Please add your name in here:
- Kelvin Edmison (Nokia)
- Walter Kozlowski (Telstra)
- Pankaj Goyal (AT&T)
- Trevor Cooper (Intel)
- Karine Sevilla (Orange)
- Tomas Fredberg (Ericsson)
- Gergely Csatari (Nokia)
- Toshiyasu Wakayama (KDDI)
- Ahmed El Sawaf (STC)
- Given the limited time available, we will focus on identifying issues/actions/next steps, but not solving them right now
- Weekly RM meetings are intended to
- Identify owners for new Issues
- Track open Issues
- Address technical issues that cannot be resolved online (i.e. resolve stalls)
- Github issue Status
- Great work on the final push to M3 milestone.
- We progressed (submitted or closed) all of the PRs identified for Baldy.
- We closed all but 7 of the issues that were identified for Baldy.
- During the Baldy release, we closed 42 issues and 87 PRs total.
- CNTT Baraque, and next steps for RM
- Baraque dates are here https://github.com/cntt-n/CNTT/blob/master/doc/tech/release_notes/release_process.md#timeline
- Currently, they important ones for us are:
- May 29: M1 (Release Planning/Requirements)
- Jun 19: M2 (Issue Logging)
- Sep 14: M3 (Freeze contributions)
- CNTT Baraque#ReferenceModel outlines RM goals as:
NFG: Stable base for Networking Modelling by May 30. (further work needed to refine during the Baraque release)
Better Characterisation of Networking and Storage.
Technically make sure RM supports both Containers as well as VMs.
Data-centre Tier Services and how to integrate them tin RM.
NFG: Add HW Accel capabilities (include SmartNIC)
- Are there others we would suggest?
- Network Focus Group
- Update on this week's progress
- Virtual Face-to-face (June 1-4)
- Scot Steele is requesting topics for sessions, deadline for May 13
- This date is aligned with the LFN DDF
- Topics requests should be added the DEPRECATED: June 2020 Virtual Conference - Topic Requests page
- Topic brainstorming for RM
- Networking: longer-term plan for integration (Walter, Ahmed)
- Limitations of OVS relative to OVN/SDN (Ahmed to consider proposing)
- Edge workstream: accelerator requirements, new profiles, etc (Ahmed to consider proposing)
- Storage BoF: are there needs for a storage profile? do we have the performance targets set properly? compute-host-attached storage?
Discussion about whether to integrate Edge use cases into RM in the Baraque timeline
- Edge is defining some new profiles that include accelerators (e.g. SmartNICs, FPGAs, needed for vDU use cases)
- Can begin to have discussion on this in 2-3 weeks regarding how Edge workstream will begin to merge into RM. RA1 and RA2 will follow later.
- This is associated to the HW Acceleration topic.
- Storage discussion: can look to RA-1 with respect to storage requirements, understanding it, and then apply learnings to storage modelling.
- Can also examine the discussion around a storage-based profile: use cases, etc.