Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Attendees & Representation (default sort: member first name)

TAC Members and Project representatives should mark their attendance below 
Non-TAC project reps do not count towards meeting quorum

X = Present | P = Proxy  (Indicate in the table with @name for @name

MemberRepresenting
MemberRepresenting
MemberRepresenting
ODL 
Tech Mahindra
OPX (sandbox)

Al Morton (→ Frank Brockners proxies for Al)

OPNFV 
FD.io
Orange

@Anil Guntupalli

Verizon

@Eyal Felstaine

Amdocs
Türk Telekom
@Anil KapurJuniper
Cisco and OPNFVxNokia
AT&T

IBM


TF (incubation)
ONAP
Huawei
Google
ZTE
China Mobile
Samsung
Ericsson
Deutsche Telekom
Intel

@David Sauvageau

Bell Canada
@Michelle HanVMWare
Red Hat
Vodafone



China Telecom

LF Staff: Casey Cain Kenny Paul Brandon Wick Jim Baker

Others: Timo Perala

Agenda

  • Start the Recording
  • We will start by mentioning the project's Antitrust Policy, which you can find linked from the LF and project websites. The policy is important where multiple companies, including potential industry competitors, are participating in meetings. Please review and if you have any questions, please contact your company legal counsel. Members of the LF may contact Andrew Updegrove at the firm Gesmer Updegrove LLP, which provides legal counsel to the LF.
  • Roll Call
  • Action Items Review
  • Agenda Bashing
  • General Topics
    • Developer & Testing Forum
    • Project Lifecycle services
  • Any Other Topics

Minutes

Developer & Testing Forum

  • Next D&T Forum confirmed for  - .  An email has been sent to the TAC and the technical communities have been notified.
  • Topic Proposals
  • Registration (Free)
  • Still need to form program committee
    • Community leadership PM/Chairs to reach out to their community to seek volunteers for the Program Committee 
    • volunteers: Ranny Haiby Timo Perala
  • Please encourage communities to submit their proposals before year-end
  • Ranny Haiby we can even do some preview 
    • looking for alternative delivery methods for tracks that are over-subscribed (ex: ONAP); for example, sessions that are not interactive could be published to a YouTube channel; OR all sessions on YouTube, but some are selected as pre-recorded and some as real-time
    • Ed Warnicke - "nothing is real until it's on YouTube"; consider whether to have an ONAP channel, an LFN channel, and/or a conference channel
    • Brandon Wick - keynotes, ONES demos, and webinar series are published on the Linux Foundation channel under a networking playlist, due to high # of subscribers
    • discussion around recording all event sessions; also whether to upload meeting recordings (ex: TSCs) to YouTube to help "feed the algorithm"
    • other alternative: "flip the conference", much like "flipping the classroom" - all sessions pre-recorded and use the slots for discussion with the presenter
  • Consider "proximity chat" for hallway tracks or informal collaboration.  See this article as example: https://www.wired.com/story/zoom-parties-proximity-chat/

Project Lifecycle services

  • Jim Bakershared the suggested LF Lifecycle services by state.
  • A discussion ensued around project wiki availability
    • Ed Warnicke I'm not sure that the wiki provides a lot of value
    • There was mixed feedback on the wiki.
    • Based on suggestions from the TAC, the project wiki services were updated to ensure flexibility while keeping costs down for unfunded projects.
  • The TAC discussed defect tracking solutions
    • Ed doesn't like Jira
  • Suggestion that TAC develop a set of "best practices" for new projects on tool usage, which may differ from the services provided.

Action items

  •  
  • LF Staff to look at ideas for technical events and come up with suggestions.
  • Community leadership PM/Chairs to reach out to their community to seek volunteers for the Program Committee