TSC Meeting Zoom link
Meeting Chat File
Attendees & Representation. Please add your name to the attendance table below.
LF Staff: LJ Illuzzi
Meeting note taker
Welcome to new attendees
- LFN 2023 Budget Cycle
General Topics (cover as needed)
Technical Steering Committee
Release Management Consultation- The presentation collateral from 08/24 and 08/31 have been posted to the L3AF Wiki: Release Management
- Community input by 09/16
- Should we do the remaining 30 mins of release management presentation?
- Dave: Perhaps the slides are sufficient.
- Jason: +1, Santhosh +1, Lj +1
- L3AF Release Manager. 2 preferable
- Santhosh, Jason, Dhivya to serve as Release Managers
- Overall status of release:
- eBPF for Windows - on roadmap, not in current release
- On Windows all the tests pass
- However, L3af does not work on Windows
- Need to build up tests - must precede coincide with L3AF for windows
- L3AFd release: mTLS support: https://github.com/l3af-project/l3afd/pull/96
- No specific dependency on Linux distro(?)
- Supporting libbpf core - taking offline
- Release Planning: https://github.com/l3af-project/l3af-arch/discussions/39
- Assign names or just use numbers
- Exotic trees(?)
- Chala: Go with numbers
- Semver 2.0: https://semver.org/
- Start with 1.0 - backwards compat required until next major release number.
- API version -schema definition
- Current schema: v1 (convention)
- URI should only use the major version because the version does not change with the API
- We will start with 1.0
- eBPF package repository
- Nothing is changed, but we should have a release
- We will start with 1.0, however there is no requirement that they be the same
- Release notes and documentation
- Need to get started on draft this week
- Docs were completed as we went
- Added 2 new APIs
- Best practices, examples
- Update swagger docs
- package repo does not need specific docs for eBPF progs
- Participate in the mentorship program?
- Blob storage
- What subscription level do we need?
- Need some infrastructure as well
- IT support
- We are on the LFX platform
- L3AF.io site
- We can self-manage it - would have to have a person to manage it.
- eBPF.io uses netlify - generates previews on each PR