Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

Attendees

LF Staff: Casey Cain Trishan de Lanerolle Jim Baker
Committee Members: Ranny Haiby Timothy Verrall Wenjing Chu Chaker Al-Hakim VM Brasseur Ed Warnicke Jason Hunt Olaf Renner Christian Olrog Frank BrocknersAbhijit Kumbhare Davide CherubiniMorgan RichommeBin Hu Brian Freeman   Manuel Buil Marc Fiedler Olaf Renner Catherine Lefevre

Proxies: Feng Pan (for @Thomas Nadeau)
Guests: Phil Robb

Agenda

  • Start the Recording
  • Antitrust Policy
  • Agenda Bashing (Roll Call, Action Items (5 minutes)
  • General Topics
    • LFN Governing Board meeting readout and actions - Jason Hunt
         Summary of board meeting
      •  TAC action items
        • VNF Onboarding and multi-VNFD 
        • technical architecture white paper (gaps, overlaps, touchpoints)
        • Process for cross-community collaboration
    • TAC Attendance 
    • LF IT Modernization update Casey Cain
    • LFN Monthly Security Group sync

Minutes

ONS ODL/ONAP Abhijit Kumbhare

  • Joint meeting ODL/ONAP at ONS technical meetings
    • ODL to provide a minimum set of components from ODL to narrow the attack surface and CVE exposure
    • Will have monthly sync meetings between ODL/ONAP into the future starting week of  
  • What made it an effective discussion
    • Being f2f is powerful to help discussions/collaboration
    • ODL prefers to have DDF before the start of the next releases - so ONS aligns well with the ODL schedules
    • Chaker Al-Hakim set aside time for cross-community discussions at joint events

Events and TAC/MAC role

  • LFN sponsored events ONES - MAC lead the events
  • DDF/Plugfest joint project events - community inputs on timing/location
  • GB moving to LFN paid developer events instead of member volunteered sites
  • TAC as a broker to help consolidate community desires for joint events
  • fd.io's audience differs from large orchestration projects and thus it is not served by joint DDFs with such projects.  fd.io needs its own DDF, or a DDF in collaboration with other dataplane projects such as DPDK, OVS, etc.
  • Propose projects get event budget to allocate as they wish
  • AI: TAC would like a description of the event strategies for each project so that TAC might help broker dates/approach
  • Phil Robb  Recommends that we augment ONS with the developer events.

GB review of the SPC contributions

  • Board has asked SPC to balance internal focus and external adoption focus

 TAC action items from GB

  • technical architecture white paper (gaps, overlaps, touchpoints)
    • Help articulate how the LFN pieces fit together
    • Identify synergies to encourage collaboration 
    • Something like a landscape slide that shows relationships
      • Showing dependencies would be useful (eg. ONAP has dependencies on ODL jars)
    • Intended audience: utility to both internal/external - need clarification 
      • All LFN projects focus on the delivery of NFVs and ultimately VNFs
      • Overlaps exist - we know that mapping is the first step in understanding
    • Volunteers for technical architecture review of LFN projects
  • Deferred: Process for cross-community collaboration
    • Eg. CNCF TUG - GB asks for a proposal on how these collaborations should be done
    • Propose: use a wiki to catalog these efforts
  • Deferred: VNF Onboarding and multi-VNFD 


Action items

  • Casey Cain will coordinate with Events and SPC to ensure that the TAC is involved in the planning of Community Events