This session will give a quick overview of what was developed in Guilin to support our Cloud Native Transformation, followed by the presentation of our new scope for the Honolulu release
Slides & Recording
- REQ-334 (ETSI Alignment-CNF Support) - SOL004, SOL005 v3.3.1
View file name ONAP ETSI-Alignment for Honolulu-LFN-2020-10-14-3.pptx height 150
- REQ-341 (CNF Orchestrator)
View file name REQ-341 - CNFO - Honolulu Extensions - DTF.pdf height 150
- Question about support for K8S Operators for Lifecycle Management. Answer: ONAP SO is focused on the service level orchestration. Lifecycle management of an NF can be delegated to K8S.
- Fernando Oliveira It has been my experience that K89S CRD and operators can support "some" of the container LCM, but I think that ONAP needs to be aware of the policies that it is delegating so that higher order policies do not conflict.
- SO can use more developer helping hands to improve the functionality of CNF orchestration.
- Question: How can a software vendor decide which "path" to use for CNF orchestration - The ETSI path and the existing SO path? A: There will be a translation between the formats. There is an attempt to align the model between the two paths.
- Fernando Oliveira I think that it must be our goal that a VNF vendor does not need to know the details of the orchestration flow(s) that ONAP uses to LCM a NF. I expect that we would define the requirements of th NF package and NF descriptor so that a vendor can construct a single package that ONAP can use with potentially different internal paths.
- Question: What is the proposed CNF descriptor? Is it a node type in TOSCA? A: There will be a new node type, but it is not closely following the ETSI-NFV VNFD. The SDC will have a new resource type called "Helm", but it is not 1:1 mapping to the ETSI-NFV VNFD.
- Fernando Oliveira In the ETSI model both container based and VM based NFs are described by a VNF Descriptor. The distinction as made at the VDU level where a VirtualComputeDesc is used to for VMs and OsContainerDesc is used for Containers. This page: https://wiki.onap.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=84664990 describes the proposed model.
- Consider portability between ETSI & ONAP for CNF