Pursuant to Section 5.c.i of the EUAG Charter, EUAG may elect a chair and vice chair. The below process is a proposal for how to conduct these elections.
EUAG Chair Elections
Who is eligible to Run: EUAG members of record effective the date the nomination process starts
Who is eligible to Vote: EUAG members of record effective the date the nomination process starts
Self Nomination Phase
When appropriate a call for nominations will be sent by the LF to the appropriate distribution list. Individuals interested in running for the EUAG Chair position must reply-all to that email with your intention to run. It is recommended that candidates include a biography and statement of intent on why you would be a good person to hold this position.
- The nomination phase begins with the receipt of the announcement
- The nomination phase ends two (2) full calendar weeks after the announcement in the same time zone the poll was initiated from
A Condorcet election will be held using the CIVS voting system. All EUAG members (as indicated above) will receive an invitation to vote.
- The election phase will begin on with the distribution of the CIVS poll via email
- The election phase will end two (2) full calendar weeks later in the same time zone the poll was initiated from
- The individual receiving the highest number of votes from all votes cast shall be declared the EUAG Chair. The individual receiving the second most votes shall be declared Vice-Chair.
- The LF will publish a summary email of the voting with a link to the publicly viewable CIVS results to the EUAG mailing list.