Topic Leader: Catherine Lefevre
@andrea visnyei Anil Belur Benjamin Cheung Byung-Woo Jun Casey Cain Christophe Closset Ciaran Johnston Dan Timoney @darek Sliwa David McBride @gourav gumber Jason Hunt Ken KANISHIMA Kenny Paul Krzysztof Opasiak LJ Illuzzi Marek Chwal@neil derraugh Pankaj Goyal Ram Krishna Verma Ranny Haiby Robert Varga Scott Blandford Thanh Ha (zxiiro) Thinh Nguyenphu Thomas Kulik Timo Perala Tom Van Pelt William Diego Maza Yukihiro Kishimoto Yusuke Nakano
Based on recent discussions at the TAC level, it appears that all the communities are trying to improve their release cadence. How can we release a subset of requirements (developed and certified) prior (and so independently of) the Release Sign-Off.
- Schedule: https://teamup.com/event/show/id/ssnLsFsRy4L7EuokSpVQhvextFdtSE
- Catherine Lefevre these are the long term thoughts on where we may want to move
- Marek Chwal highlights the many dependencies between trains anc communities
- Ciaran Johnston proposal would require stronger alignment between communities
- Robert Varga would need to do more upstream work and smaller "chunks" of deliverables
- Ranny Haiby could be shorter self releases
- Catherine Lefevre a control loop would be required - hard to represent on slide 9. perspective is that branch would occur @ RC0
- Krzysztof Opasiak continousous development - freeze current and immediately branch for next release. as-is end up in a weird state that we can't enforce for next release. not all best practices are agreed to in a release because they have not been listed as requirements
- Marek Chwal Product owners work the in "gray train"
- Catherine Lefevre agreed that better alignment of best practices
- Benjamin Cheung for ONAP could we ease into a transition rather then a big jump
- Catherine Lefevre one approace could be to prototype with a couple of components
- Robert Varga in ODL basically 3 types of projects "managed release integrated", "snapshot integrated", "self-release" . Making more and more projects release-integrated - selecting a few well understood and well staffed projects to try this out in ONAP
- Dan Timoney Controller Design Studio (CDS) can pursue it's own cycle because the # of cross dependencies are limited.
- Ram Krishna Verma is 2-3 monts to get to SR4
- Ciaran Johnston quality of content @ SR1 should be same as SR4
- Catherine Lefevre after M4 need to make sure there are no regressions