The Vice-Chair will represent the TAC when the TAC Chair is not available unless another delegation has been made explicitly.
LFN Governing Board Member Committers Representative (LGBMCR)
- The role of the LFN Governing Board Member Committers Representative (LGBMCR) is to represent the committers and contributors to LFN projects at the LFN Governing board. The expectation of the LGBMCR is to attend all LFN Governing board meetings (and any appropriate ancillary meetings), gather input from the committer community for issues raised at the board level, and to communicate to the committer community key activities from board.
- LGBMCR is elected for the 1 year. Re-election is not possible.
TAC Appointed Seats
The TAC may itself appoint up to two members at the needs of the TAC.
Number of TAC Appointed Members
- Candidates for TAC Appointment to the TAC are nominated by the existing TAC members.
- A nomination page will be created for each candidate, including a supporting statement and contact information
- Candidates must accept nomination prior to consideration.
- Failure to accept within two weeks is considered declining the nomination.
- Once the candidates' nomination period is complete, there will be a 14-day period for the TAC to contact and evaluate candidate submissions.
The role of the security SME is to work with project TSCs, the TAC and the LFNGB to improve the security of the code produced by LFN projects by
- Implementing more secure software development culture:
- Secure software development best practices and tools (e.g. from the survey table),
- Software development best practices and tools that decrease the vulnerabilities in LFN project code (code scanning, package upgrades),
- Software supply chain security best practices (SBOM, code/container signing) to increase the security transparency of LFN project code,
- LFIT security practice improvement,
- OpenSSF badging assistance.
- Identify cross-open source project security issues and provide actionable recommendations.
- Keep track of The Open Source Software Security Mobilization Plan implementation and identify touch points for LFN projects.
- Providing subject matter expertise to the TAC.
- Advising the TAC on security-related issues.
5G Super Blueprint
Good characteristics for candidates to fill the TAC Seat supporting 5G include:
- Thought leader and visionary on 5G and 6G solutions, industry trends, Use Cases.
- Advise on Use Cases that differentiate Open Source 5G/6G solutions (within the 5G SBP Use Case Advisory Group)
- Advise on Use Cases that add value for service providers and cultivate business Use Cases (within the 5G SBP Use Case Advisory Group)
- Ability to span across parallel/sister communities and umbrellas (LF Edge, Energy, Health, etc.), from a technical standpoint, to identify potential technical fits with the 5G SBP
- Contribute technical expertise to 5G SBP from an architecture and topology standpoint to fit a given Use Case.
- Advise the TAC on trends in 5G/6G and potential project fit for the LFN umbrella