- Scot Steele (AT&T)
- Rick Tennant (AT&T)
- Jim Baker (LF)
- Walter Kozlowski (Telstra)
- Rabi Abdel (Vodafone)
- Beth Cohen(Verizon)
- Nick Chase (Mirantis)
- Phil Robb (Ericsson)
- Ulrich Kleber (Huawei)
- William Diego Maza (Orange)
- Bob Monkman (Intel)
- Qiao Fu (China Mobile)
- Zhiqiang Yu (China Mobile)
- Jonne Soininen (Nokia)
- Jonathan Beltran (AT&T)
- Toshiyasu Wakayama (KDDI)
- Anti-Trust Policies:
- Walk On Items
- F2F LA Status
- Trials Documentation - Review: Chapter 9 - Trials Additions Scot Steele (AT&T)
- Baldy Priority Items - Unassigned
- Project Scope of what is needed in initial Field Trials from RC1/OVP #1100 (Scot & Jonathan and Close)
- Secure lab participation/capacity/diversity for initial Field Trials #1101 ( RC-1 AT&T has a lab, Intel provides community lab, looking to others to provide)
- Define MVP support model / structure for trials #1102 (in our doc)
- Confirm trial participants and SPOCs #1103 (In the adoption work stream)
- Trial Kickoff Meetings #1105 (Step in plan)
CNTT LA F2F needs to happen even if virtual.
Baldy Action Items
1101, 1103 – not progressing as hoped, interdependent
We have Intel already for RC1.
RedHat is reviewing
Need to identify company to do trials first
If we sign up RedHat, then do they want to do it in their lab, if not then who can we get?
Review of Lab Types
Self-Lab (Run RC against self-hosted lab)
LaaS (UNH) “paid” service
Priority is to find companies to do a trial.
Rabi Abdel trying to get VMWare to participate. Awaiting feedback.
Action Item: Scot Steele to reassign all items appropriately
Action Item - Field Trial Approach Doc Edits - Scot Steele
22.214.171.124 #2 Add “Not to badge NFVI vendor Implementations”
Use term ‘VI’ instead of NFVI
“When something fails a test, what is the arbitration process for system under test being wrong, or test being wrong?” – user-20f1f
Need to clearer about the process here.
Talk more about how trial participant would interact with the community.
Each trial participant gets a SPOC.
SPOC will work with participant to identify what is wrong with the spec. Then assign it to appropriate work stream.
E.g. Was the test suite actually runnable?
Focus on validating the test suite. (Not pass/fail of TCs).
Run on a variety of NFVIs.
If things don’t pass, is there a simple agreement because the NFVI was deficient in some way (local analysis). Not trying to address the veracity of the system under test?
Anonymize (i.e. ''reverse' blind testing/assessment) the results:
Here’s the result.
“Keep a level of anonymity.”
Repositories: CNTT SPOC needs to be identified to take the feedback and where it should land: CNTT repository or OPNFV bug (then OPNFV)
Make sure language throughout says: NFVI participant will work with the SPOC/ Community member, and vendor - not entire community.
“Community shall review” becomes “CNTT SPOC shall review”
“Overall CNTT Decision making leads” need revise that issues will be take issues to TSC/GSC.
Overall Trial Project Manager / Lead responsible for Field Trials – is who ?? – looking over entire trials process (cat herder)
Add: one person assigned to vendor as SPOC “CNTT SPOC
Developing Test Criteria: RC-1 has all this specified. RI/RC work stream is weekly at seven central. Existing effort to review results. Remove sections detailing test criteria from Doc. Point to RC doc—get Michael Fix (AT&T) to help here.
Action Item: Scot Steele to schedule sub-group calls to develop approach.
- Work Items assigned to MMA
- Press Releases around Pre-Launch Trials #1086 Nick Chase
- Messaging Discovery & Execution #1087 Nick Chase
- Execute interviews and gather feedback #1090 Nick Chase
- Get commitments interview senior/vp level business owners #1089 Nick Chase
- Analyze and align messaging #1091 Nick Chase
- Integrate Confluence and Groups.Io data (governance) #1092 Jonathan Beltran
- Engagement Metrics (Scope, Design, Rollout) #1093 Jonathan Beltran
- VNF Onboarding journey touchpoints #1095 Jonathan Beltran
- Operator additional info data points #1096 Jonathan Beltran
- Develop Benchmarks for Pre-launch Trials #1097 Jonathan Beltran
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 596 059 9463
One tap mobile
+16699006833,,5960599463# US (San Jose)
+16465588656,,5960599463# US (New York)
Dial by your location
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
877 369 0926 US Toll-free
855 880 1246 US Toll-free
+1 647 558 0588 Canada
855 703 8985 Canada Toll-free
Meeting ID: 596 059 9463
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/adGixjRMnj