Topic: CNTT Governance Steering
Start Time : Nov 19, 2020 04:54
- Meld Wiki: https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/x/YQpoAg
- TSC Status (no PPT)
- Github info (milestones, Open PRs, Pulse), Baraque Release Highlights, CNTT Elbrus Release Cycle,
- Readthedocs! https://cntt.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
- Beth Cohen
- Walter Kozlowski
- Scot Steele
- Ulrich Kleber
- Pankaj Goyal (AT&T)
- Nick Chase (Mirantis)
- Tom Van Pelt (GSMA)
- Toshiyasu Wakayama (KDDI)
- Gergely Csatari (Nokia)
- Karine Sevilla (Orange)
- Qiao Fu (China Mobile)
- Zhiqiang Yu (China Mobile)
- Anti-Trust Policies:
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
Join us for the kick-off meeting of the Cloud Native Network Functions (CNF) Working Group. The goal for the group is to create a software conformance program, similar to the Kubernetes Conformance Program, that any telco application implementation can use to demonstrate that they are conformant and interoperable with cloud native principles. This will aid companies such as communications service providers and large scale enterprises, running internal telecommunications-like infrastructure, to better understand what cloud native means for telecommunications workloads and help build consensus around industry adoption of cloud native technologies.
See https://github.com/cncf/cnf-conformance/pull/450 for background.
Please click the link below to join the webinar:https://zoom.us/j/92899637746Or iPhone one-tap : US: +16699006833,,92899637746# or +12532158782,,92899637746#Or Telephone: Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location): US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 253 215 8782 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 646 558 8656 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 312 626 6799 or 855 880 1246 (Toll Free) or 877 369 0926 (Toll Free) Canada: +1 587 328 1099 or +1 647 374 4685 or +1 647 558 0588 or +1 778 907 2071 or +1 204 272 7920 or +1 438 809 7799 or 855 703 8985 (Toll Free)Webinar ID: 928 9963 7746 International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/awj31thRw
No meeting next Thursday due to the US Thanksgiving Holiday
- Meld Updates Jim Baker (LFN) Scot Steele (AT&T)
- Things are moving along well. The elections of the Interim Anuket TSC members from OPNFV is in progress. CNTT members will be added afterward, that will be done Monday 23rd at a special time. Operations and tools melding are moving along, marketing will be ready with logos and collateral materials, PR being discussed.
- Field Trials Update Scot Steele (AT&T) 2 min -- Cedric is waiting for the next steps. Looks like will be part of RC1 so looking good for being rolled into Elbrus.
- LFN / GSMA: Jim Baker (LFN)/Tom Van Pelt (GSMA) - 5 min
- Jim Baker Heather Kirksey
- Tom Van Pelt Walter Kozlowski
- Karine and Walter presented the security section to the FASG 5G security taskforce. They will be sharing their knowledge and will be able to collaborate on adding security into the documents.
- Technology Topics, Scott Steinbrueck (AT&T) - 8 min
- OITF - GSMA Task Force Walter Kozlowski - GSMA endorsement
- Survey for SDN at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GRQ59TK Ahmed El Sawaf
- Discussion about vF2F conference, Meld, Issue cleanup automation
CNTT Elbrus Release Cycle – Scheduled to release mid January.
- Possibly add in VNFs/CNFs as a topic. How do CNFs get deployed in a containerized environment.
- Click here to expand...CNTT Elbrus Release CycleSchedule https://github.com/cntt-n/CNTT/milestones
Milestone Description Date M1 Release Planning Create the high level scope (in sections below)
M2 Issue Logging Create initial list of Github issues, starting with issues that match the scope planned in M1
M3 Freeze Contributions Update content via PRs, matching to issues created in M2/M3
M4 Freeze Proofreading Find typo's, correct with PRs
M5 Release Candidate Select release content
M6 Release Signoff Package the release, setup tag at ReadTheDocs
Week Milestone Status M3 M3 M3 M3 M3 M2
- CIRV – OPNFV: Fu Qiao (CM) 5 min – Almost finished documents. Some progress, will be reviewing by the end of this month.
- Cross-Community Coordinator: Phil Robb (Ericsson), Jim Baker (LFN) - 2 Min – Nothing new to report from Phil. O-RAN alliance, Cedric from Orange will be representing CNTT. Beth and others will be talking to the Akraino TSC in the next couple weeks. Next virtual conference is coming up in February, start thinking about topics and sessions.
- Governance Work Stream Items
- RI/RC-1 Trial – Goals, Expectation, and Plans https://github.com/cntt-n/CNTT/issues/1113
Join Governance Steering Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 340 965 499
One tap mobile
+16699006833,,340965499# US (San Jose)
+16465588656,,340965499# US (New York)
Dial by your location
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
877 369 0926 US Toll-free
855 880 1246 US Toll-free
+1 647 558 0588 Canada
855 703 8985 Canada Toll-free
Meeting ID: 340 965 499
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/adGixjRMnj