- Ed Kern Ed Warnicke Brian Freeman Morgan Richomme @chrisC(Att) Jack Morgan @tnadeau @daniel takamori (pono)
Ed Kern previews drone and circleci
- circleci uses nomad for orchestrator and doesn't support ARM
- drone has shared memory constraints and does support ARM
- a drone server can drive to a nomad cluster
- used by vpp for ~5years because jenkins on openstack was unstable and at the time any disk writes were slow
- can link to a ngrok container to get to drone server on other side of firewalls
- After getting more specific numbers, compare the direct costs for leveraging As A Service.
- Discussion over the "sales phase" for migrations and how do we mitigate concerns
- fd.io has then issue with infra limitations onap suffers from build/release complexity
- recount of hydrogen release challenge - never, ever again
- Thanh Ha notes " If it's any consolation ODL's release process is fairly straight forward these days :)"
- Once final numbers are available, the PMs will need to raise the issue with their respective TSCs
- Would be nice to have everyone on one platform, but each community will no doubt have their own preferences
- Ed Warnicke talking to gitlab on "bundle and save" - our current projects don't qualify for free
- Jim Baker at least in onap little appetite for tool chain transitions Brian Freeman notes more timing and "safety"
- Thanh Ha ODL transitioned from rackspace to vexxhost a year ago and would not be hip to moving again any time soon. Key concern is migration plan (job migrations), it's not something that can happen over night.
- Trevor Bramwell notes that it will be unlikely that any transition will be in isolation. Likely to need migrating to a few tools due to dependencies even if communities only want to change one.