Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Zoom link:

https://zoom.us/j/997256543?pwd=MWptM0F0Y1NpckhFVUgrZnM2TkJ0Zz09

Attendees:


Please add your name in here:



Agenda:

    • Agenda 
      • New time for RM meetings: Wednesdays, 8:00pm UTC, 9:00pm CET, 12:00 pm California, 7:00 am (Thursday) Melbourne
      • Anuket/Meld: Interim TSC update: Anuket Interim TSC
      • Next vF2F conference in February 2021: topics are required: Feb vF2F Feb 1-4: 2021 February LFN Developer & Testing Forum
      • Next release (Elbrus) M3 - 15 January 2021: Update on Elbrus Issues and PRs progress/actions and PRIORITIZATION

      • MVP: means that we should have an almost ready contents by 20 December 2020

        Network/Hardware Management

        Hardware Infrastructure Management: function and APIs

        Tomas, Walter

        High

        MVP

        Agreed

        Issue 2050

        Requirements for  NBI from HIM: work in progress

        Some contents will be available next week

        Planned for the week of 7th Dec


        Primary & secondary networking

        Tomas, Suresh, Gergely

        Medium

        MVP

        Probably RA-2 topic, discuss with Tom K. Gergely, Georg Kunz,  whether RM can help (prob general guidance and requirements)

        Issue 2085: work in progress

        Some contents will be available next week

        Planned for the week of 7th Dec

        Operations

        Security (workloads and infrastructure) - alignment with ONAP

        Karine, Amy, Pankaj

        High

        MVP

        Agreed 

        CNCF - Cloud Native Security White Paper - https://github.com/cncf/sig-security/blob/master/security-whitepaper/cloud-native-security-whitepaper.md

        More relevant for RA-2, not RM

        Karine reviewing FS.31 and FS.40 from GSMA FASG from the possible alignment perspective


        Operations and Life-cycle Management 


        High

        MVP

        Action: Issue 2086; identify gaps in Chapter 9 - open fort comments

        Proposed new structure of Chapter 9

        9.1 Introduction (Walter, PR#2114 for review, further updates)

        9.2 Configuration and Lifecycle Management (includes closed loop automation, Change Control)

        9.3 Assurance

           9.3.3 Assurance Overview (as is now)

           9.3.2 Observability (Sukhdev)

           9.3.3 Telemetry (Sukhdev) 

        9.4 Capacity Management (as is now)

        9.5 Automation

           9.5.1 Infrastructure LCM Automation ( including Platform Software and CI/CD)  (Saad) - End-2-End understanding of what type of automation ought to be done on what layers and includes

        • hardware configuration CI/CD
        • networking automation
        • software development CI/CD
        • software deployment CI/CD (operator environment)
        • Identify "Closed Loop Automation" as a Gap in Ch10

           9.5.2  Application LCM Automation Workload onboarding automation (including CI/CD)  (Saad) includes

        • workload onboarding automation - the scope for RM is to describe support only but leave the details to RA/RI;
        • RM will state the requirements including for CI/CD for ensuring software security scans, image integrity checks, OS version checks, etc. prior to deployment -
        • the tenant processes for application LCM (such as updates) are out of scope

           9.5.3 Tenant creation automation

        • requirements for enterprise processes prior to tenant creation on the platform
        • networking automation


        Security Automation => Chapter 7, Security; but compare with Observability/Telemetry 

        Networking Automation => Section 4.3 Networking; but cloud level automation networking aspects may be in Chapter 9




        Automation (closed loop automation)
        Medium

        Should be in part in LCM (Chapter 9) - Issue  2087

        Proposed to include into Chapter 9 (see above)



        Observability/telemetry

        Sukhdev, Zlatko, Petar

        Medium

        MVP

        Issue 2052 contains a link to a google document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BjRTIPVOs7vqZvvmd65CWX0vJU3YCGcq5McVyyxdXoY/edit?usp=sharing

        All: please add comments there 

        Acceleration

        Hardware acceleration abstraction

        Petar, Tomas, Per, Walter

        High

        MVP

        Issue 2051; open for comments 

        PR# 2115 to create a structure

        Initial text work in progress, plan to share within the week of 7th of Dec 2020


        Compute node acceleration (incl smartNICs, GPU, etc)

        TBA

        Programmable fabric

        TBA

        Network acceleration

        TBA
        Storage
        Karine, Petar

        Medium


        Needed a structure

        Further details needed (all classes of storage)

        Issue 2056: Need contributors and expertise https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/ecg-vptg-october-2020 it has a link to the June PTG notes

        Action: Beth to provide a structure (PTG etherpad can be used)

        Special use cases

        Load balancing

        Per, SukhdevMediumIssue 2095: Per to provide concept description for comments

        Mutual discovery (workloads/infrastructure)

        Sukhdev, Tomas
        MediumIssue 2088; Sukhdev to add the concept description for comments

        Service function chaining

        Suresh, Sukhdev

        Medium

        MVP

        Issue 2089; text in Issue 

        Action: All to review and comments from the Team

        Model for Enterprise Cloud

        and Edge


        Walter, Pankaj, Ahmed

        Medium

        MVP

        Issue 2049: Multi/hybrid cloud  from Data Centre to Edge; review and update the contents in WiKi:

        Action: All to review and add comments:

        CNTT Hybrid Multi-Cloud Architecture - ScenarioCNTT Edge Architecture

        Proposal: Use Chapter 8 for this topic including Edge

        Discussion point: proposal for extend to PaaS view (generic) - see Action Point on Pankaj/Walter/Petar

        Alignment with ONAPInvestigate topics other than securityPetarLowPetar to present to RM meeting
        Alignment with GSMA OPGInvestigate alignment pointsWalterLowDepends on outcomes of joint OITF and OPG meetings
        Alignment with ORAN?Influence ORAN regarding telco cloud

        Tomas raised this question as he participates in WG 6. Karine to find out how we could discuss possible  dependences, alignments, cloud principles....
        Alignment  with ODIM
        Martin
        Bring to this meeting the actions, comments from previous sessions and vF2F 
        Granularity of RM profiles


        Issue 2068

        Action: Walter to invite Tom K to present the view

        REview of RM Chapter 2
        All
        Issues 2067, 2067

Actions:

  • Updates on collaboration and relevant events:
  • All: topics for Feb F2F, please prepare for the discussion for the next RM meeting
  • Pankaj/Walter/Petar: prepare discussion point regarding the discussion on extending the scope of CNTT RM "from IaaS to PaaS"

Minutes:

  1.  
  • No labels