LF Staff: Jim Baker Kenny Paul Brandon Wick
Committee Members: Atul Purohit Lei Huang Ahmed El Sawaf Javier Ger Ken KANISHIMA Yoshihiro Nakajima Ryan Hallahan Fernando Oliveira Marc-Alexandre Choquette Brian Freeman
Guests: Scott Blandford
- Start the Recording
- Antitrust Policy
- Agenda Bashing (Roll Call, Action Items (5 minutes)
- General Topics
5G adoption white paper proposal - Atul Purohit
- LFN Governing Board (GB) asked about gaining insight into 5G from the membership.
- Atul Purohit shared a proposal for producing a 5G whitepaper.
- A request from Arpit Joshipura for EUAG to work with LFN Marketing & James Crawshaw to discuss 5G
- 3 key focus areas for introductory guides from LFN coming from the MAC
- Cloud Native
- Intro Guide to 5G - just released https://www.lfnetworking.org/publications/2020/07/20/5g-networking-an-introduction/
- a detailed EUAG white paper on 5G should be complementary to the intro guides
- 5G Paper Proposal Draft 0.2.pptx
- Feedback on proposal
- Ahmed El Sawaf Not covering relationship with TIP and Open Core?
- Should bring a solid usecase into our white paper bringing in the opensource mindset
- Lei Huang A survey could be basis for challenges and use cases - Volunteering to produce survey
- Scott Blandford 5G covers a lot of area - is there a specific focal point or ways to limit the scope?
- While LFN addresses a limited amount of 5G features, the white paper is not constrained to just LFN pieces
- Proposals: Operation deployment perspective, Operator view of 5G
- Ryan Hallahan What is the objective? Lead LFN projects? Direct new project focus? What is the desired outcome?@jav
- Plenty of open ended 5G challenges white papers/blogs out there, so little value in that.
- Javier Ger should take entire ecosystem into account - perhaps not a specific company name - but cover relationships
- Similar to a request from Heather Kirksey some time ago that covers how LFN touches the different aspects of the carrier space
- Possible an edge use case may be appropriate
- Possibly a set of white papers - a very broad 5G, then a followup based upon detailed survey data
- ONAP Requirements Subcommittee has asked for some template work to align input
- Proposal for CSP Priorities for ONAP - v3.pptx
- Gap in the process exists
- Atul Purohit reminds folks that not all members of the EUAG are participants or even members of LFN not everyone sees what is going on behind the scenes.
- for ONAP the Requirements Subc will be presenting the input to the ONAP TSC - potential exists for this model to be propagated to other LFN Projects
- Javier Ger the level of requirements detail from the EUAG is much higher level than the details needed in Jira ticket
- We can compare our input for the Guilin release to compare to what format the ONAP Requirements Subc would like to see
Expand beyond ONAP focus
- Discussions with Arpit Joshipura on how to grow EUAG participation in other LFN Projects and gain participation of additional carriers.
- Ahmed El Sawaf Recruit operators that are in CNTT but not in EUAG
EUAG Chair election
- Atul Purohit moving on from Vodafone.
- Election for a new Chair ends on the Ballots previously distributed.