Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

EUAG Meeting Recordings

Introductions of LFN staff and participants. Participants were asked their interest areas and hot button topics.

Attendees: 

LFN - Jim Baker , Phil Robb , Heather Kirksey , Kenny Paul , David McBride

Beth Cohen - Verizion : hot onap Fred O very active, adding edge, containerization of network services

Chris Luke - Comcast :  hot none at this time

Kodi Atuchukeu - Vodafone: hot onap

Chuyi Guo - CMCC:   hot network services

David Perez Caparros – Swisscomm: hot onap, opnfv. Currently leading onap broadband usecase for Dublin release.

Donald Clarke -Cablelabs: hot hot which opensource pieces from LFN will be relevant. opnfv engaged, watching onap and edge

Gerald Knuzmann - DOCOMO : hot etsi nfv alignment. opnfv doctor and promise(?) projects

Herbert Damker – DT:  hot opnfv not active but watching nfvi standardization. opnfv logical place to host., profiling. active in onap and tf. using contrail. need to decide on os

Lingli Deng – CMCC: hot opnfv and onap. expand in to deep learning, looking @ fd.io and 

Rabi Abdel – Vodafone : hot tooling for certification of vnf nfvi standardization. network acceleration fd.io and dpdk (access accel in a open /std way). cnf & cncf

Michael Bugenhagen - CenturyLink:  hot anything that goes between intercompany digital communication and alignment.  Focus on recordkeeping and billing.

Randy Levensalor – Cablelabs: hot interoperability and containerization for thin end platform

Vincent Colas – Orange:  hot onap

15595158045 - did not speak

Yayoi Kobayashi – dropped

Zhangrurirui - CMCC: hot 5g

How to organize the workstreams?

  • Perfer to be spammed for all meetings... so I can pick chose which to attend.
  • Difficult to split into single projects - getting more email is better because of the overlap between projects
  • Tag the subject line on key topics
  • Until volume is understood, please spam

Decision: start with spamming for all topics and adjust

Meeting cadence

  • Every other week?
  • bi-weekly is a good initial cadence
  • Get agenda early 

Decision: Start with bi-weekly

Meeting time slot:

  • Asia PAC/US time slots (rotate time of meeting)
  • Could go back an hour early OR rotate?
  • Prefer a single time slot to avoid repeating topics - hard to get decisions
  • Do decisions email/wiki

Communications:

Please email topics to Jim/Phil

Topics brainstorm:

  • How to interact with other orchestrators - which protocols to leverage to facilitate
  • Containerization of NwServices and security of the same
  • On-boarding common NFVI, onboard VNF
  • What are the gaps in making deployment difficult: training, other things that are friction in deployments
  • Ask members to give short talks on what they have been doing and reveal shortfalls
  • Closed meetings?- suggest open so that TSC can attend and hear first hand feedback? 
    • DECISION: Open meetings
  • Conflicting requirements - could be very technical - albeit value is cross-functional
  • Acceleration interfaces - want an open interface
  • Get understand of multi-SDN projects - where they overlap
  • "Why are there 17 orchestrators" - common architectural facets - platform oriented vs. service oriented architectures (resource model) same with policy
  • Containerization of NFVs - overview and discussion
  • VNF onboarding - standardize vis a vis accelerators and cloud native
  • OVP program and prioirities
  • ACTION Phil Robb send out survey based upon today's feedback.