Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Attendees & Representation (default sort: member first name)

TAC Members and Project representatives should mark their attendance below 
Non-TAC project reps do not count towards meeting quorum

X = Present | P = Proxy  (Indicate in the table with @name for @name

MemberRepresenting
MemberRepresenting
MemberRepresenting
ODIM (sandbox)
FD.io (TAC)xOrangex
Anuket (TAC)

@Eyal Felstaine

Amdocs
Nokiax

@Anil Guntupalli 

Verizon
CiscoxTF (incubation)

@Anil Kapur 

Juniper

IBM

xGoogle
AT&TPHuawei
Samsungx
ONAP (TAC)PChina Mobile
ODL (TAC)x
ZTE
Deutsche TelekomxIntel
Ericsson
Walmart
Red Hat
Tech Mahindra
OPX (sandbox)
China Telecom






XGVela (sandbox)

LF Staff: Casey Cain LJ Illuzzi Casey Cain  Kenny Paul Heather Kirksey

Others:   Walter Kozlowski

Agenda

  • Start the Recording
  • We will start by mentioning the project's Antitrust Policy, which you can find linked from the LF and project websites. The policy is important where multiple companies, including potential industry competitors, are participating in meetings. Please review and if you have any questions, please contact your company legal counsel. Members of the LF may contact Andrew Updegrove at the firm Gesmer Updegrove LLP, which provides legal counsel to the LF.
  • Roll Call
  • Action Items Review
  • Agenda Bashing
  • General Topics
  • Any Other Topics

Minutes

Misc

  • Al Morton introduced Walter Kozlowski and informed the TAC that he would be representing the Anuket community going forward.

Developer Survey Update

  • 57 respondents out of the 350ish registered attendees
  • Request that the community leadership encourage participation in the LFN Operational Survey
  • 2020 survey had 87 responses, so YoY we are down in response rates
  • Ed Warnicke LFN Operational Survey (deadline May 7)? Yes. FD.io community does not respond to an email request
    • LFN to send request to community leaders and asking them to perform the reachout to the respective communities
  • Frank Brockners Is there a way to add an incentive? Swag give away?
    • International shipping is beyond affordable - perhaps other digital awards are possible (store credit, event passes, etc.)

Regular Updates

Feedback on LFN IT Services

  • Objective: Improve relations between communities and LF IT
  • Some structural problems remain
  • ONAP Jenkins downtime reviewed 
    • Each outage resulted in a close of a LF IT ticket and a re-open of the ticket on failure
  • Community members are not given credentials/authorization to self-manage the tools
  • Community does not review the code from LF IT
    • Has introduced regressions 
  • System upgrades
    • Deferred updates cause longer outages for community developers
  • No full 24x7 support from LF IT - full community support could address this
  • Proposed changes
    • Share credentials with communities via TSCs
    • More time zone support
    • Open source alternatives for all LF IT services
  • Discussion
    • Ed Warnicke Don't use LF IT as primary provider. CNCF does not provide tool chains for projects
    • Jason Hunt Clearly ties into the Operations Survey - this requires more discussions
    • Heather Kirksey These issues underscore the reasons of LF IT engaging tool chains like gitlab

Developer and Testing Forum

  • Next event for Q4 planning
    • ONE Summit is a hybrid event as pandemic is still a global issue
      • Are NOT planning on the usual approach of coupling a 2 day event with the ONE Summit as Kubecon is adjacent
    • Does the community want another DTF event in 2021?
      • Ranny Haiby ONAP had diminishing number of topic proposals in the June event - perhaps this suggests virtual event fatigue - 
      • Ed Warnicke Need to take a break
      • Walter Kozlowski Beginning of 2022 would be OK for the Anuket community
      • Timo Perala Projects are free to host their own events
    • #AGREED: NO additional Virtual event in 2021
  • Q1 2022 event
    • What is the sentiment for a Q1 2022 hybrid/in-person event
      • Anuket was not in favor of an in person event
      • ONAP has not expressed a strong opinion
        • Jason Hunt Remain optimistic that travel could open up
        • Kenny Paul to re-ask the ONAP TSC  
    • LFN default is NO live event until the community enthusiastically supports it
      • Perhaps a smaller, community sponsored event
      • Window for Jan 2022 reservations is closing
    • CONCLUSION: While in-person events are important, the health of the community is more important. Defer in-person event after Q1 2022