Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Overview

The Open Networking Summit - NA 2019 event offers two "un-conference" areas for topic discussions, small-team breakouts etc.  We call this an "Unconference" because it's less about pre-conceived and pre-arranged formal presentations and instead allows for discussion topics of interest to "spring up" either closer to the event or at the event itself.

Approximately 50% of the Unconference sessions will be selected from the proposed topics below.  The other half will be scheduled at the event on first-come, first-serve basis  If you have a topic you'd like to discuss at ONS and don't already see it below, please consider adding it.  If you do see a topic below that you would like to participate in, then please add your name to the list of potential attendees.  We will use those lists to determine which topics get scheduled prior to the event. 

This wiki is now freely available to edit.  Please feel free to add your session.  However, please do not delete or move someone else's session without their permission.

Schedule

The current Un-conference Schedule can be found here.
If you wish to add a topic to the schedule, please post it below.
Unconference Rooms are located at LL21A & LL21B, Street Level

List of Proposed Topics

>Insert Title Here<

  • Short Description:  One line description of topic

  • Detailed Description: Detailed description of topic
  • Topic Leader: name 1, name 2, ...
  • Estimated Audience Size (1-15 / 15-30 / 30-50 / >50):
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.


OPNFV Infra Evolution Planning

  • Short Description:  OPNFV Infra Evolution Planning

  • Detailed Description: We set aside funding in the budget for infra evolution.  However, as of yet, we still have no plan.  This meeting will be to discuss organization of a working group, with a senior community member taking the lead.  We can also talk about ideas for what we should do and how those relate to the LFN TAC infra WG discussions.
  • Topic Leader: David McBride
  • Estimated Audience Size: 1-15
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.
  • David McBride
  • sunku ranganath
  • <add me>

OpenSwitch (OPX) Deep Dive

  • Short Description:  OPX Architecture Overview

  • Detailed Description: A deep-dive session to review the Architecture and design of OPX. The session will include a hands-on session to discuss and interact with OPX via VM.
  • Topic Leader: Joe Ghalam , Madhu Santhanam
  • Estimated Audience Size 15-30
  • Interested In Attending:  If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.


OPNFV Iruya Release Planning

  • Short Description:  Iruya Release Planning

  • Detailed Description: Changes are coming to OPNFV!  What will the Iruya release look like? What about XCI? Come join the discussion!
  • Topic LeaderDavid McBrideBin Hu
  • Estimated Audience Size: 15-30
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.
  • David McBride
  • sunku ranganath
  • Fatih Degirmenci
  • Trevor Cooper
  • Sridhar Rao
  • Shiby Parayil
  • Jie Hu

OPNFV XCI - Past, Present, Future

  • Short Description:  OPNFV XCI - Past, Present, Future

  • Detailed Description: What is OPNFV Cross Community CI (XCI), the current status, future plans, how it could help other communities with regards to providing feedback from production-like environment and additional capacity to test software.
  • Topic Leader: Fatih Degirmenci
  • Estimated Audience Size: 15-30
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.
  • Fatih Degirmenci 
  • Trevor Cooper
  • David McBride
  • Sridhar Rao
  • Pierre Lynch
  • sunku ranganath
  • Shiby Parayil

TAC F2F

TAC Infrastructure Work Group

ONAP & open source security: myth or reality?

  • Short Description:  Session for community to share ONAP SECCOM best practices and collect feedback from other open source projects

  • Detailed Description: We would like to share with open source community our latest achievements in the security area but also would like to exchange on how other projects are dealing with security topics.
  • Topic Leader: Pawel Pawlak, Amy ZwaricoSamuli Kuusela
  • Estimated Audience Size 15-30:
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.
    Catherine Lefevre
  • Manoop Talasila
  • Shiby Parayil

ONAP Wiki Architecture and Information Modeling

  • Short Description:  Brainstorming session on how to better architect the ONAP wiki

  • Detailed Description: Let's face it, the wiki sucks the way is is currently organized and used. This is a day-1 issues that we need to address to scale this program effectively, more quickly on-board new contributors and simplify navagation
  • Topic LeadersKenny Paul Jim Baker
  • Estimated Audience Size: (1-15)
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.

Tell Us Your Wishes about ONAP

  • Short Description:  Brainstorming session on what the expectations will be post-ONAP Dublin release.

  • Detailed Description: Let's collect any post-ONAP Dublin request in terms of requirements/3 years roadmap, process / tool-chain improvements, TSC focus & priorities, ONAP Release Milestones/Timeline, etc.
  • Topic Leaders: Catherine Lefevre
  • Estimated Audience Size: (1-15)
  • Intended Audience: Carriers, 3rd party VNF vendors, Cloud Manufacturers, non regular participant to ONAP project meetings
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.


End User Advisory Group meeting (CANCEL)

Focus EUAG participation on CVC meeting (below)

  • Short Description:  End Users talk about LFN directions

  • Detailed Description: End user advisory group is made of individuals from end-user organizations, including telecommunications carriers, cable operators, network, application, compute or storage service providers. Come meet some of the Linux Foundation Networking advisors that help direct our actions!
  • Topic LeaderPhil Robb Jim Baker
  • Estimated Audience Size (1-15 / 15-30 / 30-50 / >50): 15-30
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.

Compliance & Verification Committee Meeting (With End User Advisory Group)

  • Short Description: Meeting of the CVC group to review the survey results on the certification programs and the committees key findings with the end users group.
  • Detailed Description: The CVC is responsible for the oversight and development of the compliance and certification programs with the LFN projects.  As part of the ongoing strategy planning, the LFN Board members and End User Advisory  Group were surveyed for their interests, needs, and priorities.  This session will review the final survey date and the CVC group's key findings, as well as the updates to the strategy, based on this input.
  • Topic Leaders: Lincoln LavoieRabi Abdel
  • Estimated Audience Size: 20-30
  • Scheduling: Please avoid the following sessions "Tutorial: Evolution of Compliance, Verification, and Certification Program in LFN" and "ONAP and OPNFV Compliance - To Do or Not To Do?" as presenters overlap.  Please schedule this session to take place before the general CVC session (listed below).
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.

Compliance & Verification Committee Meeting

  • Short Description: Meeting of the CVC group to discuss updates and evolution of compliance and certification programs beyond the ONAP Dublin and OPNFV Hunter releases.
  • Detailed Description: A critical component to the development of certification programs is the strategy to ensure the programs align with end users needs, expectations, and schedules.  Based on the feedback received during the joint meeting with the End User Advisory Group and additional findings from the survey, the CVC group will discuss changes to the program strategies and next steps to engage with the technical teams.
  • Topic Leaders: Lincoln LavoieRabi Abdel
  • Estimated Audience Size: 20-30
  • Scheduling: Please avoid the following sessions "Tutorial: Evolution of Compliance, Verification, and Certification Program in LFN" and "ONAP and OPNFV Compliance - To Do or Not To Do?" as presenters overlap.  Please schedule this session to take place after the meeting with the EUAG participants.
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.

ONAP / OpenDaylight Integration

  • Short Description: Session for ONAP and OpenDaylight teams to coordinate on how best to integrate OpenDaylight as part of the ONAP platform
  • Detailed Description: ONAP currently uses OpenDaylight by creating a base docker container (as part of the ONAP Common Controller SDK project), which is then used by other ONAP projects to control their own containers.  This methodology works, but is limited in terms of ability to provide a strong feedback loop.  The purpose of this session is for the ONAP and OpenDaylight teams to brainstorm areas for improvement.
  • Topic Leaders:Dan TimoneyAlexis de Talhouët Jeff Hartley
  • Estimated Audience Size : 15-30
  • Scheduling: Please schedule for Weds or Thurs, since some topic leaders will be traveling on Friday
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.

Integrate Machine Learning Models into ONAP

  • Short Description:  Onboard ML models from Acumos to ONAP to allow design, configuration, and runtime of ML-assisted DCAE/Control Loop.

  • Detailed Description: Start with an ONAP Adaptor to onboarding ML models from Acumos Marketplace to translated DCAE microservices.  The target is be able to adapt more ML models beyond ONAP Service Assurance function.
  • Topic Leader:  Ting LuManoop Talasila, @Anwar Aftab
  • Estimated Audience Size (15-30):
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.

O-RAN Software Community and its Open Source role in RAN

  • Short Description:  Discuss the openness of the Radio Access Network and leverage Software to bring innovation and functionality to 5G and beyond.
  • Detailed Description: The session will provide an opportunity to discuss the openness and flexibility of the Radio Access Network software through collaboration with the O-RAN Alliance and its specifications. The O-RAN Software community’s goal is to accelerate the commercialization of O-RAN networks through an open source approach and enable innovation and functionality in the RAN and 5G.
  • Topic LeaderJohn Murray David Streibl, Vincent Danno, Lusheng Ji
  • Estimated Audience Size: 15-30
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.

LFN MAC Workshop

  • Short Description: MAC Workshop, Wednesday, 4/3, 4:00 - 5:30 PM

  • Detailed Description: Informal meeting of the MAC to work through current challenges/opportunities. 
  • Topic LeaderBrandon WickHeather Kirksey
  • Estimated Audience Size (1-15)
  • Interested In Attending: There is a separate calendar invite. 

Leverage OPNFV Test Frameworks

  • Short Description:  Explore opportunities for your LFN project to accelerate development of test frameworks, tools and methods through collaboration with OPNFV.

  • Detailed Description: OPNFV has developed significant functional and performance test assets including frameworks, tools, methods, test cases and test data. For an overview of the OPNFV Test Ecosystem refer to https://docs.opnfv.org/en/stable-gambia/testing/ecosystem/overview.html. The significant investments in OPNFV test projects and related activities could be leveraged by other  LFN projects that require testing of integrated upstream ingredients and platforms. This discussion is to brainstorm about how to reuse existing work and artifacts so that we do not reinvent proverbial wheels in this arena. All ideas and input are welcome!
  • Topic Leader: Trevor Cooper, David McBrideBin Hu
  • Estimated Audience Size (1-15)
  • Interested In Attending: If you are interested in this discussion and would like to participate in it, please add your name and email here (one name/email per line please). We'll use this information when building the schedule so that we minimize overbooking people where possible.

  • No labels