Attendees & Representation (default sort: member first name)
TAC Members and Project representatives should mark their attendance below
Non-TAC project reps do not count towards meeting quorum
X = Present | P = Proxy (Indicate in the table with @name for @name
|Ericsson||x||OPX (sandbox)||China Telecom|
|Bell Canada||Türk Telekom||x|
- Start the Recording
- Show the Antitrust Policy
- Roll Call
- Action Items Review
- Agenda Bashing
- General Topics
- Any Other Topics
- Ranny Haiby won the election! Congratulations Ranny and thanks for stepping up.
Developer Recruitment Initiative
- From discussions at the virtual event
- 3 segments
- Casual developer
- Building a pipeline in academia
- Encouraging more corporate contributions
- Group formed to focus on this challenge
- Key focus: Awareness, Recognition, Tooling
- Badging through Acclaim:
- Digital badges perhaps for committers and mentorship program participants
- Mike Woster to explore this at the LF level
- John Mertic has worked with LF training team to create a badge hierarchy
- Brian Freeman College students/young developers may find this useful for substantiating their skills.
- Univ Arizona has a professor lead program
- Ranny Haiby a repo check-in is a clear indicator of contribution and is publicly viewable - no need to over do badging
- Jason Hunt Use LF Insights to trigger a contributor badge?
- What is "significant contributor mean"?
- Abhijit Kumbhare How can outside people interpret these badges?
- ISM has a series of badges that lead to a architect level (eg. public speaking, code development...)
- Catherine Lefevre Bottleneck is the committers in the process - perhaps a certificate on Linkedin that would be a differentiator in the recruiting process
- Brian Freeman F2f meeting used to have awards for top contrib, etc. - seemed to have dropped off
- Abhijit Kumbhare What is the cost of these badges? No cost for the badges - staff costs are the real cost
- Getting the right criteria uniformly across the projects
- Volunteers: Abhijit Kumbhare Jason Hunt Catherine Lefevre
LFN Cross-Community Integration, Demos, etc
- Ranny Haiby How can we have more examples of real LFN cross-project collaboration?
- Brandon Wick ONS events include demo ideas from the community - cross project proposals are ranked higher for inclusion
- 10 demos in the pipeline for virtual demo formats of upcoming ONES
- How can we institutionalize sharing across communities?
- Catherine Lefevre What about the release cadence topic across LFN? This is a tricky topic.
- Morgan Richomme Running and managing the testing process in ONAP are leveraging OPNFV framework - so perhaps this is another area for collaboration
- Also includes the process of building the CI toolchains
- Dependency management is another area that might be a fruitful area for sharing best practices
- Brandon Wick to send a link on the outstanding demos to the TAC mailing list - in a few weeks
- Ranny Haiby to create a wiki page under the TAC wiki to track the cross-project collaboration ideas and solicit ideas on TAC email
- Jason Hunt to schedule working meetings over July and August for Developer Recruitment Initiative