Attendees & Representation (default sort: member first name)
TAC Members and Project representatives should mark their attendance below
Non-TAC project reps do not count towards meeting quorum
X = Present | P = Proxy (Indicate in the table with @name for @name
|Bell Canada||OPX (sandbox)|
|Vodafone||Deutsche Telekom||Red Hat|
|@Michelle Han||VMWare||China Telecom|
Others: Timo Perala,
- Start the Recording
- We will start by mentioning the project's Antitrust Policy, which you can find linked from the LF and project websites. The policy is important where multiple companies, including potential industry competitors, are participating in meetings. Please review, and if you have any questions, please contact your company legal counsel. Members of the LF may contact Andrew Updegrove at the firm Gesmer Updegrove LLP, which provides legal counsel to the LF.
- Roll Call
- Action Items Review
- Agenda Bashing
- General Topics
- Any Other Topics
- Calendar Updates & Subscription
Virtual technical event review
- How are virtual events going? Sense of virtual event fatigue.
- Catherine Lefevre cautioned that events are key to communication to the broader community & lack of events would lead to doubts about the project's viability.
- Are there any tweaks to events that can be done?
- Frank Brockners For example, anything that doesn't require interaction ("show-and-tell") could be made available on-demand (ex: explaining a demo or reviewing a component in a project). Many other technical meeting sessions require more interaction.
- The suggestion is that submissions for CFP could designate what category they would be in. Logistics and tooling need to be worked out.
- Heather Kirksey - Webinar program has been boosted because of this - though this may be a "higher" marketing level than the sessions mentioned by Frank above. Publishing these to YouTube as well as alternative platforms for China
- Newsletter discussion
- The biweekly newsletter that goes to designated LFN member contacts should be distributed more broadly, or is the purpose different.
- Quarterly broader newsletter
- Brandon Wick to pull together a summary of the newsletter channels to share with the TAC
Governing Board meeting overview
- Standards - discussion in a board meeting about prioritization of interactions with SDOs and other external organizations.
- Discussions around expanding the use of LFN into the enterprise and other areas.
- One example is around edge, such as smarter manufacturing, where you need to orchestrate both network and IT workloads to deliver an edge service. In this case, what would be the split of responsibilities between LFN and LF-Edge
- Heather provided a brief update on the CNTT+OPNFV merger to Anuket.
Project resources by lifecycle stage
- Deferred to mailing list discussion and the next meeting for time.