This page is intended to highlight use case requirements and phasing, both from a technology and market point of view.
PLEASE ADD YOUR THOUGHTS – This is a community activity, after all.
Current Work in Progress (Please see Demo deep dive meeting minutes for more detail)
Delivery date: ONE Summit, LA, 10/21
Big Idea: End-to-end network slicing – prerequisite to 5GSP
5G Network with Private Mobile Networking (5GSP Phase I)
Big Idea: Leverage end-to-end network slicing to create a secure private mobile network with an open source core
Necessary Components: ONAP, Anuket, Magma
Nice to have components: Akraino ICN blueprint apps
Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
- Magma core deploying and functioning on Anuket Infra
- Amar Kapadia: This was completed with Magma 1.6, but with FB pulling back from Magma and the fact that there is no 3GPP support in Magma, I think we have to consider additional options such as Free5GC. This can be introduced in the 5G Super Blueprint as a second option to Magma 1.7 (or if the Magma project is considering a second 3GPP 5GC, we can still call it Magma).
- Magma and ONAP orchestration integration
- Amar Kapadia: See above comment
- End-to-end network slicing (all components, including Magma core)
- Amar Kapadia: There is no slicing roadmap for Magma that I'm aware of
- Secure private network established
- Non-goal: Ability to measure and test specifics of physical layer performance
Private Mobile Network that enables Edge/IOT
Necessary Components: ONAP, EMCO, Anuket, Magma, EdgeX?, OpenHorizon?, Fledge?
Nice to have components: Ability to demonstrate something like factory floor, retail, warehouse
- All components from previous phase
- Interconnect between 5G macro network and local IOT breakout ?
- Integrations btwn ONAP and OpenHorizon?
- Amar Kapadia: We can also demonstrate EMCO for edge environments while ONAP can be used for central environments