Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Welcome to the LFN Technical Advisory Council (TAC) Page.  The role of the TAC is to facilitate communication and collaboration among the Technical Projects in LFN.  

TAC Meetings

The TAC meets bi-weekly and the meeting is open to everyone.  

When (Normally): 7:00am - 8:00am Pacific Time (14:00-15:00 UTC).

The next TAC meeting is scheduled for Wednesday 2018-09-26.  It will start 10 minutes after the hour to accommodate the room schedule at ONS.  For those attending ONS, please join us for the TAC meeting in the Emerald Room as part of the unconference track.  The Zoom conference will still be active for those unable to attend ONS.

Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/560486345

Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +16699006833,,560486345# or +16465588656,,560486345#
Or Telephone:
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 646 558 8656 or +1 877 369 0926 (Toll Free) or +1 855 880 1246 (Toll Free)
Meeting ID: 560 486 345
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/bB8IumSv

International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/nWbUlP1Z

IRC irc.freenode.net

  • #lfn-meeting
  • IRC Channels require a registered IRC Nickname to attend to reduce spam.
    • Formal instructions can be found here.  The salient points are listed below.
    • To register:
    • On login:
      • /msg nickserv identify <password>
      • /join #lfn-meeting
    • LF Staff highly recommend IRCCloud client.  It allows you to stay logged in and works on all platforms including mobile.  If you don't have one or can not install one you can use this web client.

Agenda Topic Backlog

  • ONAP and ODL are seeking LFN to hire/contract a technical writer to help improve the various documents/manuals needed for the project.  Are there other projects that could leverage such a resource?  Is this something the TAC feels should be prioritized highly on the LFN budget?
  • TAC Chair vs. GB Representative Discussion/Decision (voted at 3/14 mtg to to elect a temporary rep (Mazin) until a longer discussion/decision could be reached).
  • Next Steps For Induction Process
    • Clean up typos
    • Publish process on ??... on wiki, in PDF versioned, readthedocs?
    • Initiate review of TF
  • Jira workflows for different LFN projects
    • Provide readout of the different workflows that the LFN projects use
    • Consider recommendation for harmonization: Will ease collaboration among projects - project status is more easily understood.

Current Action Items

  • Create Action Items list on Wiki - Casey
  • Update Zoom Information on Wiki  - Casey
  • Create new TAC Calendar and send out new Calendar Invite to the community - Casey
  • Review TAC Chair Job description and provide feedback - All TAC Members
  • Review Tungsten Fabric Governance document and provide feedback - All TAC Members
  • Work with Security teams from LFN Projects to form Security task force - Casey
  • Add TAC Induction documents to TAC Wiki - Casey / Kenny
  • Provide readout on Jira Workflows used for all LFN projects - Phil

August 29, 2018

Aug 22nd, 2018

August 1st, 2018

July 11th, 2018

June 20, 2018

June 6, 2018

May 23, 2018

May 9, 2018

April 25, 2018

April 11, 2018

March 26, 2018

March 14, 2018

February 28, 2018

February 12, 2018


  • No labels