Order of priorities
- Field Trial + RC (functional tests with Field Trial participants)
- RI + RC (function tests within the RI lab environment)
- Additional RC testing (hardware validation, performance, etc.)
What is the Field Trial
- The first step towards CNTT Adoption
- Prove that the RC tests work at a basic level (functional testing)
- Work with key NVFi vendors (targeting Mirantis, Redhat)
How will the Field Trial work
- CNTT to document the process (pending PR at https://github.com/cntt-n/CNTT/tree/master/doc)
- For example...
- How will CNTT (OPNFV) operate
- What will the participants need to do
- What are the survey questions
- For example...
- Participants to setup their environments (or use community lab), then run the functional tests
- Participants to complete a survey list of questions (many answers will be optional, including the test results)
What is still needed for the Field Trial
- Completed CNTT process document at Github
- Agreement with NFVi vendors
- Finalize RI Cookbook
- requirements for running in private lab
- requirements for running in community lab
- RC Cookbook
- Test case mapping to RA (requirements) - RC Ch 3
- How to run the test cases - RC Ch 7 ?
- Plan for test results
- Display results in graphical format (consider who has access to view ?)
- Allow vendor to submit results for badging
When will the Field Trial run
- Late April - into May
- Originally intended to coincide with ONES
- Pending talks with NFVi vendors
What about the existing efforts in CNTT / OPNFV
- RI and RC efforts will continue to move forward in parallel
- RI - Focus on issues such as: Cookbook / Design / Lab setup and fixes
- RC - Continue enhancing test suites, getting test results to dashboard (Dovetail)
- WSL-RI: Raja Jayachandran has been nominated
- James Gu (existing OPNFV-Airship proxy PTL)
- Other types of testing can be included in the future Badging process
- Raja to connect with Fu Qiao (WSL RI + RC alignment)
- Raja to work through RI - Issues and PRs
- Raja and James will work together to clarify possible issues in community areas Airship, Openstack Helm, Treasuremap and others
- Work through section "What is still needed for the Field Trial"
- What resources are needed to help towards the Field Trial priority
Detailed Plan / Close Gaps
- Close gaps
- Alignment plan between Field Trial team, RI, RC, OPNFV
- Staffing needs
Legends: Green resources are needed for the completion of the trial on Time.
|High Level Item||Tasks||Staffing needs for Trial||Notes|
|Document the process in GitHub||MMA: Scott Steele (CNTT)|
2. Agreement with NFVI vendors
|Reach out to NFVI Vendors.||MMA: Bob and Scot Steele (CNTT)|
|3. Finalize RI Cookbook|
a. Document Requirements for running in private lab (e.g. Min hardware specs needed for VI).
|b. Document Requirements for running in community lab.||RI-WS:||Community labs will not be available for VI to be installed.|
|c. Lab: Getting the labs ready in place. (Labs)||TBN: TBA||Community labs will not be available for VI to be installed.|
|d. Installer||Airship: TBA||NOT Needed for Field trials.|
|4. RC Cookbook|
a. Document Test case mapping to RA (requirements)
|RC1-WS: (Ch03)||Cleaning up might be needed.|
b. How to run the test cases - RC Ch 7 ?
|RC1-WS: (Ch07)||Cookbook in place.|
|c. X-testing (tool)||Xtesting: 1 resource.||Maintain and support testing candidates that comes in board.|
|d. X-testing → Dovetail integration||Xtesting: TBC||Cedirc will confirm if resources are needed for Xtesting.|
|d. X-testing: Functional (Test Scripts)||Functest: 1-3 resources||More Help need to enrich test cases and cover all functional requirements in CNTT.|
|e. X-testing: Performance (Test Scripts)|
StorPerf: 1 resource (allowed to work other X-testing issues)
NFV Bench: TBA
Al Morton to confirm number of resources needed per each project.
TBA resources needed post-Field Trial
f. X-testing: High Availability (Test Scripts)
|5. Test results|
|a. Portal and Displaying results and submit result in. Display results in graphical format. Allow vendor to submit results for badging (consider who has access to view ?)||Dovetail: 1 resource.||To maintain dovetail web portal and make sure format remains compatible with X-testing interfaces|
|b. Collect feedback to CNTT to enhance RC.||MMA:|
|c. Test API and Testdb need enhancement to provide for complete test execution records, as well as CNTT requirements mapping and on-going curation.||???: 1 resource.||Not clear what project is maintaining the Test API and Testdb.|
- Al - OPNFV has done this before, through badging process.
- Vendor feedback @ ONS 2018 - how to include performance, because their customers are asking for this.
- Also what about High Availability (HA).
- Security scenarios need proper attention.
- Rabi - CNTT has defined a single OSTK-based configuration, which helps limit the scenarios.
- The approach taken provides the framework in which additional testing can be added.
- WSL RC can help drive the right focus in the RC test plan.