Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Date

Attendees

Agenda

  • Start the Recording
  • Antitrust Policy
  • Agenda Bashing (Roll Call, Action Items (5 minutes)
  • General Topics

Minutes

  • SPC
    • Formed to meet the Boards requirement to a Strategic approach that the Board does not have time for
    • The meeting is observable, but membership consists of an equal part of TAC and Project Representatives to GB Members
    • It was asked what kind of guidance would the SPC would provide.
      • There was concerns from the TAC that the SPC would be taking on some of the role of the TAC.
      • It was suggested that the Board speak directly to the Projects after the Strategy is confirmed.
      • Jonne suggested that there isn't enough time to communicate to all of the projects regularly.   Says the SPC is there to still have some representation to the Projects.  While the SPC can't create a strategy by itself, it will help with implementation and communication of the strategy to the Projects and TAC.
  • Project Lifecycle Review
    • Jason walked the TAC though the suggested changes.
    • One important addition is the Project Quarterly review for Sandbox projects. 
    • There is still an outstanding question of what happens to current LFN non TAC projects. 

IRC Log

14:06:38 <CaseyLF> #startmeeting tac
14:06:38 <collabot> Meeting started Wed Apr 24 14:06:38 2019 UTC.  The chair is CaseyLF. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
14:06:38 <collabot> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
14:06:38 <collabot> The meeting name has been set to 'tac'
14:06:54 <CaseyLF> #topic Strategic Planning Committee
14:07:19 <mbuil> #info Manuel Buil, SUSE (proxy for Rossella)
14:07:58 <CaseyLF> #info Jonne reviews the SPC slides provided to the TAC.
14:10:29 <CaseyLF> #info The SPC would like to do more portfolio management.
14:23:16 <CaseyLF> #info Formed to meet the Boards requirement to a Strategic approach that the Board does not have time for
14:23:30 <CaseyLF> #info The meeting is observable, but membership consists of an equal part of TAC and Project Representatives to GB Members
14:32:53 <vmbrasseur> #info BrianFreeman@AT&T
14:33:02 <vmbrasseur> #info Tina Tsou, Arm
14:35:40 <mortderire> BSOD on my way back now.
14:36:38 <mortderire> Zoom is not letting me in.
14:37:10 <CaseyLF> #info https://zoom.us/j/560486345
14:37:23 <CaseyLF> #undo
14:37:23 <collabot> Removing item from minutes: <MeetBot.ircmeeting.items.Info object at 0x2100fd0>
14:37:45 <abhijitk> #info Abhijit Kumbhare (OpenDaylight)
14:38:13 <CaseyLF> #info There was concerns from the TAC that the SPC would be taking on some of the role of the TAC.
14:42:42 <CaseyLF> #info Jonne stated While the SPC can't create a strategy by itself, it will help with implementation and communication of the strategy to the Projects and TAC.
14:49:15 <CaseyLF> #topic Project Lifecycle
14:50:01 <CaseyLF> #link https://logs.opendaylight.org/releng/vex-yul-odl-jenkins-1/lfn-process-rtd-verify-any/78/html/lifecycle/lifecycle.html Updated Lifecycle Document
14:51:21 <CaseyLF> #info Jason walks the TAC though the suggested changes.
14:54:33 <CaseyLF> #info One important addition is the Project Quarterly review for Sandbox projects.
14:57:07 <CaseyLF> #info There is still an outstanding question of what happens to current LFN non TAC projects.
14:59:42 <abhijitk> CaseyLF - do you want to put the following in the minutes? https://github.com/lfnetworking/process/pull/14
14:59:43 <CaseyLF> #link https://github.com/lfnetworking/process/pull/14 to the Process doc.
14:59:51 <CaseyLF> ^^
14:59:57 <abhijitk> thx CaseyLF
15:01:51 <CaseyLF> #endmeeting

Action items

  •