Attendees & Representation (default sort: member first name)
TAC Members and Project representatives should mark their attendance below
Non-TAC project reps do not count towards meeting quorum
X = Present | P = Proxy (Indicate in the table with @name for @name
|Ericsson||x||OPX (sandbox)||x||China Telecom|
|Bell Canada||Türk Telekom|
- Start the Recording
- Show the Antitrust Policy
- Roll Call
- Action Items Review
- Agenda Bashing
- General Topics
- Any Other Topics
- Nomination period ends today
- Submission deadline is today
- Used Qiqochat last time but did not see a great deal of value - committee decided against pursuing it again
- Will be trying out https://www.teamup.com/ for scheduling for this event
- Have used Sched a couple times in the past, but it is better suited for large "static schedule" events - carries too much administrative overhead for the dynamic way Developer events function
Brainstorming on helping Projects with new Developer Contributions
- Cross-project security team has been discussed on a couple of occasions
- Looking for feedback from the TAC on attracting new developers to Project "core" pieces
- Maybe we could create a status page where projects can list their more critical pieces and if they need help with them.
- Something like a "Job Board".
- We could list the requirements and why it is important to the project
- HK: We could look at doing something like this at the LFN level and promote it through blocks or other messaging.
- Catherine Lefevre We tried several approaches in ONAP. However, because sometimes the non-functional needs are not sexy or they lack the relevant experience, it has been difficult to find the right people.
- Use of interns
- Implementing a "tax" for the Guilin release that any companies wanting to add new use case or new feature; they must also provide resources to address a couple of ONAP's non-functional or security requirements in addition to the feature development.
- Ranny Haiby we have been working with some unofficial mentoring to help with some non-functional community efforts.
- Abhijit Kumbhare There are some components that require a lot of tribal knowledge that may not be suitable for Interns.
- Al Morton OPNFV uses a student volunteer program that is an independent program. We only promise a letter at the end of their project but we do get some help from students to help support the community. It has been very successful so far.
- Morgan Richomme suggested a prize of some kind like a T-shirt for Student Volunteers for completing X number of merge requests.
- Jason Hunt Will add a plenary session to the VF2F to discuss. Requesting that Abhijit Kumbhare , Al Morton, Catherine Lefevre , Morgan Richomme & Ranny Haiby contribute a slide.
- Abhijit Kumbhare digital certificates / badging can provide value.
- Jason Hunt mentioned IBM badging program: https://www.ibm.com/blogs/ibm-training/do-digital-badges-really-provide-value-to-businesses/ which uses the Open Badges program: https://openbadges.org/
- Abhijit Kumbhare mentioned digital certification from https://www.youracclaim.com/ that LF events already uses which may be used.
- Catherine Lefevre "Memory book" model that students are required to do in Belgium - helps to build a CV
- need to work with universities to build the model
- Morgan Richomme may need to move from gerrit to github to attract new developers. Use of the tools that students will be most familiar with will ease ramp-up
- Jason Hunt will create a Plenary session for the vDTF on attracting new developer contributions to projects