#project-5g-slicing - Slack channel under Magma Slack dedicated to slicing and slicing security. This is where followup discussions will proceed.
- DARPA Ops 5G program interested in network slicing capabilities of Magma.
- Magma at the early stages of developing network slicing and slicing security capabilities.
- What will be the capacities of network slicing in Magma? Feature roadmap?
- Leverage the network slicing capabilities provided by ONAP and interface to Magma to support network slicing.
- Some devices may need default slice information. What can be/will be provided?
- Android OS 12 and Google Pixel 6 to support slicing. Can testing be done with this device? What other devices are being considered for network slicing testing?
- Magma supports default subscription information in the case where the UE does not provide it.
- GenXComm is RAN provider for DARPA Ops 5G test bed and has experience with Magma as well as RAN support for network slicing.
- Details on admission control and session management schema in Magma was discussed (Suresh/ (Wavelabs)- timestamp 08:53). An overview of slice instance onboarding was shared (can Suresh provide for reference?)
- Secure network slicing discussion. Timestamp: 18:07
- Ops 5G program has a separate technical area working on secure network slicing. Michael August has lead.
- Technical schema details and feature/roadmap alignment discussed between DARPA Ops 5G and Magma.
- Overview on admission control and session management schema in Magma. Can Suresh provide the slides?
- Develop a prioritized list of security concerns for slicing that would be/could be implemented in Magma.
- Michael August can provide slides slicing security overview planned for DARPA Ops 5G.
- Slack channel under Magma Slack dedicated to slicing and slicing security: #project-5g-slicing (https://magmacore.slack.com/archives/C01PC1QA3QF). The team would like the discussion to proceed here.
- Further discussion on Magma architecture and requirements around RAN with Hardik/GenXComm.