Description: The session will focus on the status of password removal effort. We will focus on current blockers and present some good and bad examples from project that we discovered while working on this topic.
  • Topic Leader: Krzysztof Opasiak
  • Estimated Audience Size (1-15 / 15-30 / 30-50 / >50): 30-50
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.
  • schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.

Demo - Integration of Policy and OOF for Frankfurt - Policy Design and Decision API demonstration

  • Short Description: Demonstration on how the ONAP OOF project is utilizing the richness of the new ONAP policy Framework.
  • Detailed Description:  In this  session, we will demonstrate the improvements of the Policy Framework that are going to be used by the OOF project to optimize placement. Show how the Policy Types can be designed to accommodate a Service vs a VNF policy type. In addition, we will show how to use "matchable" attributes in those Policy Types in order to show how to use "fine-grained" attribute policy retrieval vi the Decision API.
  • Topic Leader: Pamela Dragosh
  • Estimated Audience Size (1-15 / 15-30 / 30-50 / >50): 15-30
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.

ONAP Use case subcommittee F2F

  • Short Description:  Use case subcommittee F2F

  • Detailed Description: This session will provide to Use case subcommittee and ONAP community the opportunity to discuss new incoming requirements  
  • Topic Leader: Alla Goldner
  • Estimated Audience Size (1-15 / 15-30 / 30-50 / >50): 30-50
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible:

ETSI Alignment Support Status and Plan

  • Short Description:  Present the ETSI Alignment project, scope and status for Frankfurt and its plan for Guilin release.

  • Detailed Description: Rreport the Frankfurt scope of the ETSI Alignment project, implementation status and technical gaps, and also the plans for the Guilin release.
  • Topic Leader: Byung-Woo Jun (Fernando Oliveira ?)
  • Estimated Audience Size (1-15 / 15-30 / 30-50 / >50): 15-30

Interested In Attending:

Davide Cherubini

David Perez Caparros

Alessandro D'Alessandro


ONAP Documentation

  • Short Description:  Working Session to create a guideline proposal for Wiki/ReadTheDoc usage

  • Detailed Description:
  • Topic Leader: Sofia Wallin
  • Estimated Audience Size (1-15 / 15-30 / 30-50 / >50): 10

Interested In Attending:


ONAP security requirements: clean-up & finalization of the review

  • Short Description:  ONAP security requirements: clean-up & finalization of the review

  • Detailed Description:
  • Topic Leader: Samuli Kuusela
  • Estimated Audience Size (1-15 / 15-30 / 30-50 / >50): 1-15

Interested In Attending:


7 Comments

  1. Hi,

    Do we have list of topics officially selected for DDF?

  2. Marcin Przybysz the Program Committee is working on the final schedule. At the moment no proposed topic is excluded (although some proposed to be merged).

  3. @Timo due to some conflict, I’m not able to attend the meeting in Prague. please help to delete the topic"HPA Pluggable in Multicloud"




    1. Hello Huang Haibin ,

      Apologies for coming back late to your request. Is there someone else attending that can present instead of you?

      1. Huang Haibin "HPA Pluggable in Multicloud" was removed from the program.

  4. Hi Timo Perala, I'm sorry that i'm not able to make the trip, can you help cancel the topic named 'Leveraging HPA in IPsec use case: From VNF to CNF'. Thank you so much!

    Best Regards,

    Ruoyu