Will cover a number of dashboard usability scenarios including results comparisons between platforms, drill-downs into key compute efficiency metrics and working with data to detect and track performance anomalies.
Will use performance data from FD.io CI/CD automated tests executed on a range of servers running in labs hosted by LFN FD.io, including: Intel Xeon (clx, icx, spr), Intel Atom (dnv) and Arm (Taishan, ThunderX2, Ampere Altra).
If you are interested in network performance testing in general, or FD.io project specifically, this session is for you.
Slides & Recording
Please indicate your session type in the blank space below and then remove this Info field.
- Live Interactive Session
FD.io CSIT Performance Dashboard
- Overview - VPP and CSIT core projects
- CSIT Dashboard - csit.fd.io
- UI and presentation layer
- Usability Examples
- Performance and efficiency comparisons
- Failures, Anomalies and Root Cause Analysis
- Maciek Konstantynowicz Presented CSIT project overview and discussion of CSIT Performance testing and specifics of CSIT Dashboard
- Peter Mikus Presented CSIT Dashboard Infrastructure architecture
- Tibor Frank Presented CSIT Dashboard presentation layer architecture
- Maciek Konstantynowicz Presented Benchmark Areas & Methodologies available in CSIT Dashboard results. Demonstrated features of CSIT Dashboard.
- Vratko Polak Presented how to do Failure, Anomaly & Root Cause Analysis using the CSIT Dashboard
- Maciek Konstantynowicz Presented lists of CSIT technical papers and project resources.
- Dave Wallace suggested creating a way for identifying what testbeds are used for a given protocol. Perhaps starting with a wiki page of links to test results. Ideally a search function based on separate parameters would be best.
- Dave Wallace asked if anyone was using data for marketing purposes and required static data format? No response from those present. Maciek Konstantynowicz indicated that feedback so far has been that consumers prefer the dynamic views of the data and folks take screenshots to include in marketing collateral.