TAC Members: Randy BiasBrian Freeman Frank Brockners Ranny Haiby Jason Hunt Morgan Richomme , Catherine Lefevre tom nadeau Davide Cherubini Abhijit KumbhareJoseph GasparakisTina Tsou Abhijit Kumbhare @Rajesh Gadiyar Bin Hu Rossella Sblendido Marc Fiedler Wenjing Chu
- Guests: VM Brasseur
- Start the Recording
- Antitrust Policy
- Agenda Bashing (Roll Call, Action Items (5 minutes)
- General Topics
- Brandon Wick Gave an update to the TAC on the MAC update.
- Frank Brockners asked about LFN vs. project marketing messaging.
- BW: We do some minimal marketing for LFN. Most marketing is for the Projects themselves. Each brand has equity and we don't want to take away from that. But we do want to explain why their are operational advantages for leveraging the technology found in the LFN Umbrella.
- Questions were asked around how event budget is being decided and planned & differentiation between technical and marketing-oriented events.
- KP shared some information on how the LF defines an event (Developer, Community and Major Trade Shows) and how their budget is determined.
Project Lifecycle Update
- Questions regarding the Lifecycle state should be answered.
- The board agreed to annual review of incubation Projects.
- Re-confirmed that the previous Non-TAC projects are now in Incubation phase (as documented in the approved lifecycle document)
- Brian Freeman shared the results of the workgroup work
- Infrastructure Working Group Summary Report
- Recommendation for new projects should not be looking at gerritt - recommend git> circleci > package cloud
- Recommend projects migrate to As A Service model wherever possible
- Once a project's TSC decides to move, LFN will work on negotiating rates
- Questions were asked about where to include the documentation.
- The TAC agrees that it should be part of the Onboarding document for new Projects
- Questions were raised regarding adding additional language to the TAC projects to clearly state that if they don't use the recommended options that may not receive support.
- #Agreed the induction checklist will be updated to include a strong recommendation for incoming projects to follow the recommendation
Administrivia - Minutes
- Will lock the minutes at the end of the meeting
- will vote to approve the minutes at the beginning of the of the meeting as a trial