|Table of Contents
Hello and welcome! If you're reading this, you're probably interested in the evolving world of Open Networking technologies. Whether you're a developer, project lead, or simply an enthusiast looking to contribute, you've come to the right place. The Linux Foundation Networking (LFN) is the nexus for collaboration and innovation in this space, and this documentation aims to be your ultimate guide to understanding and participating in the LFN ecosystem.
Intro to the LFN
Our software & projects provide platforms and building blocks for Network Infrastructure & Services across Service Providers, Cloud Providers, Enterprises, Vendors, System Integrators that enable rapid interoperability, deployment & adoption.
At LF Networking, we firmly believe open source technology is the only viable path to truly scale software so that businesses, government agencies, education institutions, service providers—and the OEMs, ISVs and system integrators that support them—can achieve operational and revenue value in a timely and cost-effective manner. Open source software also motivates leading edge development with vulnerability detection and code design best practices with security built in from the ground up.
Just getting your feet wet? This section will give you a comprehensive roadmap to jumpstart your journey, from understanding the basic terminologies to setting up your development environment and creating your Linux Foundation ID & Set Up Your Individual Dashboard.
- Community Meetings
- Community is at the heart of everything we do. Learn about our regular community meetings, how to join them, and what you can expect in these interactive sessions.
- Developer Recruitment Initiative
- LFN thrives on community contributions. If you're looking to contribute your skills and make an impact, discover our Developer Recruitment Initiative to see how you can get involved.
- Upstream First Best Practices Guide
- Quality and consistency are key for any open-source project. This guide provides insights into the best practices for contributing upstream to ensure the highest level of quality and collaboration.
- LFX for LFN
- Discover LFX, the suite of tools designed to improve your project's sustainability, security, and insight metrics. Find out how you can leverage LFX to better manage and track your contributions.
So you have a project that aligns with the LFN mission and you want to make it part of the family? Here, you'll find information about the different lifecycle states a project can be in, and detailed steps on how to join or change your lifecycle state through our Project States and Guidelines.
Each lifecycle state comes with its own set of tools and services to help you succeed. Understand what's available to you at each stage of your project's life.
A little recognition goes a long way. Learn about the badges issued by the LFN via Credly, based on community-defined criteria, and how you can earn them to show off your skills and contributions.
We hope this documentation serves as a valuable resource for you as you navigate the expansive and exciting world of Open Networking through LFN. Should you have any questions or need further clarification, don't hesitate to reach out to our community. Happy networking!
This Page is currently in Draft
If you have any questions, please contact Casey Cain