Casey Cain Kenny Paul Phil Robb Abhijit Kumbhare @Ray Kinsella Bin Hu Brian Freeman Catherine Lefevre Frank Brockners @Jim St. Leger Ahmed El Sawaf @Chaker Al-Hakim @Randy Bais David McBride Davide Cherubini Dhananjay Pavgi Ed Warnicke Manuel Buil Morgan Richomme Tina Tsou Trishan de Lanerolle @Vicky Brasseur Wenjing Chu
@Joe Ghalam OPX
OPX Induction Request - Introducing the Project to the TAC
- Joe Ghalam reviewed his OPX (Open Switch) slides
- OPX name to help elemiminate confusion with Open vSwitch
- Questions regarding possible trademarking issue due to the proximity of the name Open Switch / Open vSwitch. It is not believed there is an issue.
- Concerns raised over the use of redis database due to restrictive licensing that would prevent an OPX enabled box from being used in a service offering
- Rebranding work underway to remove "open-switch" is WIP and is being handled very strategically.
- Induction documents will be submitted to github this week with review to start next week.
- (Joe drops from call at this point)
- Question/concern raised over expected impact to the LFN budget - part of what the Board takes into consideration
- Concern raised over proprietary switch driver - some surprise over the fact it was received in binary form. Needs to be highlighted for the board.
- Still no chair
- To be revisited at the next meeting.
Joe Ghalam to research licensing around redis