Zoom Meeting link: https://zoom.us/j/852737713


Reports and Presentations

Agenda and Minutes

  • Agenda Bashing
  • Antitrust Policy: https://r.lfnetworking.org/Antitrust%20Slide.pdf
  • Status Overview
    • 1 PR #1488 – requires edits and review
    • 2 Open Issues – 1 has no assignee (Issue # 1156: Review list of mandatory features; needs alignment between Ch02 and Ch05)
  • RA-1 Chapters 1 - 4 Status Report  Ian Gardner
    • Open Issues, Status and Action Items
  • RA-1 Chapters 5 - 7 Status Report Karine Sevilla

    • Open Issues, Status and Action Items
  • RA-1 Chapters 8 Status Report Sukhdev Kapur
    • Open Issues, Status and Action Items
  • AOB
    • OSTK Release version and RC implications (functest):
      • One test suite version versus two test suite versions

Action Items

DescriptionDue DateAssigneeStatusTask In
1Topology content
Issue #638> Changes to RA-1 Ch03 and Ch04PR #1488
2PR's Requiring Review
PR # 1387
PR #1387
3Flow Table

Raise issue for defining flows as per Ian Gardner comments in PR #1391: Issue #1454 created

a network flow diagram or table covering how traffic is managed depending on network type:

(we need a network guru to add the correct flows if I get any of this wrong)
Tenant. Traffic uses gre/vxlan and flows from compute to compute and compute to controller
Provider VLAN. Traffic flows directly to/from the compute node hosting the VM via OVS
Provider VLAN DPDK. Traffic flows directly to/from the compute node hosting the VM via OVS-DPDK
Provider VLAN SRIOV. ...
Neutron NAT. Traffic flows from the compute node to the controller and is NAT'd
CVR / DVR???

4PR's Requiring fixesCompletedPetar Torre

PR # 1389

Ahmed El Sawaf to provide a reference to RedHat et al performance sources/sizing guidelines and these can be included in the write-up.

PR #1389
5OpenStack Mandatory Features

Issue #1156 – no PR

Need inputs on mandatory features on  the OSTK APIs. Pankaj to change Issue writeup to "alignment of requirements and features"

6Security: Image Security
Yeeling LamIssue #1395 – no PR
7Security: Hardening
Yeeling LamTo open Issue and PR
8SDN - Tungsten Fabric + any others(?)

Testing when using monolithic plugin.  Phase I: use Neutron APIs.

For Phase II, Q: how to handle custom APIs? Get upstream (OSTK)/another project to define common (useful) SDN API extensions.  What should be the CNTT position?  Wait for CNTT Network FG to define position.

Cedric OllivierRC doesn't care whether ML2 or monolithic plugin is used.

9Security: Workload

RM 7.11.4 Workload Security

Issue #1467 created

PR #1469
10Security: LCMpotentially already covered?Karine Sevilla

RM 7.11.6 Security LCM

Appears to be covered in various chapters including other Security write-up and RA-1 7.2 NFVI and VIM Configuration Management and 7.3 NFVI and VIM Maintenance

11Security: Monitoring & Loggingpotentially already covered?Karine Sevilla

RM 7.11.7 Monitoring and Security Audit

Can we point to RA-1 7.4 Logging, Monitoring and Analytics

  • No labels