Versions Compared


  • This line was added.
  • This line was removed.
  • Formatting was changed.



    • Agenda 
      • New time for RM meetings: Wednesdays, 8:00pm UTC, 9:00pm CET, 12:00 pm California, 7:00 am (Thursday) Melbourne
      • Anuket/Meld: Interim TSC update: Anuket Interim TSC
      • Next vF2F conference in February 2021: topics are required: Feb vF2F Feb 1-4: 2021 February LFN Developer & Testing Forum
      • Updates on collaboration and relevant events:
      • Next release (Elbrus) M3 - 15 January 2021: Update on Elbrus Issues and PRs progress/actions and PRIORITIZATION

      • MVP: means that we should have an almost ready contents by 20 December 2020

        Network/Hardware Management

        Hardware Infrastructure Management: function and APIs

        Tomas, Walter




        Issue 2050

        Requirements for  NBI from HIM: work in progress

        Some contents will be available next week

        Primary & secondary networking

        Tomas, Suresh, Gergely



        Probably RA-2 topic, discuss with Tom K. Gergely, Georg Kunz,  whether RM can help (prob general guidance and requirements)

        Issue 2085: work in progress

        Some contents will be available next week


        Security (workloads and infrastructure) - alignment with ONAP

        Karine, Amy, Pankaj




        CNCF - Cloud Native Security White Paper -

        More relevant for RA-2, not RM

        Life-cycle Management  (infrastructure)

        Walter, Karine, Pankaj, Per, UliMedium

        Upgradeability, migration

        Action: Issue 2086; identify gaps in Chapter 9 - open fort comments

        Chapter 9 contains:

        • Configuration Management
        • A bit of Assurance
        • Few sentences on Capacity Management


        • Incident Management (Walter)
        • Problem Management(Walter)
        • Change Management (including Infrastructure Refresh)(Walter)
        • Monitoring
        • Audit
        • Disaster Recovery
        • CI/CD (Scott + Pankaj)

        Automation (closed loop automation)WalterScott, Pankaj, Saad, Tomas, WalterMedium

        Should be in part in LCM (Chapter 9) - identify topics - open for comments; Issue  2087

        Action: identify gaps

        • Infrastructure build automation (Part of RI-1 and RI-2) define process in RM
        • Tenancy creation automation
        • Workload onboarding automation
        • CI/CD Automation (Application Lifecycle automation) (Scott + Pankaj)
        • Close loop automation
        • Security automation
        • Networking

        Action: Anyone who wants to pick up any of these topics - please raise your hand

        Action: Please send email with your interest to Pankaj, who will organise a call to discuss


        Sukhdev, Zlatko



        Issue 2052, vF2F session happened; Need to engage Zlatko and Sukhdev

        Hardware acceleration abstraction

        Petar, Tomas, Per, Walter



        Issue 2051; open for comments 

        Petar organised initial call; focus on structure, and taxonomy

        Compute node acceleration (incl smartNICs, GPU, etc)


        Programmable fabric


        Network acceleration

        Karine, Petar


        Needed a structure

        Further details needed (all classes of storage)

        Issue 2056: Need contributors and expertise it has a link to the June PTG notes

        Action: Beth to provide a structure (PTG etherpad can be used)

        Special use cases

        Load balancing

        Per, SukhdevMediumIssue 2095: Per to provide concept description for comments

        Mutual discovery (workloads/infrastructure)

        Sukhdev, Tomas
        MediumIssue 2088; Sukhdev to add the concept description for comments

        Service function chaining

        Suresh, Sukhdev



        Issue 2089; Suresh start putting contents for comments
        Model for Enterprise Cloud
        Walter, Pankaj, Ahmed



        Issue 2049: Multi/hybrid cloud  from Data Centre to Edge; review and update the contents in WiKi:

        Action: All to review and add comments:

        CNTT Hybrid Multi-Cloud Architecture - ScenarioCNTT Edge Architecture

        Alignment with ONAPInvestigate topics other than securityPetarLowPetar to present to RM meeting
        Alignment with GSMA OPGInvestigate alignment pointsWalterLowDepends on outcomes of joint OITF and OPG meetings
        Alignment with ORAN?Influence ORAN regarding telco cloud

        Tomas raised this question as he participates in WG 6. Karine to find out how we could discuss possible  dependences, alignments, cloud principles....
        Alignment  with ODIM
        Bring to this meeting the actions, comments from previous sessions and vF2F 
        Granularity of RM profiles

        Issue 2068

        Action: Walter to invite Tom K to present the view

        REview of RM Chapter 2
        Issues 2067, 2067