The ONAP Portal is a platform that provides the ability to integrate different ONAP applications into a centralized Portal Core. The intention is to allow decentralized applications to run within their own infrastructure while providing common management services and connectivity. The Portal core provides capabilities including application onboarding & management, centralized access management, and hosted application widgets. Using the provided SDK, application developers can leverage the built-in capabilities (Services / API / UI controls) along with bundled tools and technologies.
SDC is the ONAP visual modeling and design tool. It creates internal metadata that describes assets used by all ONAP components, both at design time and run time.
The SDC manages the content of a catalog, and logical assemblies of selected catalog items --as needed-- to completely define how and when VNFs are realized in a target environment. A complete virtual assembly of specific catalog items, together with selected workflows and instance configuration data, completely defines how the deployment, activation, and life-cycle management of VNFs are accomplished. Selected sub-assemblies may also be represented in the catalog and may be combined with other catalog items, including other sub-assemblies.
During the latest release retrospective, the ONAP Integration Team has identified 3 areas of improvements:
- Integration tests in target deployments using OOM.
- Improve robot healthcheck across projects.
- More projects added to CI pipeline and more project-specific testing.
This project will focus to address these improvemets defined by the SDC/Portal Projects Teams.
The prioritization of the activities will be discussed with the mentee based on his/her skillset and expectations.
Get more detail information about the project, please refer to the following link:
Portal Project: https://wiki.onap.org/display/DW/Portal+Platform+Project
Portal Code: https://gerrit.onap.org/r/#/admin/projects/portal
SDC Architecture: https://wiki.onap.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=1015837
OOM Gating: https://wiki.onap.org/display/DW/OOM+Gating
Robot Framework: https://robotframework.org/
- Have a comprehensive understanding of Portal and SDC projects
- Familiar with the development process and CICD of ONAP
- Take part in the development and test of Portal/SDC projects
- Familiar with testing tools (XTesting and Robot Framework) and metholodgies
- Accomplish assigned development and test tasks.
- Related document and report.
Relation to LF Networking
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science, software Engineering or related technical discipline
- Familiar with Java, jS and/or Python programming.
- Basic understanding of one of the code versioning tools like Git.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills in English.
The development/testing activities will be part of the next ONAP Release and can serve as implementation best practices for other ONAP projects
Preferred Hours and Length of Internship
Prefer to Part-Time Intern: 20 hours per week for 24 consecutive weeks.
Full-Time Intern is also welcomed.
Mentor(s) Names and Contact Info
Emails: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile: +32474 96 05 28, + 32478960529, +972 37198050