Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Attendees & Representation (default sort: member first name)

TAC Members and Project representatives should mark their attendance below 
Non-TAC project reps do not count towards meeting quorum

X = Present | P = Proxy  (Indicate in the table with @name for @name

ODL XTech Mahindra

@Anil Guntupalli


@Eyal Felstaine

TF (incubation)
@Anil KapurJuniper


China Mobile
Red Hat
Deutsche Telekom
China Telecom

@David Sauvageau

Bell Canada
OPX (sandbox)

LF Staff: Kenny PaulLouis Illuzzi,  Jim BakerCasey CainBrandon Wick

Others: Seshu Kumar M, @azhar Sayeed, Qihui ZhaoZhiqiang Yu, Timo Perala, @Sandeep Karkala, 


  • Start the Recording
  • We will start by mentioning the project's Antitrust Policy, which you can find linked from the LF and project websites. The policy is important where multiple companies, including potential industry competitors, are participating in meetings. Please review and if you have any questions, please contact your company's legal counsel. Members of the LF may contact Andrew Updegrove at the firm Gesmer Updegrove LLP, which provides legal counsel to the LF.
  • Roll Call (6 needed for quorum)
  • Action Items Review
  • Agenda Bashing
  • General Topics
  • Any Other Topics


XGVela Induction Proposal Qihui Zhao

  • Qihui Zhao presented XGVela to the TAC for formal induction into the LFN.
  • Jason Hunt 
    • Governance language needs to be cleaned up - appears to have been based upon ONAP but a few things that don't apply have not been removed.
    • Did not see project-level governance for roles and responsibilities like PTLs.  Qihui ZhaoSeshu Kumar M - seed code drop was recent and PTLs and committers are being established. Expected to have that by the 1st week of Feb. 
  • Ranny Haiby 
    • Is release cadence sufficient to keep up with other Projects? @Azhar Sayeed, maintenance releases could be possible - want to be diligent about things that don't exist elsewhere first
    • (from chat) Looking at the XGVela meeting calendar - All meetings are on 5AM PST. Any chance of adding some PST-friendly time slots (even on a monthly basis) to get broader attendance? Louis Illuzzi XGVela meeting calendar - That has been a challenge given geographic footprint. We will re-address
  • Marc Fiedler 
    • How do you plan to align across the industry in areas like 5G to avoid overlap?  @Azhar Sayeed focus is management of management and platform - want to avoid overlap, some potential may occur based upon a particular use case.  Seshu Kumar M want abstraction of PaaS layer - will act as a catalyst for APIs for integration
    • Want to ensure that the TAC keeps an eye on the progress here to ensure alignment.
  • Brian Freeman 
    • Thanks for addressing my emailed question in the slide deck. Agree with Ranny regarding upstream APIs and the need to keep up with changes. 
    • Why LFN versus CNCF? Seshu Kumar M CNCF was not a good fit because XGVela is looking beyond just Kubernetes. Will absolutely work on alignment. 
  • Catherine Lefevre 
    • will XGVela be doing their own end-2-end testing which includes upstream Projects? Seshu Kumar M will be usecase dependent
    • CI/CD integration? Seshu Kumar M have partners for HW & developers, but some of what we want to do will be gated by LFN induction. 
  • Jason Hunt would like to place a condition on the vote that stipulated the project level governance is addressed and that is presented to the TAC in February
  • Morgan Richomme 
    • how many developers on the project and are they new or coming from other LFN Projects? Louis Illuzzi slide 7 on community health covers that. Seshu Kumar M very little Project overlap in terms of developer pool - most are new.
  • Resolution to induct XGVela as a Sandbox Project

Developer & Testing Forum Casey Cain

LFN Lifecycle States Jim Baker

  • Deferred

Community Demo Governance Brandon Wick

  • Deferred