This session will give a quick overview of what was developed in Guilin to support our Cloud Native Transformation, followed by the presentation of our new scope for the Honolulu release
Slides & Recording
- REQ-334 (ETSI Alignment-CNF Support) - SOL004, SOL005 v3.3.1 1
View file name ONAP ETSI-Alignment for Honolulu-LFN-2020-10-14-3.pptx height 150
- REQ-341 (CNF Orchestrator)
View file name REQ-341 - CNFO - Honolulu Extensions - DTF.pdf height 150
- Question about support for K8S Operators for Lifecycle Management. Answer: ONAP SO is focused on the service level orchestration. Lifecycle management of an NF can be delegated to K8S.
- SO can use more developer helping hands to improve the functionality of CNF orchestration.
- Question: How can a software vendor decide which "path" to use for CNF orchestration - The ETSI path and the existing SO path? A: There will be a translation between the formats. There is an attempt to align the model between the two paths.
- Question: What is the proposed CNF descriptor? Is it a node type in TOSCA? A: There will be a new node type, but it is not closely following the ETSI-NFV VNFD. The SDC will have a new resource type called "Helm", but it is not 1:1 mapping to the ETSI-NFV VNFD.