Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Meeting Logistics: 

Attendee List:

  1. Qiao Fu (china Mobile)
  2. Michael Fix (AT&T)
  3. Daniel Balsiger (Swisscom)
  4. Georg Kunz (Ericsson)
  5. Pierre Lynch (Keysight)
  6. Al Morton (AT&T)
  7. Mark Beierl (VMware)
  8. Rajamani Rajesh (Spirent)
  9. Mark Shostak (AT&T)
  10. Lincoln Lavoie (UNH-IOL)
  11. Luc Provoost  (Intel)
  12. Cedric Ollivier (Orange)
  13. Scott Steinbrueck (AT&T)
  14. Rihab Banday (Ericsson)
  15. Sridhar Rao (Spirent)
  16. James Gu (AT&T)

Goals of Meeting

  1. Review Timeline
  2. Status
    1. Labs & Next Steps (POD10/15)
    2. HDV
    3. Manifest Validation
  3. Confirm April MVPs - assign owners?
  4. Confirm parallel activities - any need to move to April MVP?
  5. Review open PRs


  1. Review Timeline
    1. Notes:
      1. See diagram below.
      2. Recapped the timeline for Friendly, and CI dates.
      3. Emphasized the need to align with ONES MVPs mentioned in #3 below.
    2. Comments/Feedback:
      1. (Mark B) – RC has 2 sides:  Installer, then vendor VNF side; need to separate the NFVI, and VNF
      2. (Rajesh/Lincoln) – question about reference/golden VNF's; VVP does cover template validations (instantiation), doesn’t cover packets/throughput, seeing some potential future challenges
      3. (Lincoln) – recommend dividing VNF cert into MANO and VNF behavior (e.g. CPU cycles, storage, networking)
  2. Status
    1. Labs & Next Steps (POD10/15)
      1. Notes (Sridhar):
        1. Ocata (issue 586 - fix those issues first, then discuss need/goal to deploy Stein; Sridhar has meeting with Airship team Thurs to discuss open POD10/15 issues)
        2. Per Cedric, CICD Gates are disabled at present while issue 586 is being work
        3. Sridhar will provide status and path-forward Thurs after the Airship call
    2. HDV - finalize schema, build prototype (question)
      1. Notes: 
        1. We need to decide where to park information → consensus if CIRV repo
        2. Lincoln will start wiki to define requirements and will link to repo
        3. Mike forwarded the current open RI1 Core issue for the naming convention - Lincoln to review :  [RI 1 Core] CIRV Repo(s) Determination #761
        4. Wiki: 
    3. Manifest Validation - finalize schema (question)
      1. Notes:
        1. Plan (Sridhar): Next week to work on it, need to put on one place
        2. Mike - shared the following notes in email to Sridhar - Sridhar to review
          1. How & When (2020)?
            1. Manual: Requirements Mapping (Jan), Software/Config Validations (Feb)
            2. Automated: Script Creation and PoC (Mar), Implementation (Apr)
          2. Who - Script Development Supporting Skill
            1. Meta-Data file interpretation (PDF/SDF/IDF), knows way around a command-line, system admin for data comparison between systems
          3. Next Steps
            1. Create wiki to store content + tools
            2. Upload requirements
            3. Solicit dev from DDF to confirm who can commit time
        3. Wiki:
  3. Confirm April MVPs - assign owners?
    1. NOTES: 
      1. Following goals and MVP(s) were discussed.
      2. No objections/changes to the list.  As such, this becomes strawman of Jan-Apr focus.
    2. Goal: 
      1. 3 Vendor Implementation (VI's) with RC running → this was clarified from "3 RIs" to "3 VIs", as we are establishing 3 implementations of the same RI, not 3 different RIs (Georg K)
      2. Use Intel CNTT as RI baseline
    3. MVPs (?)
      1. ONES LA 2020
        1. Select Candidates 
          1. VMWare confirmed
          2. Red Hat - verbal confirmation in Prague
          3. Mirantis - ask
          4. Canonical - ask
        2. Identify Labs
        3. Establish / Make contact
        4. Confirm dates and status
      2. RI: 
        1. Cookbook - finalize and close gaps
        2. Resolve S/W Deployment Errors
        3. Perform Repeatable CICD Deployment and Validation (3x)
      3. RC:
        1. Finalize VNF Prototype Families
        2. Finalize TC Mapping to Requirements
        3. Address / Close Gaps in TCs for Certification (e.g. Ocata certification, onboard test projects to Xtesting - Sample VNF)
  4. Confirm parallel activities - any need to move to April MVP?
    1. Close out DDF deliverables
      1. Hardware Validation: build prototype
      2. Manifest Validation: finalize schema
    2. Descriptor File - finalize and adopt, and perform PoC
    3. Badging and Certification: align with OVP and CVC teams
    4. Close Gaps in Documentation
  5. (Tabled) Review open PRs
  6. AOB
    1. Vet documentation recommendations; focus discussion / vetting no relevant chapters
    2. Question raised about RI 2, and when to start discussing (& where) → Confirmed by Rabi and Mark S. that this will be a topic for the next CNTT TSC call, 1/29 (Georg K)
    3. Chinese New Year 1/25-2/4 → Fu Qiao on vacation 1/25-2/8

  • No labels