|Table of Contents|
The compliance and verification committee meets on a regular basis.
Monday, 0600 Pacific Standard Time/ 1500 Central European Time / 2200 China Standard Time/1400 UTC with the following Zoom meeting information.
Join Zoom Meeting
There is a mailing list and calendar on groups.io.
Subscribe to the calendar here: https://lists.lfnetworking.org/g/lfn-compliance/ics/3684108/1233804156/feed.ics
The Compliance and Verification Committee (“C&V Committee”) is
the community driven body within LF Networking
which defines policies and oversight for compliance and certification program
. The C&V Committee operates under the
guidelines established by LF Networking and Governing Board
for meeting organization and rules of order. The C&V Committee will meet either by conference call
or in face
face session. Meetings will be announced in accordance with the processes and procedures established by LF Networking. Participation in the C&V Committee is open to all participants (members and non-members) of LF Networking, and the target makeup of the C&V Committee is to include a balance of representatives with active testing experience as well as end user requirements. Elected leadership positions and eligible voters within the C&V Committee shall be from LF Networking member companies.
- Communicate with Governing Board on compliance and verification business tasks;
- Define the governance of compliance and verification programs, subject to Governing Board approval;
- Define the target for the mark or marks: network software platform, Infrastructure, applications etc.;
- Define the interoperability promise;
- The most practical and desirable degree of verification testing (e.g., self-certification vs 3rd party lab);
- Approval of Certification Test Labs; and
- Makes all decisions regarding granting and maintaining the verification mark(s) as well as the violation and appeal processes.
CVC Chairperson: Olivier Smith
CVC Co-vice-chairpersons: Yan Yang
2021 CVC Voting Committee Members
Blue highlighting == Voting member
List as of
The Chair and Vice-Chair positions are appointment for a 1-year term each April. Typical nomination period will be 2 weeks, followed by a 1 week voting period, similar to the typical project TSC processes.
- Additionally, subcommittee leadership positions shall be elected with the same timing.
- A single list of eligible voters shall be used for all elections (chairs and subcommittees), with the following requirements:
- The designated voter must work for an LFN member company and be a participant of the CVC or a subcommittee.
- There shall be one designated voter per company.
- For an election to complete, at least simple majority of the eligible voters must cast ballots (similar to the LFN board / TSC processes).