Attendees & Representation (default sort: member first name)
TAC Members and Project representatives should mark their attendance below
Non-TAC project reps do not count towards meeting quorum
X = Present | P = Proxy (Indicate in the table with @name for @name
|ZTE||China Mobile||Red Hat|
|Ericsson||Deutsche Telekom||China Telecom|
|Bell Canada||OPX (sandbox)|
- Start the Recording
- We will start by mentioning the project's Antitrust Policy, which you can find linked from the LF and project websites. The policy is important where multiple companies, including potential industry competitors, are participating in meetings. Please review and if you have any questions, please contact your company's legal counsel. Members of the LF may contact Andrew Updegrove at the firm Gesmer Updegrove LLP, which provides legal counsel to the LF.
- Roll Call (6 needed for quorum)
- Action Items Review
- Agenda Bashing
- General Topics
- Any Other Topics
XGVela Induction Proposal Qihui Zhao
- Qihui Zhao presented XGVela to the TAC for formal induction into the LFN.
- Jason Hunt
- Governance language needs to be cleaned up - appears to have been based upon ONAP but a few things that don't apply have not been removed.
- Did not see project-level governance for roles and responsibilities like PTLs. Qihui Zhao/ Seshu Kumar M - seed code drop was recent and PTLs and committers are being established. Expected to have that by the 1st week of Feb.
- Ranny Haiby
- Is release cadence sufficient to keep up with other Projects? @Azhar Sayeed, maintenance releases could be possible - want to be diligent about things that don't exist elsewhere first
- (from chat) Looking at the XGVela meeting calendar - All meetings are on 5AM PST. Any chance of adding some PST-friendly time slots (even on a monthly basis) to get broader attendance? Louis Illuzzi XGVela meeting calendar - That has been a challenge given geographic footprint. We will re-address
- Marc Fiedler
- How do you plan to align across the industry in areas like 5G to avoid overlap? @Azhar Sayeed focus is management of management and platform - want to avoid overlap, some potential may occur based upon a particular use case. Seshu Kumar M want abstraction of PaaS layer - will act as a catalyst for APIs for integration
- Want to ensure that the TAC keeps an eye on the progress here to ensure alignment.
- Brian Freeman
- Thanks for addressing my emailed question in the slide deck. Agree with Ranny regarding upstream APIs and the need to keep up with changes.
- Why LFN versus CNCF? Seshu Kumar M CNCF was not a good fit because XGVela is looking beyond just Kubernetes. Will absolutely work on alignment.
- Catherine Lefevre
- Jason Hunt would like to place a condition on the vote that stipulated the project level governance is addressed and that is presented to the TAC in February
- Morgan Richomme
- Resolution to induct XGVela as a Sandbox Project
- The Resolution recommending to the LFN GB that XGVela be inducted as a sandbox project passes.
Developer & Testing Forum Casey Cain
LFN Lifecycle States Jim Baker
Community Demo Governance Brandon Wick